OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y’all was worried about Napier recruiting after those comments and he’s out here trying to play Avengers Assemble with his staff… :lol:
No cap, if the Miami staff that I’ve seen rumored is ANYTHING close to the final staff then I’m not worried in the slightest. Would instantly be one of the best staffs in the country.

And that makes sense on Ewers. I just couldn’t imagine Texas letting him get away again. Gotta seal that deal by any means :lol:

Napier was an elite recruiter at Bama. No one who knew anything was worried :lol:

But, BUTT, BUTTTTT he isn't as handsome as what we were promised is what they said. He sounded confident and ready to go based on what I saw .

Something I was thinking about: Why does Taggart get called "Slick willie" and a liar, snake, and a traitor and all that for taking the FSU job, but Cristobal gets well wishes?

Both are from Florida and both, while taking dream jobs, were also moving home to be closer to their sick mothers. I've seen Oregon people claim their issue with Taggart was him using a booster's private jet to take an interview, but it's pretty apparent that Cristobal did the same. He also met with Miami people in Vegas the weekend of the conference championship.

It's almost like how Mike Norvell at 8-13 is "building something" at FSU, but Willie at 9-12 was given one of shortest tenures of any coach in the past decade not fired for cause.

Been posted before, but still…
3E5EEFC5-45C9-4394-8977-2A1D5E3CDBA0.jpeg

Napier was an elite recruiter at Bama. No one who knew anything was worried :lol:
Everyone an elite recruiter at Bama. Made Jeff Banks look competent.
Wait really?
I still wouldn’t be surprised by Tech but I think it’s going Texas’ way. They’re desperate and offering dumb money.

They tried to do the same thing with Kelvin Banks to get him to sign next week but he’s waiting until February now.

Texas gotta snag Ewers to have anything going for them at this point. It’s damn near ESD and their big recruiting weekend is Ewers and a bunch of spare parts. :lol:

Something I was thinking about: Why does Taggart get called "Slick willie" and a liar, snake, and a traitor and all that for taking the FSU job, but Cristobal gets well wishes?
Oh a lot of their fans are turning on Mario too. :lol: But I think people were upset that Taggart was there for a year and lied about leaving until the very last minute. Plus I think he used a recruiting trip to meet with FSU or something too?

With that said, would be foolish to not also acknowledge that I agree that there’s a racial aspect of it. But Mario actually elevated their program and left it in a wayyy better place. Willie def didn’t do that.

Lots of racial aspects to this. My biggest fear for every person of color when they get a high profile job is that their failure or perceived failure at a high profile job, even when that job isn't great, will be used against them for getting that next opportunity or gets used against others trying to advance. Meanwhile, a guy like Sark (we are sympathetic to his alcoholism) will probably get more opportunities when if we're honest he shouldn't have received all the chances that he's received when he is supposed to be a leader of men while getting hammered off of the mini bar at away games.

🤣 yeah ok.

We’re recruiting his younger brother Matayo. Clemson fans not about to lie on us tampering in the hopes of getting DJ ruled ineligible yo save them from the next two seasons of his mid QBing. Finders keepers.

Lincoln is talking to the wrong person in the family if he really is trying to bring DJ back home.

Shiiiiit if that's on the table DJ wild if he stays in South Carolina with Dumbo.

Oh a lot of their fans are turning on Mario too. :lol: But I think people were upset that Taggart was there for a year and lied about leaving until the very last minute. Plus I think he used a recruiting trip to meet with FSU or something too?

With that said, would be foolish to not also acknowledge that I agree that there’s a racial aspect of it. But Mario actually elevated their program and left it in a wayyy better place. Willie def didn’t do that.
Mario did the same thing. He met with Miami while recruiting and visiting his mom. Took the booster's jet for it too. Also lied about leaving the night before but then canceled visits with recruits and then flew back up to eugene still claiming all was well. It's why the Oregon reporter made that comment about "if he was leaving it'd be an early morning meeting and as of now no such meeting is scheduled." Then in the middle of the night they learn about an early morning meeting.

I agree Mario did way more for them than Willie did though. Though I question if Willie couldn't have had similar success over time. But you know what I think of Mario as a coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom