OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
First it was Dwert and McHale.
Then it was Morey for the system.
Then it was only cause he went up against the Warriors.
Then it was CP0.
Now it's on D'Antoni despite the fact that he's had his best numbers under him.
Westbrook getting thrown under the bus even though Harden was the one who insisted on getting him.

None of these excuses work anymore. There's only one common denominator through it all, James Harden he just isn't that guy. He tricked y'all.
All is true. Harden has his issues

aces routinely play ladies that can’t shoot around Aja. Out there looking like the 76ers. No wonder amitt5504 amitt5504 picked them
tenor.gif

WNBA has a parity problem

they need more teams but the aces got 4 #1 picks on their team. 3 of them are out there today.

storm picked up Howard who was left for dead. Sue bird is 58. 3 and D goddess alysha Clark was a second round pick.

the aces hoop like a 90s team. This ain’t it.

First it was Dwert and McHale.
Then it was Morey for the system.
Then it was only cause he went up against the Warriors.
Then it was CP0.
Now it's on D'Antoni despite the fact that he's had his best numbers under him.
Westbrook getting thrown under the bus even though Harden was the one who insisted on getting him.

None of these excuses work anymore. There's only one common denominator through it all, James Harden he just isn't that guy. He tricked y'all.
Everything isn’t an excuse. Who on earth thought the rockets were winning when Dwight and McHale was there?

The real window was 2018 (rockets were flat out the best team in the nba, cp3 gets injured up 3-2) & 2019 (rockets flat out dropped the ball)

I literally stated hardens hands are not clean in this. He ran cp3 out and brought in his friend who he doesn’t mesh with on the court at all because cp3 suggested the rockets run an actual offense. That’s 100% on harden.

Having great numbers under MDA means what exactly? James harden was a superstar before mda. Mda actually did more harm then anything. A real coach would’ve utilized harden midrange game and in the post. Harden revived D’antoni, don’t play ya self thinking anything otherwise

Starting from when harden signed with Houston transitioning from a 6th man to a starter and acting like the window for him to win has been open that whole time is just false.

Everything isn’t an excuse. Who on earth thought the rockets were winning when Dwight and McHale was there?

The real window was 2018 (rockets were flat out the best team in the nba, cp3 gets injured up 3-2) & 2019 (rockets flat out dropped the ball)

I literally stated hardens hands are not clean in this. He ran cp3 out and brought in his friend who he doesn’t mesh with on the court at all because cp3 suggested the rockets run an actual offense. That’s 100% on harden.

Having great numbers under MDA means what exactly? James harden was a superstar before mda. Mda actually did more harm then anything. A real coach would’ve utilized harden midrange game and in the post. Harden revived D’antoni, don’t play ya self thinking anything otherwise

Starting from when harden signed with Houston transitioning from a 6th man to a starter and acting like the window for him to win has been open that whole time is just false.
I think there's clearly middle ground in this whole thing. Folks were prematurely coronating him before he achieved anything

But I do agree the circumstances around a lot of his failures were stacked against him

I think this was the season that really did it for me in terms of jumping completely off the flaming train going off the tracks. Not going to put any trust in him at all and not get tricked by his regular season

I feel like James is just as complicit in this though. He literally refuses to do anything when he isn't dribbling. That's a mentality you should instill in yourself not from coaching or tactics

It's well documented how i feel about Harden :lol: , but when you add his mentality with a coach & GM who enable it to the very end this is what we get. Both of these dudes are incapable of realizing their experiment hasn't worked & instead of trying to make a change they double down on it more every year.

James isn't gonna change because he gets full support for doing it, the one guy who called him on his BS got shipped off in an instant for one of his close friends. Dude is complacent being a great numbers guy at this point.

I feel like James is just as complicit in this though. He literally refuses to do anything when he isn't dribbling. That's a mentality you should instill in yourself not from coaching or tactics
In that Lakers series in particular they were trapping him 35 feet out, giving the other 4 Rockets on the floor a 4 on 3 advantage. 2 defenders on the ball is what you want on every possession offensively.

Harden isn’t supposed to factor back in unless the help recovers, which it isn’t supposed to :lol:

That’s on D’Antoni and the other 4 players having a low IQ. Nobody in the dunker, nobody cutting behind the trapper.

Harden certainly could’ve attacked the rim & the trap more often, but if his teammates can’t capitalize on a 4 on 3, 3 on 2, they had no chance anyway.

Like, the Heat wouldn’t be able to just send KCPs man to trap LeBron at halfcourt all game.

So if you're Miami, what's your strategy? I don't think "we have to play perfect" is a feasible option here.

I think you have to gamble on something. You're not going to trick Lebron, but you could frustrate AD, provoke Dwight or Morris, or decide to do something like gun from Dame/Steph range and try to fly to the loose balls.

So if you're Miami, what's your strategy? I don't think "we have to play perfect" is a feasible option here.

I think you have to gamble on something. You're not going to trick Lebron, but you could frustrate AD, provoke Dwight or Morris, or decide to do something like gun from Dame/Steph range and try to fly to the loose balls.

It’s Sunday so maybe prayers would work.

They played almost a perfect game offensively by the numbers and the game wasn't ever really in doubt. They're cooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom