OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is interesting listening to folks today on shows it's really only the Nick Wrights, Shannon Sharpes and their ilk saying it's not close. Most of the other guys say it's a dead heat or slightly leaning AD given what he did in the wins and how his play in G3 lead to a loss. Wouldn't be surprised to see a 6-5 vote either way.

I’d vote for AD, but I still feel like Bron will get FMVP based on sentimental/narrative reasons.

It's a close race, Bron definitely deserves votes not solely based on sentimental/ narrative reasons, but it's still there and it would still count.

It's a close race, Bron definitely deserves votes not solely based on sentimental/ narrative reasons, but it's still there and it would still count.

Yeah can't say that's not a factor when you got media members admitting that they've voted on MVP based on narratives in the past. Not necessarily who had the better numbers.

When the goat bron wins during Covid, for Kobe, for equality and for the end of racism they can cancel basketball forever. It’s done. This is the endgame of basketball

Can we please stop with the Co-MVP thing? There are 11 voters so unless you think someone will steal a vote and the other voters will split, it’s not happening.

EYE think it’s 50-50 but I said this after Yanni was named MVP when Lebby complained about his 16 votes.
I also lowkey buy the idea that he’s getting ahead of FMVP voting by expressing his displeasure with the regular season MVP voting. No different than complaining officiating in a postgame presser to put the refs on notice.

Folks complain about how the media slurps Lebby and FMVP is decided by the media. So if you believe in consistent rhetoric, LeBron should win. As MVP MVP suggested, I think it will come down to who gets the call but some of y’all need to pick a side with the Media x Lebby narrative.

Reactions: MVP
:rofl:
1973829A-8630-47F7-959D-FB152F7771FC.gif
I hope he doesn't win for another 5 years because of this

AD getting credit for playing bad in game 3 is something else. Guess Bron needs to tank Game 5

You're just not being honest if you think she's the only one. They pick who votes at random right when the game is ending. But then the votes are made public. Bron is a better story and as much as his play is deserving different voters have different agendas.

Thats why I don’t tend to lean heavy into media voted awards when debating players. They can be indicators but can’t put all my eggs in that basket.

How do Lakers fans feel about all the parades and celebrations and all that being lost because of COVID?

Definitely a bummer.

I guess you could view it as a silver lining of this terrible year.

Thats why I don’t tend to lean heavy into media voted awards when debating players. They can be indicators but can’t put all my eggs in that basket.

this

and

this...

EEA6F554-D925-4570-A35E-030EC205BDE8.jpeg

F all that though. They can give it to Dwight for all I care. I just want to win on Friday.

“Friends hang sometimes. Banners hang forever.”

How do Lakers fans feel about all the parades and celebrations and all that being lost because of COVID?

Definitely a bummer.

I guess you could view it as a silver lining of this terrible year.

It sucks man especially given this year with losing Bean and it being a decade since the last one. City would be going bananas. I'm just going to drive downtown by Staples though on Friday I'm sure they'll be some type of car party down there.

It sucks man especially given this year with losing Bean and it being a decade since the last one. City would be going bananas. I'm just going to drive downtown by Staples though on Friday I'm sure they'll be some type of car party down there.

Yeah the whole Kobe element... with the celebrations, his family possibly being in attendance would have been something to behold.

I’m not sure I’d call Bron a fake tough guy or poser

He just gets super upset at the slightest contact

if you even think about fouling him, he cries

He is the best player in the game, but it’s how he’s been since day 1...unfortunately
CB101813.jpg

Remember me? funny how Lebron avoided eye contact and walked away when Boozer confronted him, lol. Lebron only postures against guys that he knows he could bully and knows wouldn't retaliate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom