OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see what nako xl nako xl did with that coaching ranking thing and i had the convo with him the other night the fact that he discredit kirby the way that he does says so much smh.... yes he hasn't beaten Saban and yall say what yall want about him but that man is one hell of a coach and will soon get his credit. atlsfinest atlsfinest idk why you wasting your time arguing very valid points I've been in this chat a while and now mainly lurk but the hate for UGA by some in here is very laugable and your better off doing what me and a few other do lol.

I see what nako xl nako xl did with that coaching ranking thing and i had the convo with him the other night the fact that he discredit kirby the way that he does says so much smh.... yes he hasn't beaten Saban and yall say what yall want about him but that man is one hell of a coach and will soon get his credit. atlsfinest atlsfinest idk why you wasting your time arguing very valid points I've been in this chat a while and now mainly lurk but the hate for UGA by some in here is very laugable and your better off doing what me and a few other do lol.
Shut up Keef

There’s no real incentive for the Big Ten to do this. All this does is elevate the PAC 10. Who’s watching that 7pm pacific time matchup of UCLA vs Penn State on a Saturday night?
Obviously that matchup wouldn’t be at 7pm pacific.

Arizona v Rutgers? Maybe. But who’s watching that at 7 PST? The same (lack of) people who would watch Rutgers v. Maryland at noon EST.

There’s no real incentive for the Big Ten to do this. All this does is elevate the PAC 10. Who’s watching that 7pm pacific time matchup of UCLA vs Penn State on a Saturday night?

That’s not a bad matchup tho.

Considering the Rose Bowl isn’t what it used to be, as a Michigan fan it be fun to play USC, Oregon, and UW on a somewhat regular basis, and should give B1G teams at least a little recruiting bump in Cali.

Is Tom Herman going to eventually get a look for some of these higher profile OC openings or is his alcoholism that bad?

I agree Mario did way more for them than Willie did though. Though I question if Willie couldn't have had similar success over time. But you know what I think of Mario as a coach.
Sincerely doubt it based on what I’ve read about his tenure at FSU. He was in over his head.

Willie was done no favors while at FSU. For instance, had the admin been willing to open up the checkbook to bring in the original coordinators he wanted to bring in (Kendal Briles and Jim Leavitt/Leonard) then he's probably still here.

Willie also did himself no favors while at FSU. He had a number of folks that were brought along for the ride and put into positions that ultimately costed him in the end and he wasn't as buttoned up behind the scenes as he needed to be. For instance having ELITE recruits show up to the facility at the scheduled time only to find that all the doors are locked and they can't get in so they have to wait around for 2-3 hours for someone to show up and let them in.

And you'd be dumb to ignore the race aspect of it as well. Both in his hiring (the previous AD Stan Wilcox pretty much only wanted a black coach. His backup to Willie would have been Charlie strong) and his firing. Unfortunately for Willie he came in at the worst possible time, as far as the state that the program was in and where he was in his own career development.

As a sidenote, it's still pretty f'n crazy that Briles is still running around

Obviously that matchup wouldn’t be at 7pm pacific.

Arizona v Rutgers? Maybe. But who’s watching that at 7 PST? The same (lack of) people who would watch Rutgers v. Maryland at noon EST.
You’d still get more people watching Rutgers v Maryland based off television markets alone. California has simply too much to do other than watching a bad football game. You are still competing with all pro sports there, weather, entertainment, etc.
only college team that matters on the west coast is USC

You’d still get more people watching Rutgers v Maryland based off television markets alone. California has simply too much to do other than watching a bad football game. You are still competing with all pro sports there, weather, entertainment, etc.
Markets? You think people in the tri-state watch any big ten games besides when Ohio State, Penn State, and Michigan play each other? :lol: They won't even watch SEC if it's not Bama. Do people in the midwest watch Rutgers football?

Maryland's alum group is big but do they care about football?

Last edited:
Willie was done no favors while at FSU. For instance, had the admin been willing to open up the checkbook to bring in the original coordinators he wanted to bring in (Kendal Briles and Jim Leavitt/Leonard) then he's probably still here.

Willie also did himself no favors while at FSU. He had a number of folks that were brought along for the ride and put into positions that ultimately costed him in the end and he wasn't as buttoned up behind the scenes as he needed to be. For instance having ELITE recruits show up to the facility at the scheduled time only to find that all the doors are locked and they can't get in so they have to wait around for 2-3 hours for someone to show up and let them in.

And you'd be dumb to ignore the race aspect of it as well. Both in his hiring (the previous AD Stan Wilcox pretty much only wanted a black coach. His backup to Willie would have been Charlie strong) and his firing. Unfortunately for Willie he came in at the worst possible time, as far as the state that the program was in and where he was in his own career development.

As a sidenote, it's still pretty f'n crazy that Briles is still running around
Briles and Lebby both being sought after coaches is nuts. I blame the world events of 2016-21 though.

Is there any reason why the Pac-12 doesn't schedule games mid-day? I thought there was some discussions a couple years ago to change their kickoff times but I didn't know what came of it. I enjoy Pac-12 games but living in the Midwest, it's tough staying up until 1am sometimes because a game started at 9pm. IMO their games are more entertaining than the BigTen (outside of the big 2) and I'm a Michigan fan.

Is there any reason why the Pac-12 doesn't schedule games mid-day? I thought there was some discussions a couple years ago to change their kickoff times but I didn't know what came of it. I enjoy Pac-12 games but living in the Midwest, it's tough staying up until 1am sometimes because a game started at 9pm. IMO their games are more entertaining than the BigTen (outside of the big 2) and I'm a Michigan fan.
dont want to compete against the SEC games.

dont want to compete against the SEC games.
They want the TV networks to carry the games and ESPN will always show a favoritism to SEC/ACC games because they own those conference's networks. ESPN wants games to fill their late night weekend programming slot and if the Pac 12 wants the tv money they have no choice but to take it.

Oregon rarely if ever is forced into those late time slots and USC when they are good didn't play them either.

Except of course for 2015-2018 when Larry Scott was a ******* idiot and had Pac teams playing Thursday and Friday late night road games after Saturday road games the week prior.

Yea like nako xl nako xl was saying , I can assure you that the number of ppl watching Rutgers vs UMD at any time of day in UMD’s market is small :lol: … People don’t rock with the Terps round here like that and college football in general isn’t as popular as other places, most folks only watch the big games if that

Its more to do than watch bad big 10 football out this way as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom