OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
going to be interesting to see what happens in the mavs clippers game today.

me thinks mavs cant possibly shoot as good as they did in game 1 again

I've watched enough Lebron in my years to know this isn't about Ability & moreso about mindset, another one of Brons Passive games where he puts up numbers but doesn't attack & the team pays for it. After the 4th/5th wide open three he & AD just need to ABUSE P&R & take advantage of POR defense, but when he's passive this is exactly what happens.

Outside of the woeful shooting i like everything else i saw from them in terms of the energy & being prepared, they made Lillard work for everything, Dominated the boards, got to the line. if they don't shoot like Ben Wallace going forward this should be done in 5/6, but if they don't atleast get back to their regular season shooting by next round :smh:

I’m talking about G7 Hornets/Spurs man :lol:

The game you’re talking about they won, which goes to my point.

The Clips were injured a lot. When they were healthy, they could’ve used more volume from their stars.

Russ/KD combining for 61 vs CP/Blake at 45 and the Houston choke job

Obviously chips are so scarce so I’m not saying that an uptick in volume would change the clippers chances (or the Lakers chances for that matter)

what I am saying is that we have pretty hard evidence with championship teams and high level championship level teams (I guess Some spurs iterations Aside) all feature elite high volume scorers.

he had 27 and the Clips put up a 119 offensive rating against the second best defense in the league.

seems pretty good to me.

i dunno man, when I look back at the the CP3 clippers I def don't think "they couldn't score enough"

No, but they did have trouble scoring situationally, in late game situations. And part of that was having their best scorer being a 6 foot guard, great as he was.

There’s a reason most of the championships won going back to the 80s were by teams with a 6’5” or taller wing who can get his own shot.

I’m talking about G7 Hornets/Spurs man :lol:

The game you’re talking about they won, which goes to my point.

The Clips were injured a lot. When they were healthy, they could’ve used more volume from their stars.

Russ/KD combining for 61 vs CP/Blake at 45 and the Houston choke job

oh my bad, i assumed you were be talking about prime chris paul and not 3rd year in the league chris paul

yeah i dunno, yah it'd be nice to have more points but i don't really feel like that was the achillies heel in CP's career.

Obviously chips are so scarce so I’m not saying that an uptick in volume would change the clippers chances (or the Lakers chances for that matter)

what I am saying is that we have pretty hard evidence with championship teams and high level championship level teams (I guess Some spurs iterations Aside) all feature elite high volume scorers.

Speaking of...... :nerd: :nerd:

Same with Nash, I don't think the problem with the suns was the crunch time offense.

Nash should have shot more, but they had the best offense in the history of the league to that point

so I don't think scoring was the problem.
Nash himself will tell you he should’ve shot more :lol:

They lost in 5 to San Antonio in that first year, had two games under 100. Lost in 6 to the Mavs the next year, 3 games under 100, a 4th at 101 all losses. Next year Put out by the Spurs again, Amare suspended for that one game & Marion leads them in scoring :lol:

No, but they did have trouble scoring situationally, in late game situations. And part of that was having their best scorer being a 6 foot guard, great as he was.

There’s a reason most of the championships won going back to the 80s were by teams with a 6’5” or taller wing who can get his own shot.

sure yes it's better to be tall, and score more, im just think people are overstating the problem.

teams have one the title without the best player being the primary isolation scorer, teams with mediocre defenses on the other hand almost never win.

oh my bad, i assumed you were be talking about prime chris paul and not 3rd year in the league chris paul

yeah i dunno, yah it'd be nice to have more points but i don't really feel like that was the achillies heel in CP's career.
He was better in New Orleans before the knee injury than at any other point, not sure if you’ve actually followed his career :lol:

Nash himself will tell you he should’ve shot more :lol:

They lost in 5 to San Antonio in that first year, had two games under 100. Lost in 6 to the Mavs the next year, 3 games under 100, a 4th at 101 all losses. Next year Put out by the Spurs again, Amare suspended for that one game & Marion leads them in scoring :lol:

they put up a 114 offensive rating against an incredible spurs defense that averaged 98 on the season.
they gave up 118 Ortg to an 8th ranked spurs offense that averaged 108 on the year.

scoring was not the problem there.

vs dallas, they put up the same Ortg they did during the regular season, they just couldn't stop the Mavs.

Sure Nash should have shot more, but I think getting absolutely torched on defense is a much bigger issue.

He was better in New Orleans before the knee injury than at any other point, not sure if you’ve actually followed his career :lol:

he was more athletic. but def not better, like most players you peak athletically earlier in your career, but skill makes up for the decline.

the Chris Paul who can shoot 50% from the mid range while still being a high level finisher>>>> younger chris paul.

Most impressive last night was damn near that whole Blazers team looked gassed in the 3rd quarter. Looked like the Lakers were gonna run away with it.

they put up a 114 offensive rating against an incredible spurs defense that averaged 98 on the season.
they gave up 118 Ortg to an 8th ranked spurs offense that averaged 108 on the year.

scoring was not the problem there.

vs dallas, they put up the same Ortg they did during the regular season, they just couldn't stop the Mavs.

Sure Nash should have shot more, but I think getting absolutely torched on defense is a much bigger issue.
4 losses against the Spurs: o rating of 119, 118, so clearly defense to blame here. Last two Ls: 106 (pedestrian), 104 (bottom 10).

so sure the averages look fine, but it also looks like Amare could’ve used more help in two of those Ls.

4 losses against the Mavs: 106, 104, 111, 102.

Similar story. Could’ve played better defense, also could’ve used more volume from their best scorer.

Thirty Five this n that

D9A7E0F2-4C67-49A7-B850-7CBF6037C107.jpeg

Most impressive thing here is played all 82 games when there were 4 games in 5 nights. And recovery is not what it is today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom