OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I see MVP MVP in the cut, I guess I’d have to say, “throw less picks on the season than National champion, SEC champion, Heisman winner Kyle Trask did in the first quarter against Oklahoma?”

fetchimage

DAAAAAAAAAAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Happy for him. Hope all of his demons are gone because this is going to be even more stressful than USC job
This x 1000. It could be real easy to slip up and revert back to your old ways with the pressure and unrealistic expectations that come with the UT job.

I would too. But I;m the type that doesn't want to be the head dog. I'd rather by kCP and not Lebron, for example.

Too much BS with Boosters etc. Need a stint in DC to just to learn how to navigate all the politics. Not for this guy. Need a dude like Saban or Meyer, proven winners to tell the big money dudes to take a seat and shut up, I’m the captain of this ship now.

tenor.gif

Thought Herman had them going in the right direction, but guess wasn't fast enough or they didn't think he could get them over the hump.
It wasn’t fast enough and the flirting with Urban kind of backed them into a corner.

Both sides were ready to move on.
Texas could’ve done a lot better.
We here this every time they hire. And every time it ends with Charlie Strong, Tom Herman and now Sark.

That job has a lot of toxicity to it that doesn’t get talked about.

Like with who?

Matt Campbell, Fickell, Patterson, ****s.

Let’s address the elephant in the room too, do we really know if Sark’s demons are behind him? Texas is a whole different level stress that he didn’t even experience at SC. He deserved another chance, but that second chance should have been at a place like Arizona.

Didn’t Sark just re-up with Bama for 3.5? Texas must have came with a bag.

The expectations at Texas are on an unrealistic level like Auburn. I guess 3.5 million and being an OC with Saban to deflect things for him wasn’t good enough.

I just don't think Texas is the job the boosters think it is. They have the resources but the pressure to turn things around now is intense. They went through two different coaches with vastly different focuses (one defense and the other offense) and things didn't get better for their liking. Even when they had Brown as their coach they only really had the Vince Young and Colt McCoy years. With all that talent their defense still is average at best and won't get it done. Sark is a great offensive coach but is he that much better than Herman? He will need to recruit way better than he did at Washington and get some studs on defense. I'm rooting for him but the Texas boosters aren't good for one's sobriety.

Reactions: MVP
I would have given Herman another year, probably 2. But hey, I don’t cut the checks or make the calls, so whatever.

I just don't think Texas is the job the boosters think it is. They have the resources but the pressure to turn things around now is intense. They went through two different coaches with vastly different focuses (one defense and the other offense) and things didn't get better for their liking. Even when they had Brown as their coach they only really had the Vince Young and Colt McCoy years. With all that talent their defense still is average at best and won't get it done. Sark is a great offensive coach but is he that much better than Herman? He will need to recruit way better than he did at Washington and get some studs on defense. I'm rooting for him but the Texas boosters aren't good for one's sobriety.
recruiting is going to be possibly the easiest part for him. Hes never had an issue in that area

For all the hype that job gets, they’ve been great for about 4 of the last 50 years.

You take Vince Young and Colt off of Texas and we aren't talking about them. For all the talent in Texas their defense is trash 🗑

Y’all keep talking about Sark slipping up and reverting. Who said he ever changed?

So he’s not buying out bars on Tuesdays, doing rails, or smashing students in the football offices anymore? There’s a lot of space between that and having his **** together.

recruiting is going to be possibly the easiest part for him. Hes never had an issue in that area

When coaches start calling him a drunk and an alcoholic to parents it might not be as easy but I agree with you. Recruiting will be the least of his problems. Staying sober is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom