OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kawhi is basically automatic when he’s in his spot mid-range. He’s up there with the best of them.

Were you watching the games when BeIN Sports had the rights to Euro Basket during 2016-18?

I’d catch the games sometimes and I couldn’t believe what he was doing to grown men in 2nd best league in the world.

It’s literally the same thing he’s doing now.

Yup I caught a few of the games via illegal stream.

Itt was so hard to believe because high level European team's always hate on rookies and never play them.

Fran Francheilla compared him to Gordon Hayward and I thought that was pure "he's a white guy" insanity. :lol:

My comp was always Harden.

I had no idea Luka would be this.

His resume in Europe age be damned is still teflon.
He deserves to go into the basketball hall of fame off his Euro accomplishments alone.

I believe he's Euro League top 10 of the 2010s officially.

Yup I caught a few of the games via illegal stream.

Itt was so hard to believe because high level European team's always hate on rookies and never play them.

Fran Francheilla compared him to Gordon Hayward and I thought that was pure "he's a white guy" insanity. :lol:

My comp was always Harden.

My comp was James Harden too :lol: . When I hear “The New Larry Bird” it makes me roll my eyes because the only reason Bird comes up is because he’s White :lol:

Exactly rookies and young guys NEVER get burn in Europe. He was so good he broke the system. He literally carried a national team and a huge club to extraordinary heights while winning every single individual awards - at 16-18.

We may never see that again - but if we do. I GUARANTEE NBA GM’s will choose that player 1st this time :lol:

Feel neither LA team will rep the West....

1622699958181.gif

I had no idea Luka would be this.

His resume in Europe age be damned is still teflon.

You tried to get at me the other day when I said I was shellshocked Luka didn’t go 1st :lol:

Which I don’t blame you for. That “European” label and “not-athletic” label really holds weight here.

But pleaseeeeeee believe me when I say some of us knew. I’m still in shock the Mavs got Luka. :lol:

Uuuuuhm the Warriors ran a switching system.

Unless I'm remembering wrong, Klay only did that when it Curry man as the screener

And even then you could get Curry on the switch...see LeBron in 2016.
Off the top of my head when they played Houston, they would have their big (offense) screen for Harden, the big (defense) would hedge or show and go long enough for Klay to get back. It completely disrupted what had been so successful for Houston against other teams. VanGundy, Mark Jackson, Doris Burke and Hubie would always mention how he was the last of a dying breed when it came to making the effort instead of just accepting the screen.

Last edited:
My only question about Luka was could he beat switches against NBA bigs, if he could he's an instant superstar.

And then he started doing stuff like this. :lol:

Vlade let his own self hatred make him take Marvin Bagley. :lol:

Now this may be just me Gossiping but I don’t think Vlade took Luka because he hates Slovenians. The Baltic Wars were no joke in the 90’s.

I’m into geopolitics and from what I learned about that specific area - that hatred runs deeeep. Especially with old guys like Vlade.

Aint no way in hell Kyrie is better than Klaw or AD.
Basketball is a 2 way sport. Dame over Klaw/Ad is crazy to me too.

AD ain’t in the convo based on lack of availability alone :lol:

I’d be willing to swap Kyrie for Kawhi.His defense ain’t what it used to be though. This definitely ain’t the Spurs Kawhi that had Bron pissed off every time he came back in the game.

AD ain’t in the convo based on lack of availability alone :lol:

I’d be willing to swap Kyrie for Kawhi.His defense ain’t what it used to be though. This definitely ain’t the Spurs Kawhi that had Bron pissed off every time he came back in the game.

I think it's hilarious that you're forgetting that Kyrie also has a very checkered injury history. Kyrie has missed a higher % if his career games than AD 😂

Kyrie couldn't finish the 2015, 2018 or 2019 playoffs. He's had one 75 game season and other than that has missed a minimum of 10 games. Let's not rewrite history here, Kyrie is no ironman.

Screenshot_20210603-013047_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Now this may be just me Gossiping but I don’t think Vlade took Luka because he hates Slovenians. The Baltic Wars were no joke in the 90’s.

I’m into geopolitics and from what I learned about that specific area - that hatred runs deeeep. Especially with old guys like Vlade.

Them countries were legit committing genocide vs each other like 30 years ago.

That **** is serious and I ain't even mad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom