OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really USC should still get the Pac12 New Years 6 game(I know they won’t)
I just want USC to play a team that will absoluteLy run the score on them. I need Clay Helton to look at bad as possible. His dumb *** has USC playing with one hand behind their back each game. I mean how many times did USC hand that win to Oregon tonight?

*closes twitter app*

75DC.gif

Lol at Larry Scott smiling and congratulating "all the teams in the Pac 12" like he didn't just screw them out of any shot at the playoff.

Dude must have gotten chewed out by someone because yesterday he was arguing for USC in the playoff while forcing them to play their 3rd game in 2 weeks against a team coming off a bye :lol:

dacomeup dacomeup When you asked if it was my narrative, national writers are speaking up about it now.

They literally changed their rules THIS week to force SC to play Oregon on short notice. Scott did it for the Fox tv money.

Really USC should still get the Pac12 New Years 6 game(I know they won’t)
I just want USC to play a team that will absoluteLy run the score on them. I need Clay Helton to look at bad as possible. His dumb *** has USC playing with one hand behind their back each game. I mean how many times did USC hand that win to Oregon tonight?
They're not firing him regardless. Might as well hope they go undefeated again next year because a blow out wont get you any of what you want.

Bobby Layne Bobby Layne It's been a year with this avy I think? :lol:

dacomeup dacomeup When you asked if it was my narrative, national writers are speaking up about it now.

They literally changed their rules THIS week to force SC to play Oregon on short notice. Scott did it for the Fox tv money.

Wasn’t this the worry about the first ever SEC championship game? That Florida would beat Alabama and cost the SEC a spot in the natty? Not the CFP but 27 years later that fear comes to fruition out west. Bravo, Larry Scott :rolleyes

Wasn’t this the worry about the first ever SEC championship game? That Florida would beat Alabama and cost the SEC a spot in the natty? Not the CFP but 27 years later that fear comes to fruition out west. Bravo, Larry Scott :rolleyes

Yup. And Scott thinks it's a good team because it = more bowl eligible teams.

“There’s a perception that scheduling to make the playoff is the first priority for our schools. An example I like to use that demonstrates that there’s a broader mix of priorities think about in scheduling would be Stanford and USC. They’re not obligated at all to play Notre Dame – it’s a tradition and they respect it, but if their only goal was to position themself for the playoff they would not schedule Notre Dame. USC has played Texas home-and-home recently, in years where they played Notre Dame in non-conference games. So I think it’s pretty apparent our schools do not singularly focus on how do we skate through as easily as possible.” -- Larry Scott

“There’s a perception that scheduling to make the playoff is the first priority for our schools. An example I like to use that demonstrates that there’s a broader mix of priorities think about in scheduling would be Stanford and USC. They’re not obligated at all to play Notre Dame – it’s a tradition and they respect it, but if their only goal was to position themself for the playoff they would not schedule Notre Dame. USC has played Texas home-and-home recently, in years where they played Notre Dame in non-conference games. So I think it’s pretty apparent our schools do not singularly focus on how do we skate through as easily as possible.” -- Larry Scott

Tf? SC CHOOSES to play ND every year. They didn’t choose to play in the PAC-12 CG, Scott chose for them.

I'm just seeing a bunch of excuses to be honest. Everything goes for this year. What should Larry Scott do? Just advance USC and get blown out at the next game?

They know enough of Oregon to know how to prepare on short notice. I dont want to make any excuses. They had 1 job to do. They failed. Move on. This team wasn't good. Larry Scott is a dip **** but this one isn't on him. Being inconvenienced, having an unfair disadvantage, whatever you want to call it, is just part of the 2020 season. We're lucky to just get 6 games in. This season wasn't about fielding the best teams to see who is the national champ. This was all about just getting some games for as long as possible.

I hope USC pulls out of a bowl game. Its enough.

Tf? SC CHOOSES to play ND every year. They didn’t choose to play in the PAC-12 CG, Scott chose for them.
That's a quote from last season about how every year the pac 12 has eliminated its playoff contenders through bad scheduling. He was trying to argue the teams prefer the ****** schedules.

I'm just seeing a bunch of excuses to be honest. Everything goes for this year. What should Larry Scott do? Just advance USC and get blown out at the next game?

They know enough of Oregon to know how to prepare on short notice. I dont want to make any excuses. They had 1 job to do. They failed. Move on. This team wasn't good. Larry Scott is a dip **** but this one isn't on him. Being inconvenienced, having an unfair disadvantage, whatever you want to call it, is just part of the 2020 season. We're lucky to just get 6 games in. This season wasn't about fielding the best teams to see who is the national champ. This was all about just getting some games for as long as possible.

I hope USC pulls out of a bowl game. Its enough.
Ehhh... Oregon has a completely different offense this year so it's not really a "know enough of Oregon to prepare" situation. You don't just roll out of bed against a scheme you've never faced.

Even with covid, you control what you can control. Move the game to Saturday at the very least. Instead they changed the rules to force their top ranked team play 3 games in 12 days ( on Dec 6, Dec 12, Dec 18.) Has any team in college or the NFL ever done that before? :lol:

Larry Scott wasn't out there coaching but he stacked the deck. Every team in the conference misses out on the playoff payout now. He's 100% to blame.

And don't get me wrong, Pac 12 championship is USC's ceiling with Helton, and I had no delusions about them making let alone winning the playoff this year. I'm just fed up with how this conference is run and how they **** up the obvious things casper90403 casper90403 tupac003 tupac003

Larry is always to blame - no matter what happens

What’s his contract look like nako xl nako xl

He's gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom