OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul George:

2018 vs. Utah: 25 ppg on 41% shooting.

2019 vs. Portland: 28 ppg on 43% shooting.

2020 vs. Denver: 22 ppg on 43% shooting.

These are the series that people criticized him for. These are the series that got him nick-named WayOff P.

Serious question:

How come when Brick-Layer bryant routinely put up very similar or worse numbers in playoff series, particularly in 6 out of the 7 Finals he played in, he was determined to be some sort of killer?

But they praise Allen Iverson for shooing a lot worst …. But they don’t want to have that convo

I’ve never heard that criticism for Doc. Shoot, he’s been considered one of the best ATO coaches in the league.

Doc criticism is how he gets tight, gives up big leads and his rotations
I have said that almost verbatim. I referred to him as a "leader of men" if I remember correctly. That was years ago and he's improved since, but still not an ideal coach to me.

I've come to retalize that critiquing coaches is very difficult aside from your most extreme Coach Bud "My idea of adjustments is just doing more of the same thing until it works" situations.

Players are much more to blame than coaches when the playoffs are concerned. It's a player dominant league and in the case of the playoffs the plan often devolves to "go out there and win the game star player"

Coach Bud is a rare case as he's not even putting the most optimal lineup for the playoffs on the floor. Guys got Brook Lopez out there playing drop coverage on Kevin Durant.

On a side note, welcome to like the 6th year in a row that a drop coverage big gets abused in the playoffs

Sixers blow every 20 point lead they ever have. For years, it never fails.
The failure in Doc is strong, can't even blame the Sixers anymore.

Sixers team gets blown up if they lose this game. Doesn’t even matter if they end up winning the series

Home team :nthat:
All they had to do was hire a real coach.
The ghost of Donald Sterling is haunting everything that ever touched the Clippers org.
Seriously, CP3, Blake, Doc Rivers. LMAO.

Mini hot take but... I would honestly be totally ok with a drop coverage big never winning DPoY ever again. I get that it won't happen because it's good regular season defense but when we get to the playoffs the same thing happens every year. The further you advance, the higher the likelihood that you end up facing one if not two elite bucket getters and your drop big ends up getting either played off the floor or left out there to be abused. See:

Rudy Gobert vs the Rockets
Rudy Gobert vs the Rockets
Rudy Gobert vs the Clippers
Brook Lopez vs the Nets
Brook Lopez vs the Heat
Rudy Gobert vs the Warriors (nothing could really have been done here but still)
Joel Embiid to an extent

Rudy Gobert likely won't win another DPoY but he just posted the "Best defensive season of all time" and here we are again watching him do nothing.

Even the year Giannis won the award I had it going to Brook Lopez truly. When you base your defense around drop coverage the drop big is the most important player on the defense. I would take an "inferior" switch big over the best drop big any day. Tired of this. You can't be the best defender truly if you're in the paint 99% of the time.

Not my DPoY word to my man addict4sneakers addict4sneakers

Ben still masquerading as a guard costing his team playoff wins. You hate to see it
But do you really hate to see it, I am enjoying it. I am here for all the Sixers jokes today.
Joel about to cry

again
This is the hero you need.
unnamed.jpg

This is the hero you deserve Philly.
joel-embiid-burger.jpg

Draymond has never in his life gotten fried on defense the way rudy does nightly. It's a joke of an award at this point. I know he's french...but he's swiss cheese

Can you win a chip with a drop coverage big being a major part of your team?

Embiid, Gobert? Jokic will get abused and you cant take them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom