OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it had to do with signing stars from other teams. Times were different back then. You didn't see the type of player movement as you do now.

I wanna say that maybe 90-95% of players have more than 1 team.
Don't know the actual percentages but everyone tests the waters at some point in they're careers.

I don't mind someone signing up with any team but I do have a problem with teams signing long time rivals.

I remember the disgust I felt when the Bulls acquired John Starks :sick:
On the flip side I remember having a great deal of respect for Starks after he refused to suit up for the Bulls.

Times were different and players were built different.....thicker fabric of integrity

I wanna say that maybe 90-95% of players have more than 1 team.
Don't know the actual percentages but everyone tests the waters at some point in they're careers.

I don't mind someone signing up with any team but I do have a problem with teams signing long time rivals.

I remember the disgust I felt when the Bulls acquired John Starks :sick:
On the flip side I remember having a great deal of respect for Starks after he refused to suit up for the Bulls.

Times were different and players were built different.....thicker fabric of integrity
I definitely dont feel the same now as I did 25 years ago. Cant get as attached to players these days with all the movement.

Serious question, what made yall that live in LA be clippers fans? As @dcallamerican says I come in peace

Is cheering for the team of the city you grew up in still prevalent with the younger generation? I feel in general it happens less now. Also seems that there are more fans with multiple teams

I don’t expect people to grow up and cheer for mediocrity.
I think its wild to not root for a team in the city you grew up in, but thats just me.

When I meet people and they say their favorite teams are NY Yankees, Lakers (or Bulls), Cowboys, and Notre Dame football, I scratch my head. Met so many like this.

Is cheering for the team of the city you grew up in still prevalent with the younger generation? I feel in general it happens less now. Also seems that there are more fans with multiple teams
WAAAAY less. I have a 14 and 9 year old sons. So I know their friends. So many GSW and Pats fans. Just starting to see more lakers loves from the kids since Lebron.

Never forget that Q-Rich, D-Miles and the Kandi Man appeared in Van Wilder. What's weird is that Darius' character is named Darius, Quentin's is named Quentin, and Michael Olowokandi is...Leron? They couldn't just call him Mike? Also, how is THAT team losing 62-34 at the half?

Choosing to like something because you were born/live there is the definition of arbitrary. No issues with those that do but knocking those who don't employ the logic is wild to me.
respect the opinion.

Just wild to me to be from Ny and root for the cowboys. At least admit you liked them because they were good

LA residents rooting for the Pats? F that. Weak as hell.

Just my opinion. I'll never get it.

I'm one of those, "root for whatever team you want" people.

They don't gotta be the hometown squad, you just have to sincerely like them

If you got a new squad every year, then you're just a bandwagoner but quite honestly you can't expect everyone to take sports as seriously so it is what is.

Still side eye people who say they root for the Giants and Jets, or Yankees and Mets cause their both "New York" though :lol:

Choosing to like something because you were born/live there is the definition of arbitrary. No issues with those that do but knocking those who don't employ the logic is wild to me.
I always want the home team (Miami) to be do doing good and I enjoy watching em/going to games. I was a fan of Iverson and started following the Sixers and became hooked. Even after he was traded I sticked around young EagleDolla was fun to watch.

The real question is what made people become Lakers fans? Because they had a history of winning a lot? Is there a word for that?
First team I watched ... as a child I didn’t even know the clippers existed. They were like page 2 on the L.A. Times. But as I became more of a basketball fan, I’d watch them if the Lakers were having a day off. So yeah I did grow up watching Magic, Byron, James, etc... I also watched Manning, Charles Smith, Gary Grant, and Ken Norman... and even Dominique for half a year

Reactions: HIM

I’m in agreement with you btw. I’m not overly critical of what teams someone decides to root for but I know growing up it was looked down upon and I still see some adults do it today tbh.

People get really in their feels with the “You didn’t even go there, though!” with college sports :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom