OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
The playoff is gonna be lame. This would've been a great year to tryout an 8-teamer or something. Missed opportunity, which doesn't surprise me.

What?

We can't find 2 teams good enough to compete against bama and Clemson and you want to expand it.

Naw. I'm good.

Najee is slow as eff bro. There's a reason he came back.

He's not a burner but he does everything else well. Game breaking speed is pretty low on the list of skills NFL running backs need. Najee has great vision and short area quickness, He can run excellent routes, has good hands and it never fumbles. He's also great in pass protection. He really is a complete back.

What?

We can't find 2 teams good enough to compete against bama and Clemson and you want to expand it.

Naw. I'm good.

That's exactly what I'm saying. Your alternative is pretty much the AP 1 vs 2 like the good 'ol days? What kind of extra time you got on your hands right now where an expanded bracket is cumbersome? :lol:

Bowl games have already been canceled and other teams pulling out, 4 win teams probably getting spots....Clemson has an L and Florida was right there against Bama, so they definitely aren't invincible. Might as well put in some matchups you don't usually get to see and put to bed a group of 5 involvement if Cincy gets rolled. Perfect time to conjure up more excitement.

Had Florida handled things like they should have, this would've been our only loss and we sneak in as the 4th team.
Just curious, what was the mismanagement against A&M? That interception leading to our game winning FG seemed like a fluke and not something Florida should have “handled better” as you say.

And no way in hell should a “pretty loss” against Bama have gotten Florida in over TAMU if they won last week.

Just curious, what was the mismanagement against A&M? That interception leading to our game winning FG seemed like a fluke and not something Florida should have “handled better” as you say.

It was a fumble but yea. Simple as holding onto the ball.

And no way in hell should a “pretty loss” against Bama have gotten Florida in over TAMU if they won last week.

Y'all said nobody was close to Bama and we were supposed to get washed. If our only other loss was A&M we would have gotten in over A&M.

Can we all agree at this point the playoff as structured is bad for college football?

I disagree. I think the 4 playoff is perfect number (and my team has been the first team left out for the last two seasons). As has already been mentioned, it's hard to find four playoff worthy teams, what's the point in expanding? It's great in that I enjoy watching football but having an eight team playoff doesn't help us find a champion.

The issue college football faces now is that fans and players are coming to a realization that has always been true: every non playoff bowl game is a glorified exhibition. That's why we're having players and teams opt out altogether.

Y'all said nobody was close to Bama and we were supposed to get washed. If our only other loss was A&M we would have gotten in over A&M.

Nah man. You're trying to use the same logic UGA fans did in 2018 when we barely lost the SEC title game. Even if you guys would have beaten LSU, you guys still wouldn't have gotten in after losing the conference title game. It's all good, y'all had a great season. Enjoy the Botton Bowl or whatever

I don’t even know if expanding it is the answer.

Ive never loved the way it’s been set up. Maybe it’s exacerbated this year by the insane lack of context around non-conference games.

If ya'll had a choice would you rather go back BCS 1 v. 2

Keep as is 4 team/committee

Expand in any capacity

I would keep it as is. The BCS was a mess and I didn't like the idea of completely taking the human component out of it and relying solely on a calculation.

Four is the perfect number because it allows for enough teams to make things interesting but doesn't diminish the importance of the regular season. My fear is that college football will become college basketball where regular season games aren't that important because teams will be allowed to lose two or three games and still make the playoffs. Look at LSUU versus Alabama last season, the stakes were so high because we knew the loser wouldn't make the playoffs.

I don’t even know if expanding it is the answer.

Ive never loved the way it’s been set up. Maybe it’s exacerbated this year by the insane lack of context around non-conference games.

In my opinion this entire season has a huge asterisk by it regardless but this year is particularly tough for the committee. Some teams played six games and others played 11. Plus we have to go non-conference games to gauge competition and provide context. I think most years the committee gets it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom