OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simmons has the ability to flirt with a low scoring triple double every game, while playing 1st team level defense.

Sure, he should shoot better...no doubt.

But he should be running and gunning in a magic Johnson type offense/role. In half court, he should be searching for driving lanes in pnr and finding open guys.

And yeah I know...Simmons can't hold magics jock strap

I feel like guys like him and giannis are in the wrong role, which contributes to their ineffectiveness.

It's like watching Will Ferrell in a serious drama bad.

Imo

Simmons has the ability to flirt with a low scoring triple double every game, while playing 1st team level defense.

But he should be running and gunning in a magic Johnson type offense/role. In half court, he should be searching for driving lanes in pnr and finding open guys.

I feel like guys like him and giannis are in the wrong role, which contributes to their ineffectiveness.

Imo
To be clear I’m not defending Simmons as a player at all. He was god awful. It’s pretty clear that his fear of being fouled has ruined his confidence and aggression at every level on offense…. Damaged goods.

And yeah I know...Simmons can't hold magics jock strap

Imo

It's not just the fact that he doesn't have a jumper then can't hit free throws. He doesn't look to score at all. He does the Rondo thing where he can have a wide open layup but he'll whip it around so someone else can shoot a contested three 😂

It's fine to be unselfish when your offense is humming but in the second half of that game, their offense was completely stagnant and needed a spark and they're all-star PG didn't even look at the basket. He completely takes himself out of the game offensively.

It's like the other team knows that even if Ben Simmons is point blank, standing in front of the basket he will not shoot it.

Sixers could have had Kyle Lowry, instead they got George Hill and called it a day.

Now Croc Rondo runs the point and can’t hit a FT

To be clear I’m not defending Simmons as a player at all. He was god awful. It’s pretty clear that his fear of being fouled has ruined his confidence and aggression at every level on offense…. Damaged goods.
I totally agree. His approach towards actually scoring American basketball points is awful outside of 4 feet from the basket.

Imo, I do believe that it can be somewhat fixed. And...I believe that in an 80s Showtime Lakers pg role, he can be very effective....as long as he's the only player on the court that can't shoot.

his elbow is poking out. He’s probably shooting with the wrong hand too. It’s no excuse to be a 30% foul shooter. I get the mental part of it but 30% is indefensible
Yeah his mechanics are trash but his normal trash mechanics is still like 60%. I’m sure he’s shooting hella free throws before and after these games. Man had serious fear in his eyes last night. He needs a psychologist.

Sixers could have had Kyle Lowry, instead they got George Hill and called it a day.

Now Croc Rondo runs the point and can’t hit a FT
I’ve said this as many times as Simmons missed FTs, Raptors wanted the mother load for Lowry. Wasn’t no one doing that

It's not just the fact that he doesn't have a jumper then can't hit free throws. He doesn't look to score at all. He does the Rondo thing where he can have a wide open layup but he'll whip it around so someone else can shoot a contested three 😂

It's fine to be unselfish when your offense is humming but in the second half of that game, their offense was completely stagnant and needed a spark and they're all-star PG didn't even look at the basket. He completely takes himself out of the game offensively.

It's like the other team knows that even if Ben Simmons is point blank, standing in front of the basket he will not shoot it.
I feel you.

I feel like paying him all that money enabled him...or...disabled him to some capacity.

He's a shooting nut job for sure.

09F48E06-3E6F-4F02-B3C2-830C76A82FB6.jpeg

I’ve said this as many times as Simmons missed FTs, Raptors wanted the mother load for Lowry. Wasn’t no one doing that
Honestly I don’t think it would have taken that much, maybe Maxey, a draft pick, and a few players y’all ended up waiving anyway.

20210616_222847.jpg

They literally hit every level of putrid

Idk what's worse 1/10 or 0/0
Not sure how much of this we can blame on Doc when this is what your star players are giving you. A combined 1-15 in 2 quarters is a tough hill to climb. Sixers fans, how do yall really feel about Simmons? that situation has to be addressed. Man gotta start attempting shots or ......I literally can't think of any other options. I know all contracts can be moved, but there isn't a team that he works on without being able to score some points.

Said PG would get 40 in a win yesterday; close enough. I know slander is what unites us, but the man is a perennial all star and has made a couple all nba teams (i think). The he finally showed up posts are crazy when he had 31 and 9 boards just last game.

Kobe slander 5 time champ, first ballot hall of famer, half the guys in the league looked up to him....."yall only get half a bar....."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom