OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch what happens when dame misses those long threes or doesnt get a call he's fishing for. The little things are what seperate good teams from great teams. He singlehandedly keeps games close even when his teammates have it going. He's not full on kyrie but at times it's like damn just run the offense your teammates are scoring.

He sent ****** home with buzzer beaters in the first round twice. That is INDEED “clutch” in the average persons mind.

Watching him and his team get swept…blowing 17 point 4th quarter leads (2019 WCF). Or getting Swept and outplayed outright (2018). Or blowing another 14 pt 4th quarter lead (2021). Isn’t memorable :lol:

And dude is flat out just likeable. He’s a true underdog story. His background and what he’s become is some remarkable ****. I was super high on dude coming into the draft, and I couldn’t have predicted he’d be a 30ppg guy that consistently has his team in the playoffs.

And lastly, he says the right thing and has constructed an image and brand of “loyalty”. Which is bull**** lol. KD actually was nearing this exact same fake image earlier in his career, then that Mr. Unreliable cover came out…he became ornery, started actually being himself and it went to dust.

Humble, loyal, small market etc etc. That was the BS they AND even KD tried to sell y’all. And that’s the exact same BS they selling with Dame :lol:.

Great dude tho.
I think his image and how he conveys himself sums it up perfectly. You can’t attack his character and his style of play isn’t necessarily a negative to the team .

He sent ****** home with buzzer beaters in the first round twice. That is INDEED “clutch” in the average persons mind.

Watching him and his team get swept…blowing 17 point 4th quarter leads (2019 WCF). Or getting Swept and outplayed outright (2018). Or blowing another 14 pt 4th quarter lead (2021). Isn’t memorable :lol:

And dude is flat out just likeable. He’s a true underdog story. His background and what he’s become is some remarkable ****. I was super high on dude coming into the draft, and I couldn’t have predicted he’d be a 30ppg guy that consistently has his team in the playoffs.

And lastly, he says the right thing and has constructed an image and brand of “loyalty”. Which is bull**** lol. KD actually was nearing this exact same fake image earlier in his career, then that Mr. Unreliable cover came out…he became ornery, started actually being himself and it went to dust.

Humble, loyal, small market etc etc. That was the BS they AND even KD tried to sell y’all. And that’s the exact same BS they selling with Dame :lol:.

Great dude tho.
All of this is true

You’re missing something.

The conversation I’m having isn’t about blame. It’s the fact that Dame is Teflon when it comes to actual criticism. And the general media largely forgets his playoff failures. Which happen in the later rounds. But he has the rep as a playoff clutch performer, who can lead teams far. And it isn’t really tr

They also are now pointing to his teammates as the reason for his losses. Those teammates have been solid or competent.

It’s stunning how Portland can win a playoff game…in which Dame has 10pts on 1/10 shooting and the supporting…SUPPORTS and they win. And the entire world is silent.

48 hours later, that same supporting cast who helped win…is told they choked away the series because they didn’t come up big when Dame did. It shouldn’t work like that. There is no acknowledgment of how good Portland has been. Just like in the casual fans mind…they have zero clue about CJ being pretty damn good in the playoffs.

Yea we just view this differently, i think Dame gets a good amount of criticism relative to his stature. The media clearly doesn't put him in that Bron, KD, Steph, Harden in terms of status so in comparison to those guys the criticism seems low.... but he doesn't get nearly the praise that those guys get either.

And your correct Dame's teams have been competent & solid.... and thus the Blazers have been a solid & competent squad for years, but there's no way your telling me any of his teams have been championship caliber & had enough to really compete in the West.

Dame's career is essentially Melo's all over again except Melo had the disservice of being tethered to Lebron his whole career.

image0-5.jpg

dam yall slandering dame and not bron??
cmon guys! the slander bus gps needs REDIRECTION
Happens everytime Brons comeup short and/or act like a *****.

Walking out 5 mimutea before the game ended and all the stands redirected to Brad ******* Stevens ...

LoL

But if he would of have won ... oh lord.

Dame doesn’t get slandered because a Dame-led Blazers team has never been good enough to win a title. They’ve always just done what everybody expects - be good enough to make it to the Playoffs and then get bounced in the first or second round.

Also, Dame while being a very good player, has also never been considered a top player with the likes of Lebron, KD, Giannis, etc. Because of that, the expectations of him are lower compared to the other guys.

I'm not seeing it; It's a good team, but severely flawed come playoff time regardless of Dame/Stotts.

Severely flawed is an overreach. **** does not have to be perfect to get it done.

They have a higher ceiling. Losing to the Michael Malone and Jokic plus injured supporting cast just ain’t it.

Jokic a DAWG tho. More attention should be paid to how he truly elevated this team. All year around. And especially this series.

I remember last year…after the bubble, the convo was “Jamal should be the #1”. And it’s solely because Murray somewhat looks the part and went crazy in the bubble (he’s been great in his short playoff career too tho).

But Playoff Jokic is a thing. Also hella impressed with MPJ. He cooled down like a bish. But for shorty to only have 80 something regular season games under his belt, and a handful of playoff games to his name…he showing why he was so highly regarded. Could be a special talent. Finally made 2 good passes :lol:

I think his image and how he conveys himself sums it up perfectly. You can’t attack his character and his style of play isn’t necessarily a negative to the team .

This is true. However, you juxtaposed this to Harden earlier. And Hardens style of play wasnt “negative to a team” either :lol:

It was in fact, historically positive to a team. But an eyesore for some fans.

But harden is aloof and wildly not self aware. Him and Paul George have the same brain.

It’s also funny how Paul George went from overrated (KD’s level) to underrated (internet slander etc). And I called it right here.

Everything gets revealed over time. You just gotta sit back and watch the chips, chip away at perception.

Crowder was 2/22 at one point this series & was getting laughed at by the entire team, only gun he held

abandonedacidiccornsnake-size-restricted_orig.gif

Did you see what he did to the Lakers after his slow start :lol:

First it’s no one can talk because no one has as many championships as the Lakers and now it’s Crowder can’t get the last laugh because he was shooting bricks in the beginning of the series. You stay in the past.

Severely flawed is an overreach. **** does not have to be perfect to get it done.
You’re just not winning with your best two guys being small guards. That’s a severe flaw, plus the third best guy is a big who can’t protect the rim or stretch the floor. The guys who they drafted like Simons and Collins are either hurt on not ready. This team is deeply flawed. Doesn’t mean that they can’t have success if things break right for them and/or they’re playing well.

Portland losing to a Denver team missing both of its backcourt starters is inexcusable. No matter how we try and slice it up.
Agree with this, but outside of Dame going nuts Denver pretty much looked like the better team all series. That says a lot. Coaching, roster, Dame, whatever.

Did you see what he did to the Lakers after his slow start :lol:

First it’s no one can talk because no one has as many championships as the Lakers and now it’s Crowder can’t get the last laugh because he was shooting bricks in the beginning of the series. You stay in the past.

No its JAE CROWDER shouldn't talk about anything in regards to a man who's made a living busting his *** in the playoffs for half a decade now. Crowder was life the 5th best Suns player this series

When your shooting 38/30 from I don't wanna here about you having the "gun" ***** barely had a pocket knife

Nets-Bucks Game 1 is tomorrow and the tickets are dirt cheap for such an amazing matchup. Almost feels like a crime to not go.

I guess comparatively they are cheap, but it would still cost 100+ in total to go sit basically on the ceiling of Barclays to watch the game. Unless I'm missing something? Once you sit up close, nosebleeds are tough to do again :lol:

No its JAE CROWDER shouldn't talk about anything in regards to a man who's made a living busting his *** in the playoffs for half a decade now. Crowder was life the 5th best Suns player this series

When your shooting 38/30 from I don't wanna here about you having the "gun" ***** barely had a pocket knife

Wouldn't this logic apply to you and your textbook length posts hating on Harden?

Magic is right low key. AD looked out of shape from the jump. I don’t think his frame, supports the type of weight he put on.

He also gotta stop that flopping/falling ****.

Embiid the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom