OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They've been beating the drum for voting rights and obviously police brutality.
They definitely have in the bubble for sure and Hill had a real good interview expounding on the thoughts of a lot of players yesterday but I was just commenting on if there were any official statements right now after officially boycotting the game today

I love sports, but I do think the return of the NBA and all these different sports provided an unnecessary distraction.

I don't know how much you guys talk to people outside of NT, like in real life, but there are legit people who don't know about Jacob Blake. There are legit people that know about hockey playoffs and NBA playoffs and MLB games, but don't know that a Black man was shot, again, unarmed, again, with no punishment or anything handed down to the cop, AGAIN.

I'm all for shutting everything down, leaving that entire dynamic as one of the only things there is to talk about.

PS. The jokes about Lebron in the midst of this conversation, that's not the move.

-foe

I'm iffy on this. I still feel players caved too early.

If the players said "Until Daniel Cameron arrest Breonna Taylor's killer, we won't play and resume the season", I give him 2 weeks tops before owners, corporations and other politicians pressure him into pressing charges just to get the money rolling in.

This league >>>>
3BFFC206-4ABB-427F-8842-107A89336AE5.jpeg

I been feeling like this logo has taken on a much bigger role in society in 2020. The country was still unsure about COVID 19 until the NBA season was suspended. And now, we have the NBA leading the sports world in support of Black Lives.

I can only hope that the MLB & NFL will fall in line.

As much as I love this decision, the NFL needs to follow suit if there aren't any major changes to policies and politics surrounding police brutality in America. Hillbillies don't watch the NBA. A lot of them love football. That'll be when they really start being impacted by these protests.

As much as I love this decision, the NFL needs to follow suit if there aren't any major changes to policies and politics surrounding police brutality in America. Hillbillies don't watch the NBA. A lot of them love football. That'll be when they really start being impacted by these protests.

That’s not happening
NFL panders hard to conservatives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom