OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I maintains that the CP3 playmaker guy is not it from your star player come playoff time. Led the league in assist, great! But that’s not it from your starboy
First step isn’t the same. Been said that. Main reason why he struggles against teams like LAC and their defensive wings that he can’t beat off the dribble. He SHOULD be able to do more against Melo and Trent though. We’ll see.

First step isn’t the same. Been said that. Main reason why he struggles against teams like LAC and their defensive wings that he can’t beat off the dribble. He SHOULD be able to do more against Melo and Trent though. We’ll see.

He needs paint seals and low screens to get to the cup. Does this awkward thing where he’s in the Mid lower post , with a half circle dribble and no momentum trying to finesse his Way to the line of a layup. He doesn’t take the under screens from the perimeter because he’s a rhythm shooter.

Transition, spin layups, baseline turns of smaller guys and some bully ball...with the occasional rhythm 3s are his offensive bag right now.

super efficient one on one scoring is an extremely valuable playoff skill, probably the most valuable.

but you can still win a ring without getting it from your best player.

He needs paint seals and low screens to get to the cup. Does this awkward thing where he’s in the Mid lower post , with a half circle dribble and no momentum trying to finesse his Way to the line of a layup. He doesn’t take the under screens from the perimeter because he’s a rhythm shooter.

Transition, spin layups, baseline turns of smaller guys and some bully ball...with the occasional rhythm 3s are his offensive bag right now.
Transitioning from LeBron James to Better Magic Johnson. Funny thing is, I don't see why he couldn't play like this for the next 5 years unless he gets hurt.

He was a 3 level scorer but only scored in the low 20s every playoff run.

His peak year, G7 against San Antonio in his gym I don’t think he even had 20.

Same issue I had with Nash looking back.

he had 27 and the Clips put up a 119 offensive rating against the second best defense in the league.

seems pretty good to me.

i dunno man, when I look back at the the CP3 clippers I def don't think "they couldn't score enough"

They gotta bench Javale and start Kieff.

Give a shorter leash to KCP and Green. I'd give Waiters 10-12 minutes and hope he can provide a punch off the bench while not being a tire fire on defense.
morris last 4 games

12 for 19. 8 for 12 from 3

He was a 3 level scorer but only scored in the low 20s every playoff run.

His peak year, G7 against San Antonio in his gym I don’t think he even had 20.

Same issue I had with Nash looking back.
Nash was a dynamite scorer when he decided to actually shoot though. He definitely had the ability to be a volume scorer if he had to. 48 point game against the Mavs being the big example.

Same with Nash, I don't think the problem with the suns was the crunch time offense.

Nash should have shot more, but they had the best offense in the history of the league to that point

so I don't think scoring was the problem.

he had 27 and the Clips put up a 119 offensive rating against the second best defense in the league.

seems pretty good to me.

i dunno man, when I look back at the the CP3 clippers I def don't think "they couldn't score enough"

**** I do. I think if you look at CP3’s playoff runs with the Clippers outside of the Jazz he was not a elite prolific scorer. He was not a big shot attempt guy

and for my money I’d prefer my best player to shoot more and pass less

and that’s what LBJ looked like last nighht

**** I do. I think if you look at CP3’s playoff runs with the Clippers outside of the Jazz he was not a elite prolific scorer. He was not a big shot attempt guy

and for my money I’d prefer my best player to shoot more and pass less
If AD is the Lakers best player then that’s what’s happening lol but I do agree

seems pretty good to me.

I’m talking about G7 Hornets/Spurs man :lol:

The game you’re talking about they won, which goes to my point.

The Clips were injured a lot. When they were healthy, they could’ve used more volume from their stars.

Russ/KD combining for 61 vs CP/Blake at 45 and the Houston choke job

super efficient one on one scoring is an extremely valuable playoff skill, probably the most valuable.

but you can still win a ring without getting it from your best player.
Yeah but it is really hard. It's the main reason why Golden State needed KD.

I guess the Spurs fit your criteria, but they played arguably the best team basketball of all time in 2014 and were snipers from 3 while playing great defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom