OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
so Graham Harrell to LSU nako xl nako xl

:rofl:
Naw I think it’s bs. A connected LSU poster said he interviewed. But their insiders said no one has interviewed yet.

Graham makes $1.5M and LSU after paying Pelini’s buyout has about $3M left to hire 2 coordinators and 4 or 5 position coaches. They can’t afford him.

Graham has also shown a penchant for meeting and hearing pitches about jobs even if he has no intention of leaving. He’s got a young family and didn’t take the Texas job because he didn’t want to destabilize them. I find it hard to believe he’d move them to Baton Rouge for a notoriously ****** boss in Orgeron sitting on a scorching hot seat.

Shining example #1 of why the G5 needs their own playoff.

How much fun would this **** be to watch if it actually meant something?

RIP coastal Carolina. Smh to Liberty.

Shining example #1 of why the G5 needs their own playoff.

How much fun would this **** be to watch if it actually meant something?

but then they shouldn’t be considered FBS.

If you have no intention of scoring a touchdown, don't hand it off to the running back. Just take a knee with the QB and kick your fg. Freeze absolutely outsmarting himself.

Tua got benched again. Maybe He was a product of the elite receivers around him. Or maybe he just needs more time to develop, the NFL is quicker to on from young QBs than ever.

If someone would have told me that Jalen Hurts (yeah, it's early. I know) would have more success as an NFL starter than Tua, I would have said that were crazy. This is why evaluating NFL QBs is so hard. It's hard to find the trends. It's not like QBs from certain systems or certain schools are more successful than others.

For a while, people thought that playing in pro style offenses in college helped QBs but if you look at the last the last couple of drafts, that logic doesn't hold. There are successful QBs from every system, air raid, pro style, etc. No one conference or school does a better job than any other (with the exception of maybe Oklahoma because they have three starting QBs in the NFL). It really comes down to the individual.

Tua got benched again. Maybe He was a product of the elite receivers around him. Or maybe he just needs more time to develop, the NFL is quicker to on from young QBs than ever.

If someone would have told me that Jalen Hurts (yeah, it's early. I know) would have more success as an NFL starter than Tua, I would have said that were crazy. This is why evaluating NFL QBs is so hard. It's hard to find the trends. It's not like QBs from certain systems or certain schools are more successful than others.

For a while, people thought that playing in pro style offenses in college helped QBs but if you look at the last the last couple of drafts, that logic doesn't hold. There are successful QBs from every system, air raid, pro style, etc. No one conference or school does a better job than any other (with the exception of maybe Oklahoma because they have three starting QBs in the NFL). It really comes down to the individual.

where they get drafted to also matters and focusing on the guy’s strengths and weaknesses and working on things that could be cleaned up

like I don’t think mahomes is this mahomes without andy Reid, who I think is the greatest QB coach of all time

not saying dude wouldn’t be very good.. but if he ended up with a bad franchise maybe he’s gambling more and making dumb throws because he thinks he can get away with it or they aren’t bringing in WRs that fit with what he does.. or he could just end up with bad coaches

Tua will be fine, that benching was more about coaching/management trying to save their playoff hopes by going back to a vet...He’ll start again once next season starts n continue his development, he’s not ready for the “win now” mode they currently in

Imagine being big ol’ Texas and being told no just to see that guy go coach the ******* Jacksonville Jaguars :lol:

If he’s gonna take an NFL gig, it might as well be the one staring Trevor Lawrence in the face.

That’s generally the problem all these college coaches face when they make the jump.

Imagine being big ol’ Texas and being told no just to see that guy go coach the ****ing Jacksonville Jaguars :lol:
Heading to check orangebloods and the flagship now just to schadenfreude

EDIT

Nvm :lol:

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 3.01.03 PM.png

Looks like Brevin, Bubba, and Mike Harley are also likely coming back. Wouldn’t mind Cam Harris bouncing as I think Miami would get involved with some familiar names on the transfer market if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom