OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Big 10 champ has to go undefeated to make the playoffs right?
Do you think the playoff committee would pick a 8-1 Big 10 champ over (for example) a 10-1 or 9-2 SEC runner-up? Obviously if a team like Ohio State dominates their schedule and goes undefeated, they'll make the playoffs but I think that's the only path.

I feel like playing two fewer games gives the committee two fewer data points and essentially gives the Big 10 no room for error if they want a team in the playoff this season.

2 fewer games hurts but does playing the Citadel and the men’s YMCA really give those other teams that much of a better measuring point?

The Big 10 champ has to go undefeated to make the playoffs right?
Do you think the playoff committee would pick a 8-1 Big 10 champ over (for example) a 10-1 or 9-2 SEC runner-up?
SEC hasn’t even played a game yet, how can we even say? Can’t make blanket statements about what should happen without seeing the teams/games.

2 fewer games hurts but does playing the Citadel and the men’s YMCA really give those other teams that much of a better measuring point?
SEC brainwash is next level. He’s already planning for UGA to lose but they’ll somehow be deserving of a playoff spot just because other conferences played less games :lol:

Let’s see the “don’t pay the players” crowd rationalize their predictable disagreement with this:

Details about Stanford’s communication with both the league and its own players suggest that the Cardinal does have concerns about its athletes’ health in playing a football season, but perhaps the main tenet of Stanford’s objection is the matter of amateurism. The argument is that football players, as student-athletes, should not receive preferential treatment over other students – and in this case, very simply, be allowed on campus to participate in a university activity when other students are not.

Among the other issues: Utah wanting to start its season earlier than the proposed schedule and perhaps looking for an alternate plan to do that; USC also considering season plans outside of the Pac-12; and Cal and UCLA lukewarmly agreeing with Stanford since the two UC schools see themselves as similarly high-minded and Ivy League-adjacent.

Anthony Hines opts out at A&M...

Rumor is there's probably one more opt-out coming this week.

Welp it's official. Deion Sanders has signed them papers to be the next Head Coach of Thee Jackson State Tigers football program. This is a nice look for not only them but the SWAC as a whole. Can't wait for my Delta Devils to whip that *** when the season starts though. Prime Time won't save them from this Green White and Red.

Perhaps Bryce Young maybe should have stayed committed to USC? :lol:

nah, he made the right decision. He'll play a ton against Missouri. They dont need to make any concrete decision for a couple of weeks. But Bryce is willing to sit this year if he needs to. He'll play plenty.

Don't think they'll announce it. You still holding out hope?
Hope for what? He’s not my QB anymore.

SC guy on JT losing the battle: “Yeah in his defense he's not cleared yet. Smart seemed confident that he would be. I think he'll get a shot this season.” Also noted Kirby hasn’t named D’Wan the starter yet. Basically said JT hasn’t been cleared, it’s taking longer than everyone expected and because of that they haven’t really gotten a chance to honestly evaluate JT.

The anti-JT SC fans are schadenfreuding.

SC guy on JT losing the battle: “Yeah in his defense he's not cleared yet. Smart seemed confident that he would be. I think he'll get a shot this season.” Also noted Kirby hasn’t named D’Wan the starter yet. Basically said JT hasn’t been cleared, it’s taking longer than everyone expected and because of that they haven’t really gotten a chance to honestly evaluate JT.

Repped for "schadenfreuding."

For his Heisman run. I got the texts.

I think him not being named yet is just gamesmanship. It’s obvious that he’s the starting QB. Wouldn’t Mathis have to play bad for JT to get a shot? How is he going to get a shot in-season otherwise? You were also telling me that JT was going to be magically cleared by week 1 🤔. I think UGA 1H U is my play this week.

For his Heisman run. I got the texts.

I think him not being named yet is just gamesmanship. It’s obvious that he’s the starting QB. Wouldn’t Mathis have to play bad for JT to get a shot? How is he going to get a shot in-season otherwise? You were also telling me that JT was going to be magically cleared by week 1 🤔. I think UGA 1H U is my play this week.
Im questioning if there was a true competition if one guy isn’t allowed to fully participate. I just saw comments about the UGA scrimmage and how “in the most important part of the scrimmage” they had Mathis and then the 3rd stringer out there.

In re: being cleared, it’s my understanding that JTs doctors told him he can go but UGAs will not. That’s why you saw reports saying he was cleared and then a quick “not so fast” report countering that. He has said since January that he’s ahead of schedule and would be ready for fall camp. Kirby clearly doesn’t feel the same way.

Growing up Prime was my favorite football player so I truly wish him all the best. One thing is for sure he knows how to 'win' a press conference, which he had that thing rocking like a Sunday morning church service. I believe that all of that charisma and knowledge will also carry over to recruits living rooms as well. We will all await the results on the field.

Deion is hiring all his homeboys as coaches. We'll see if it works but I'm glad to see black coaches get an opportunity

Zero in between. This is either going to be a grand success or a complete dumpster fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom