OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massively.

Texas requires some crazy ****, too, for sports eligibility though.

So much insane documentation required if your previous coaches protest your transfer/eligibility.
Idk man...

All this dude needed was a fake mailbox in an abandoned field

1600905050865.png

Is Miss State gonna challenge LSU at all this week? I need an upset for reruiting purposes. Korey Foreman heading back out there.

Few things on the Pac 12 vote today (me summarizing stuff being reported and rumored):

California never actually allowed more than 6-12 people to practice. Reps from govt said that they believed smaller groups would be safer (which obviously makes no sense considering how football is played) but Jon Wilner is reporting that this afternoon they've moved on that and now larger groups can practice again.

As of today the state of Colorado is not allowing college age people to gather. Without an exception that means no football practice for CU.

Stanford still does not want to play because they (let's be honest here, logically) don't want to treat athletes differently than the rest of the student body. They're concerned it's essentially defeating the purpose of amateurism, overvaluing sports, and running a pseudo-professional league. There's talks about them actually considering an ivy league turn in trying to operate similarly.

Pac is trying to force through a season that will start who knows when but end with CCG on 12/19. With the issues at the above listed schools it's possible the school presidents vote against starting back up this fall.

Good luck being the only conference that doesn't get a season in.

Might as well give yourselves the death penalty.

Wonder what that’s gonna look like. No way they’re done in time to compete for playoff spots.

That's 7 weeks with no cancelations/postponements they'll be flexible with letting them into the playoff, especially since the Big 10 is only playing 8.

Last edited:
Pac12 should be excluded from playoffs. how you gonna play 7 games while others are playing 10?

Its the price they pay for starting late. Accept it.

Wonder what that’s gonna look like. No way they’re done in time to compete for playoff spots.
Can still get New Years 6 for the payout. That’s the goal. I don’t think they care about CFP. Can still get the AP title though, which would incense the SEC again.

Pac12 should be excluded from playoffs. how you gonna play 7 games while others are playing 10?

Its the price they pay for starting late. Accept it.
This is the same point that I brought up last week and dacomeup dacomeup tried to call me a Georgia homer🤣. I think a lot of it is going to come down to the eye test. If a team like Oregon is a 8-0 Pac-12 champ and looks dominant along the way, I could see them getting in over a 10-1 ND team. It comes down to whether the committee is counting wins or counting losses. You can say "Oregon is an undefeated conference champ, they should get in" but it's tough to compare them to teams that played a full four more games than they did.

Why is the Pac12 starting Nov. 6? I feel like they can get started by Halloween or even sooner. :smh:
Because 18-22 year olds in Colorado aren’t allowed to congregate, SC and UCLA weren’t allowed to pass a football, work out in groups of larger than 6 at a time or lift indoors, and all the schools on quarters (Oregon, Oregon State, Wazzu and presumably Washington) sent all their kids home. They haven’t been lifting or practicing together and kids are just getting back this past week. As is those schools need time to get up to speed, but if this 2 week ban on CU holds they’d be trying to start up a season after 2-3 weeks of practice together and without having been together prior, on top of having a new staff. And Stanford just doesn’t want to play.

The Big Ten is different because a lot of those schools have been together and practicing this entire time. Of course some of them want to start ASAP, they already got a longer fall camp than they would have normally had :lol:

atlsfinest atlsfinest bruh, you started off asking about a 1 loss SEC team getting in over an undefeated B1G team. Stop it. The B1G has had a rep in the CFP every year and is playing 8 games, while the PAC 12 obviously isn’t. You’re definitely worried about getting your cheeks clapped by Bama and are thinking about whether you can still make it. Better worry about UF too with your shaky QB situation anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom