OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tenor.gif

And dudes on here still think Michael is the goat

michael couldn’t even endorse a black man in his own state against a racist candidate

bron could go 0-82 and his social impact will still ring louder than mike’s

Why we gotta compare him to Mike?
Regardless... Mike just pledged like 10B to social justice causes.
Lets not do this bro

And dudes on here still think Michael is the goat

michael couldn’t even endorse a black man in his own state against a racist candidate

bron could go 0-82 and his social impact will still ring louder than mike’s

Goat on the court is mike ...... LeBron speaks out more against injustice ... don’t know why this is a discussion now

Love it. Seems like it’s a legit thing and not just a one game thing.

No more dunks touchdowns and 3’s until y’all billionaire owners put money and protection to the communities that these players come from

Yup. Owners need to step up. Players can influence the owners. The owners can influence legislation.

The hearts and minds and people the NBA is trying to reach aren't hurt by NBA players forfeiting games and going on strike. Unfortunately, the people these NBA players who want to reach don't watch basketball. NBA fans are younger, live in big cities and have more progressive values, In a sense these players are preaching to the choir. People in middle America don't watch NBA basketball.

You’re trippin if you think the nba isn’t big in “middle America”. Nba is big in the south. In racist *** Indiana and Kentucky. It’s big in racist *** Utah and Okc. Missouri. Etc.

NIKETALK is not big there

And I do think this movement needs to be felt everywhere including those places

I really hope the Brewers boycott. MLB teams boycotting would be huge. Also need someone like Aaron Rodgers to speak up. He's spoken before but we need something louder, especially right now.

I've been black for 32 years. Let's not play the "You're not black because you don't agree with me" game
That definitely isn't what I'm saying. You just sound very uneducated when it comes black history. You're asking what will boycotting do and you're allegedly black??? You've been posting the same foolishness word for word for months.

When you say "refusing to play because of racial injustice" what type of change are you expecting? What does refusing to play NBA basketball changing? I'm confused on what this has to do with the NBA. Is the idea "we're not playing basketball in order to focus our collective attention on social reform?"

Is the NBA the enemy here? Is the idea "we want the NBA to do more and we're withholding labor until we see the league make changes?"

Can someone explain to me like I'm five the connection between racial injustice and not playing NBA basketball? To me, it sounds like they're conflating two seperate issues. Even as a black man myself, I don't understand the connection here.

Also, when Kyrie says "something smells a little fishy", what does he mean?

What about a general human rights issue?

Everyone was pretty quiet earlier this year with the whole Morey and Hong Kong situation. Especially Lebron.
What is HONG KONG's position on reparations for African Americans? What is that country's position on how COVID disproportionately effects Black people? Have any officials spoken out on these issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom