OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of birthdays, I’m at the shop getting cut for mine (on Friday), and the protest stuff becomes the topic of conversation

Long story short, players should’ve never took the cop out and played just because of a message on a jersey and never came to the bubble from the jump

In other words, Myrie was right :nthat:

lets see what adam silver is really about...nba already looking funny with that statement
I’m anxiously awaiting the league’s statement if/when the players decide to cancel the whole thing.

Might have to be content with just Nike King James socks.

Bron will go down as the G.O.A.T. if he takes the lead here.

I must say I was on the side of them not going to play in the bubble initially as being a huge statement. But doing it this way basically stopping the playoffs is actually more effective.

Hella props to the players.
Giving people something and taking it away hurts more.

The hearts and minds and people the NBA is trying to reach aren't hurt by NBA players forfeiting games and going on strike. Unfortunately, the people these NBA players who want to reach don't watch basketball. NBA fans are younger, live in big cities and have more progressive values, In a sense these players are preaching to the choir. People in middle America don't watch NBA basketball.

If we're keeping it 💯, women's sports been fighting for injustice for so long. They fight for gay rights, women's rights (obviously), civil rights, racial and social equality, etc. And this was even before the George Floyd protests. They just don't get the recognition because "lMaO wOmEnS sPoRtS"

Black women always leading the charge in every human rights fight. They rarely get any credit.

Can't be understated how big it is to have the number 1 seed with the defending MVP and DPOY leading this charge with the other number 1 seed and most influential player in the world cosigning it immediately.

It's one thing had a boycott gone down during the regular season games but to have it during the postseason where the top of the top are involved and with the amounts of money and public + media attention involved brings a whole other level of urgency and potential impact.

Absolutely. Big names like Bron and Giannis speaking so much on the subject is important. I remember when the NFL players spoke up after George Floyd's death, they said Goodell felt the pressure to make a statement after Pat Mahomes partook in their video speech. Once the NFL's biggest star was involved, the league had no choice but to support the cause.

Speaking of birthdays, I’m at the shop getting cut for mine (on Friday), and the protest stuff becomes the topic of conversation

Long story short, players should’ve never took the cop out and played just because of a message on a jersey and never came to the bubble from the jump

In other words, Myrie was right :nthat:
Obviously we will never know but I think taking away sports after bringing them back is more impactful.

The hearts and minds and people the NBA is trying to reach aren't hurt by NBA players forfeiting games and going on strike. Unfortunately, the people these NBA players who want to reach don't watch basketball. NBA fans are younger, live in big cities and have more progressive values, In a sense these players are preaching to the choir. People in middle America don't watch NBA basketball.

This ain't about reaching middle America man. It's about reaching capital hill and local and state governments.

Add the South while we're at it.

What is with yall man. What part of this is even triggering something in your mind to let off jokes. About the WNBA of all things, the one league that has ALWAYS been at the forefront of these issues, who move first, and move hard.

Same as before... Reported. You get banned, you now know why.

Disgusting.

not trying to defend dland but in my years of posting in similar threads as him, i don't think he was joking with that comment; sometimes his responses can come off as brash. i think there's some realness to his question. the athletes of WNBA have been at the forefront of social justice when it comes to athletes but they get little to no coverage from the national media or even in things like houseofhighlights/bleacherreport.

we should be looking beyond CNN, ESPN, BR, facebook timeline etc. for news, but the reality is a lot of us are guilty of almost solely relying on corporate outlets as our main sources. [i'm one of those folk]

There is no way you're black with some of the questions you're asking and the comments you''re making.

This is just a more eloquent way of saying what I did....but posters lost their minds over my post.
You know how people are nowadays. Feign outrage to get some ereps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom