OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
3BFFC206-4ABB-427F-8842-107A89336AE5.jpeg

I been feeling like this logo has taken on a much bigger role in society in 2020. The country was still unsure about COVID 19 until the NBA season was suspended. And now, we have the NBA leading the sports world in support of Black Lives.

I can only hope that the MLB & NFL will fall in line.

MLB still currently flying to other destinations and getting Covid outbreaks
50EAC850-D03F-44AC-A3F9-DF792A7848A2.gif

NFL also getting positive tests but masquerading them as “false positives”. There’s no way a bubble to work in those leagues, but they could’ve done more than just “well if we get it we get it”.

Christine Brennan going in on cnn saying tiger or Jordan would have never have done this. Applauding the players for their actions.

Have you been to Kentucky? he represents the politics of the people there pretty well.
That's the whole point of the problem, the politics of that area exclude offering justice for all the residents of the area, and not simply the majority, by design.

There aren't enough black American MLB players to make a difference IMO

I agree, there's a lot of white people in baseball and a lot of foreign black and hispanic players that already don't feel welcome here.

NFL is interesting because of how big it is but there's so many players making the league minimum so I don't know if they could actually do it.

I also think Silver will move fast on this. They're missing a lot of money and this could delay the draft and next season.

It's upsetting hearing Kendrick Perkins do an about face like this in this moment. Where was this energy before the season restarted?

Yeah, dude was putting on a bad acting show a couple weeks ago on the jump raising his voice and Nichols had to hold a laugh in as soon as he started talking. Not to say he doesn't care but he has been only focusing on whatever is hot at the moment for a minute.

As much as I love this decision, the NFL needs to follow suit if there aren't any major changes to policies and politics surrounding police brutality in America. Hillbillies don't watch the NBA. A lot of them love football. That'll be when they really start being impacted by these protests.
NFL.... I know this won’t even begin to address the f*ckery of what happened to Kaep but they owe that man a serious apology
Roger and all the owners need to apologize and admit Kaep was right.

I agree, there's a lot of white people in baseball and a lot of foreign black and hispanic players that already don't feel welcome here.

NFL is interesting because of how big it is but there's so many players making the league minimum so I don't know if they could actually do it.

I also think Silver will move fast on this. They're missing a lot of money and this could delay the draft and next season.

Draft and next season are already looking like they’ll be pushed but maintaining the current schedule and revenue along with obligations is probably the league/owners priority.

As much as I love this decision, the NFL needs to follow suit if there aren't any major changes to policies and politics surrounding police brutality in America. Hillbillies don't watch the NBA. A lot of them love football. That'll be when they really start being impacted by these protests.

Yeah ain't no way this is happening in the NFL.

Their PA is a joke compared to the NBA's.

Plus the most powerful owner in their league and probably all of sports Jerry Jones wouldn't be down with that.

He argue for the NFL players to exercise more "grace" or some ********.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom