OFFICIAL 2020 STIMULUS CHECK THREAD

What about the hundreds of dollars taken out of my check every week? Are those not taxes? Going to the state and government?

just because someone receives a small refund doesn’t mean they aren’t paying taxes..
And how about all the tax we pay on items we purchase in stores and online?

Hello. I’m still waiting on proof of your claim that “99% of people who qualify for stimulus checks pay little to no taxes.” You couldn’t have pulled that fake stat out of thin air, could you? Only a clown would do that. You’re not a clown, right?

its about simple math that any CPA can agree with. If you’re a single filer using the standard deduction, then perhaps you’re paying a very small amount in federal taxes (Using stimulus check income threshold). My statement is so many folks want to claim that they pay taxes when they damn well know they do indeed pay weekly or biweekly taxes directly taken out from their employer, however come tax time, after all the child credits, EIC, deductions, etc. the refund check they receive is larger than what they paid out throughout the year.

What about the hundreds of dollars taken out of my check every week? Are those not taxes? Going to the state and government?

just because someone receives a small refund doesn’t mean they aren’t paying taxes..
If you’re a single filer using standard deduction, then yes you’re a taxpayer although a small amount. However the majority of those under the stimulus income threshold, do not. You can’t receive a larger refund check due to numerous circumstances than what is paid in federal taxes throughout the year and be considered a tax payer.

its about simple math that any CPA can agree with. If you’re a single filer using the standard deduction, then perhaps you’re paying a very small amount in federal taxes (Using stimulus check income threshold). My statement is so many folks want to claim that they pay taxes when they damn well know they do indeed pay weekly or biweekly taxes directly taken out from their employer, however come tax time, after all the child credits, EIC, deductions, etc. the refund check they receive is larger than what they paid out throughout the year.

I’m waiting for you to provide some actual data to back up your claims. I provided you charts that you conveniently ignored. It’s your turn to show me something of substance. I am pretty good with numbers, so let’s see them.

Last edited:
If you’re a single filer using standard deduction, then yes you’re a taxpayer although a small amount. However the majority of those under the stimulus income threshold, do not. You can’t receive a larger refund check due to numerous circumstances than what is paid in federal taxes throughout the year and be considered a tax payer.
Who cares what anyone is consider. I’ll call myself a tax beneficiary if I could, make money off those ****ers and keep milking that cow til it’s dry

I’m waiting for you to provide some actual data to back up your claims. I provided you charts that you conveniently ignored. It’s your turn to show me something of substance. I am decent with numbers (minor in applied mathematics from a top-25 University), so let’s see them.
The charts you provided suggest nothing other than what I stated. Who cares what the household income is, it has no direct correlation to tax filing. 2020 IRS statistics show that 93% of US population qualified for a stimulus check. Your chart basically suggest that judging by the taxable income bracket for married filers, it’s safe to assume they pay little to no taxes if they have kids, same goes for HOH filers. Single filers depending on your income, although a small amount can claim that they pay federal taxes based on stimulus check threshold.

Who cares what anyone is consider. I’ll call myself a tax beneficiary if I could, make money off those ****ers and keep milking that cow til it’s dry
I have no issues with that. I just dislike the fact that people say “it’s our own tax dollars” yet they don’t realize that they probably support zero federal taxes and more than likely receive more than they put in.

I have no issues with that. I just dislike the fact that people say “it’s our own tax dollars” yet they don’t realize that they probably support zero federal taxes and more than likely receive more than they put in.
Over the course of someone’s lifetime they ain’t making more off the government than vice versa. Irs will freeze your account and **** you in the *** over $500 they ain’t letting people get over on em like iffy

For the majority of people, it IS their own tax dollars.

This is true even if you just looked at Federal income tax. Of course, there’s state and local income tax, sales tax, property tax, etc which makes your false claims even more egregious.

never got the stimulus check gonna accept the fact that im not getting one even though i did 18-19 taxes.. smh

We need more Trump dollas!

3AC100FB-CE20-40F5-87C2-A88252644FFD.jpeg

Reading this thread makes me realize that some people don't know what payroll taxes are, and that consumption taxes exist.

For the majority of people, it IS their own tax dollars.

This is true even if you just looked at Federal income tax. Of course, there’s state and local income tax, sales tax, property tax, etc which makes your false claims even more egregious.

stimulus checks are directly tied to federal taxes. Those of us who saw no benefit of stimulus have been given the privilege to pay for it. And no for the majority it isn’t their tax dollars. All they have to do is look at their w2 and the amount of refund check they received.

As far as sales tax goes, double taxation. I agree with that

hurry and apply
they sent me a card with $700+ on it
got it last week
prolly gonna save for thanksgiving and christmas dinner groceries

so lets say my 3 year old isnt in school yet but i list him and his "long lost brother" along with some school he never been to

whats the worst that can happen? feds coming busting down doors or nah

Anyone in here apply for the EIDL loan? It’s back up on sba.gov.

Basically if you have a side hustle (reselling sneakers, Uber, etc) you can apply for the loan and if approved they’ll give you a $1,000 grant and you can decline the loan.

Back
Top Bottom