OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think so too, but the weird thing is I'm not even 100% certain. Texas should have beaten OU but for a couple of wonky turnovers and a handful of uncharacteristic overly conservative coaching decisions by Sark.

OU gave up 20 to Iowa State and struggled vs Cincy and SMU. No one thought they were a playoff team before Red River, and that one rivalry win has changed the whole narrative there. Which is kind of my point. One win and the fact that they're 6-0 has people talking about how exciting OU is, ignoring the very evident flaws on their team. The same is happening with Alabama right now as well.

Conversely, USC seems to be the opposite of that. They're 6-0 but we all acknowledge the very evident flaws and if anything give them more weight than anything else. They've fallen in the polls every week for 3 weeks, despite winning. Oklahoma jumped 2 spots after a 20-6 win vs currently 2-3 Cincinnati.

It's just a weird season. I can't remember the last time I saw an undefeated team get talked about like this. The 2014 FSU team that lost to Oregon in the playoffs?
USC easily. OU beat my boys fair and square. We had 5 turnovers if you count the turnovers on downs and the roughing the kicker. OU will more than likely go to the CCG undefeated because of their soft schedule

Was just walking around campus during lunch. Pretty pumped for tomorrow's game.
20231013_114711.jpg

Anybody else see that side judge patting the buffs on the backside as they were running off the field after that touchdown? :rofl:

Travis Hunter just got an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for praying and crossing his chest in the end zone after a TD :lol:

I’m not Catholic but ESPN are cowards for cutting the audio while the ref announced the penalty :lol:

For the record I think NCAA rules specifically say you can go to your knees and gesture if in prayer or saluting your fans.

#PAC12refs

Last edited:
Travis Hunter just got an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for praying and crossing his chest in the end zone after a TD :lol:

I’m not Catholic but ESPN are cowards for cutting the audio while the ref announced the penalty :lol:

For the record I think NCAA rules specifically say you can go to your knees and gesture if in prayer or saluting your fans.

#PAC12refs

Interesting. I thought his mic was off.

I need one of those grey sportswear club fleece sweaters with the metallic buffalo logo on it. :smokin

I actually met one of the Oregon offensive line coaches last week and he was wearing a ducks one… thought it was just a thing that Oregon had, but man I’d love to have one of those in CU form.

Back
Top Bottom