OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
if we are going just by stats lebron is ahead in the finals mvp race

hes leading the team in points, rebounds, and assists.

his large amount of turnovers the last two days might be the product of him trying to average a triple double in the finals

i could care less who wins the award one more game til the lakers back on top 🔥

Can't think of anyone else in the world who'd be catching heat posting Finals #'s like that a game away from a chip :lol:

Wouldn't even be a discussion about MVP if AD wasn't doing AD things but dude still leads them in points, assists and rebounds regardless :lol: :sick:

Honestly co-MVP seems like the way to go. AD played soft the last two games. It may come down to the last game on who wins it tho. I have Bron slightly edging it out because of this game.

If they continue to basically sandwich AD on those post ups and double after 1 dribble when does get it, he’s not gonna get up enough shots, the Lakers won’t score a lot so you’ll have a chance.

With AD on Jimmy they used Jimmy as the roll man twice in the fourth, got a Bam layup, their easiest shot in the quarter and didnt tap it again until 90 seconds left then they got an open Crowder 3.

In the third he rolled only 3x, they swung it around & Herro was wide open for 3, turned it down for that rainbow floater over AD. The other times Nunn got an open 3, then Iggy got it in the dunker but kicked it back out & Kelly drew the foul

They have to hit that early & often in G5. Jimmy not successful scoring or creating with AD as his matchup otherwise.

If they leave him on the ball with AD, the Lakers still have miscommunications on those staggered screen, either straight up or out of the pistol. Crowder got a wide open corner 3 out of it.

They love telling us Spo started out as a film guy so I’m sure he’ll see that & make the tweak.

Can't think of anyone else in the world who'd be catching heat posting Finals #'s like that a game away from a chip :lol:

Wouldn't even be a discussion about MVP if AD wasn't doing AD things but dude still leads them in points, assists and rebounds regardless :lol: :sick:

Totally fair, but Jimmy almost had a triple double this game and I felt like his tentativeness cost them a shot at the game. Not saying you're a victim of this, but it's beyond the numbers sometimes.

If the Lakers lost this game, Lebron's dumb three pointers would be getting blamed right now. The whole narrative would be different.

If only Olnyk could play a lick of defense :smh:

Jimmy's got all the spacing in the world to work with when he's on the floor but it's a total liability on the other end

-2 tonight

AD is +24 for the series (and that's with the -26 from Game 3)
Bron is +11 for the series

AD +50 in the wins
Bron +15 in the wins

As I've said the entire playoffs, the team goes as he goes.

Give it up Mamba.

It's Bron's team.

A team with AD as the main guy wouldn't be in the NBA finals.

I do think the FMVP is close for this series though, with Lebron having a slight edge right now.

Totally fair, but Jimmy almost had a triple double this game and I felt like his tentativeness cost them a shot at the game. Not saying you're a victim of this, but it's beyond the numbers sometimes.

If the Lakers lost this game, Lebron's dumb three pointers would be getting blamed right now. The whole narrative would be different.
I know but he was the one getting open looks for KCP and others down the stretch too, it wasn't just empty numbers.

You won't catch me getting on Jimmy much either, he played well but not at the historic level he did in game 3 which seems to be the only path for victory at the moment. He had a real tough matchup most of the night but I agree he should've been a bit more selfish especially towards the end. Was trying to do it all again when someone needed to take charge scoring wise.

Is what it is though, the Lakers are proving to be the team they I've been billed as all year long and pulling off tough, ugly W's like tonight are what champions do

EjszKvHU4AEi3k8

Wish we had gotten a chance to see AD on Kawhi in the playoffs, would've been real fun :smh:. Clash of Titans

Y’all should be honored to even utter his name and to have been alive during his precious existence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom