OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimbo's 100% poking around the Zach Evans thing again. :lol:

Replace Spiller with Evans and split carries between Zach and Achane.

Zach Calzada is into the transfer portal.
Texas A&M might have to start a walk-on in their bowl game. Crazy. We're living in an era where Power 5 starting quarterbacks are just leaving their teams lol
This might be enough to get texas over the 7-5 bump to 8-4

I'm willing to bet any amount of money that this is not Quinn's final stop and he will transfer at some point in the next 3-4 years.

Last year? Those grades aren’t out yet from the advisory board, and the board doesn’t give out grades lower than two anymore. It’s one, two, or go back to school.
#FakeNewsNako
*Shrug*

Weeks ago board insiders said Slovis was gone either way as he'd already gotten a draft grade and was checking it for a 2nd time before he made a decision. That he missed the 2nd round initially and if that's the case again then he was likely transferring wherever Harrell goes. They also had a current NFL scout write up that Kedon was being looked at 2nd or 3rd round.

I also honestly didn't remember grades were just 1st or 2nd round or nothing. Took it all to mean he'd gotten the 3rd that the scout said.

Screen Shot 2021-12-13 at 2.16.53 PM.png

Last edited:
Third round grade for a guy that has consistently gotten worse year over year.

Come on man. :lol:
There've been a bunch of write ups about him. PFF and 247 both did some recently in draft predictions. He's not Jake Fromm:
  • PFF says Slovis’ passing grade on deep throws (20 yards or more) is a stellar 92, which is better than at any other point of the field for him.
  • Receivers are dropping 7.7% of Slovis’ catchable passes this season; his career average had never been above 5.9. That’s obviously on the pass-catchers.
  • Slovis has had less time to throw on dropbacks (2.69 seconds) than he’s ever had.
  • Slovis’ percentage of “big-time throws” — PFF says that’s a pass with excellent location and timing, further down the field and into a tight window — is higher than it’s ever been.
Those stats line up with what I’m seeing when I watch him. Slovis still sits in the pocket and takes every hit when he can’t trust his protection. He makes the right throw, and will take the risks if he has the right playmakers. He understands what his personnel can and cannot do and tries to give them the best opportunity to make a play. He has great feet, keeps his cleats in the ground and his eyes up. On top of that he throws a very catchable football.

I think he could be the Kirk Cousins of this draft, a low-risk, high-reward quarterback.

That’s a lot of QB transfers/in the portal

Dillon Gabriel
Cameron Ward
Spencer Rattler
Harrison Bailey
Adrian Martinez
Myles Brennan
Max Johnson
Chubba Purdy
Michael Penix, Jr.
Bo Nix
Kedon Slovis