OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y’all keep talking about Sark slipping up and reverting. Who said he ever changed?

So he’s not buying out bars on Tuesdays, doing rails, or smashing students in the football offices anymore? There’s a lot of space between that and having his **** together.

I agree but he also had Saban which probably kept him in check from doing what he did at Washington. He won't have that shadow holding him somewhat accountable.

Y’all keep talking about Sark slipping up and reverting. Who said he ever changed?

So he’s not buying out bars on Tuesdays, doing rails, or smashing students in the football offices anymore? There’s a lot of space between that and having his **** together.

He was showing up to practice drunk at SC wasn't he? After it gets to that point, the whole "he's a manageable alcoholic" goes out the window.

If he's still drinking, this is going to be a disaster.

Nah, I’d absolutely rather take this job. It’s not particularly close IMO.

I think he ends up on the rinse and repeat cycle like his predecessors. UT politics and a drinking problem don’t seem like an ideal situation, but hopefully he proves me wrong. Just see a similar story 3 years down the line for him, too.

Sure, it has the name attached to it, but they’ve underachieved for decades, less the Mack years. Just don’t see this ending very well for Sark. But again, hopefully for his sake, I’m 100% wrong.

I think he ends up on the rinse and repeat cycle like his predecessors. UT politics and a drinking problem don’t seem like an ideal situation, but hopefully he proves me wrong. Just see a similar story 3 years down the line for him, too.

Sure, it has the name attached to it, but they’ve underachieved for decades, less the Mack years. Just don’t see this ending very well for Sark. But again, hopefully for his sake, I’m 100% wrong.
Whether he succeeds or not, you take the Texas job when it comes open. The guy has coached at UW and USC as a HC. What job should he have taken instead? He’ll be a top OC if he gets fired again and can cash in on that again. I’m sure Sark isn’t seeing this in the same light as you, and coaches generally aren’t taking these jobs thinking that they’re going to fail :lol:

Whether he succeeds or not, you take the Texas job when it comes open. The guy has coached at UW and USC as a HC. What job should he have taken instead? He’ll be a top OC if he gets fired again and can cash in on that again. I’m sure Sark isn’t seeing this in the same light as you, and coaches generally aren’t taking these jobs thinking that they’re going to fail :lol:

I thought the same thing with Charlie and Tom but that Texas Job doesn't seem like it's a great job.

I thought the same thing with Charlie and Tom but that Texas Job doesn't seem like it's a great job.
I think the behind the scenes **** with the boosters definitely tarnishes it but it’s not a job that a guy like Sark can really turn down. If he’s turning down Texas, what job does he take? He turned down South Carolina and Auburn both in the last month.

The problem isn’t that they go into a job knowing they’re going to fail, there are good reasons why HCs haven’t succeeded at UT. Just seems like a recipe for disaster for Sark IMO.

I thought there was talk about him taking over for Saban when he leaves? At least he has an idea of what he’s dealing with at Alabama. Taking over for a legend is no walk in the park though either.

But agree on your point on being an in demand OC even if this experiment fails.

I think the behind the scenes **** with the boosters definitely tarnishes it but it’s not a job that a guy like Sark can really turn down. If he’s turning down Texas, what job does he take? He turned down South Carolina and Auburn both in the last month.

Potential HCW at Alabama while making 3.5 million (probably goes up to 4.5) or an NFL coaching job (these racist owners would give him a shot). He has a great thing going at Alabama. When they lose, Saban gets the blame. When they win and the offense gets the credit, he gets the credit. The big elephant in the room for me is that in Mack's final years at Texas he essentially stopped recruiting and left Texas in a vulnerable position that they've yet to recover. Sark will get two years tops to turn things around. For the boosters turning things around means beating OU and getting to the playoffs.

I guess one question had been indirectly answered if Sark was supposed to the be there heir apparent.

Nick Satan ain't retiring anytime in the next few years it seems lol

anytime he's enjoying the nightlife, it will get reported by someone. Gotta think he's smarter than that.

You’d think Hugh Freeze would have gotten a burner phone for hookers, too. It happens lol

Sark in Austin, be safe.
Boy with all the stories out there about Herman’s partying and banging Kendra Scott and all his other **** while he’s been there....

wooooo Sark after Dark better have his handlers on call like Sumlin did towards the end at A&M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom