OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Let's go!!!

1639357850668.gif

The type of bags that’ll be taken on these recruiting trips

Didn’t even take that long for me to now hate lsu…

uga really my last hope in that conference, I’m f’d

I hate the blue blood term because there are schools that shouldn’t be considered “blue bloods” anymore but yeah, Oregon is not one :lol:

I hate the blue blood term because there are schools that shouldn’t be considered “blue bloods” anymore but yeah, Oregon is not one :lol:
The funniest thing about this topic is Oregon's all time players like Joey Harrington and Marcus Mariota are the ones telling their fans that they're not blue bloods :lol:

The alums are mad that the admins didn't automatically hire Wilcox and for some reason Wilcox withdrew his name from the running after they eventually offered him. They're basically telling recruits that Lanning was their 3rd choice after Oregon mods and media have been doing the "he was our guy the whole time!" spin. Matt Prehm the 247 guy swore he spoke to alums like Mariota and they were ecstatic about the hire, then two days later Mariota posts a public letter ripping it:

The letter never mentioned Wilcox by name, but two players who signed it confirmed that he was the candidate they wrote about.

“This letter is not an attempt to harp on the loss of the coaching tradition and he connection it brought between generations of players and families both in Eugene and the larger Oregon Duck community. That ship has sailed,” the letter said. “But rather, this letter is to suggest that after two attempts to find a coach outside the ‘Oregon Box’ we believe it may be time again to look within the Oregon family.”

Wilcox played his college ball at Oregon. He attended Junction City High. He hasn’t publicly talked about why he turned down the job.

:lol:

Oregon is definitely not a blue blood or a “brand”. Tbh, the only brand in the PAC 12 is USC. Some conferences have multiple “brands” like Michigan/Ohio State in the Big Ten and Texas/Oklahoma in the Big 12 obviously..there’s really only one brand in the PAC 12. Kids don’t grow up or go to HS saying they want to play for Oregon one day.

I remember reading an article about this in the Athletic.

There was a period in the early 2010s where I’d disagree, but USC was also down and Oregon was at its peak.
the sanctions years. The thing with even that though, is Oregon was almost exclusively recruiting California and Texas back then (and even now.) Kids from California and Texas primarily grow up with their parents pounding into them that the dream is USC or UT.

All the "Reggie Bush/Colt McCoy is my favorite player" kids

All Oregon’s dumba*s Jersey gimmicks and they’re still the same ole Oregon with recruiting

And that window is about to close at a rapid rate if Lincoln works out at USC

There are definitely kids that grow up wanting to go to Oregon, based off what they’ve seen on TV

Then comes the realization of having to travel way out there & everything associated with that & then things start falling apart

The weather definitely takes him getting used to. I lived in the Pacific Northwest, in Washington, and it can be hard especially for kids from areas where they used to. Lots of sunshine. Of sunshine. Not to mention Oregon is very culturally different from the south.

What was school like Oregon and you're from the southeast, I totally understand wanting to leave if things aren't going well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom