OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Russ
Game 7 is a legacy game for Harden and Westbrook and I believe it will determine the future of their franchise. If they mortgage their future in order to get Westbrook and they get bounced in the first round, they won't be able to live it down. If Harden is the player who we think he is, the Rockets need to come out there and dominate. MVP level players will their teams to win games like these.

Also, if the rockets lose this game they need to blow it up and get rid of everyone outside of Harden. They've been regressing for years now.

2018: Lost in the WCF game 7
2019: Lost in the second round
2020: might lose in the first round?

They've got to blow it up if they lose.

Their legacy will be that they support the police and they helped keep Texas red. That legacy is worth more than a game. Jim and and Mr. Westbrook are heroes to the conservative movement and I for one am proud of them.

114CD51F-9AEA-410D-BCD6-174833F70482.jpeg

We've seen every possible iteration and retooling of Harden iso-ball. Things peaked in 2018 but it's been downhill since then. The issue they're facing is that they don't have much room for growth given their cap situation and the fact that they've given up their pics for the next half decade. Will they just be forced to run it back with Russ and Harden next year? Will a new coach make that big of a difference with this roster? Westbrook has shown that he's uncoachable

how do you know those picks won't be lottery picks? No one has any idea how the NBA will look five or six years from now. Oklahoma City was smart to get picks far into the future when each team's current stars likely won't be there anymore and if they are, they'll be well past their primes (New Orleans made a similar decision with the Anthony Davis trade). Harden and Westbrook likely won't be on the Rockets in 2025 and 2026 and I doubt Kawhi and Playoff P will be on the Clippers in 2025 and 2026.

Because NBA history has proven over and over that drafts are a crapshoot, and, outside of a really bad track record for second picks, there's no rhyme or reason to it. Also, in terms of cashing in on draft picks from previous trades, if Memphis wins the 2003 lottery, they get LeBron. Instead, their pick went to Detroit, and then Detroit picked Darko, so you can still screw up. I have approximately zero faith in any of those OKC picks turning into anything.

This ***** averages 35 a game and wasn't even trying to get the ball down the stretch.

Crazy man.

Exactly. He shies away from the biggest moments in the playoffs. This is why nobody cares when he drops 50 in a regular season game or averages 40 points for a month in the winter. Wake me up when he's making winning plays in the playoffs. Even in 2018, Chris Paul was making the clutch plays against the Warriors in the Western conference Finals. Harden ain't built for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom