OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1578983749183.png

Still think Cam's 2010 season was the best QB season I've seen but Joe Cool a close 2nd

I think that Joe's season was much more impressive statistically but Cam's was better as far as raising the play of those around him. That 2010 Auburn team probably 7-5 with an ordinary quarterback. They didn't have good receivers, I had an average running game and their defense wasn't even that dominant. Cam and Nick Fairley took an average SEC team and willed them to a national championship.

Big picture thought: is the "Sabanization" era of college football over?

For the better part of a decade, SEC schools tried to emulate the Alabama model of success. Teams (Georgia included) consistently scooped up Alabama assistance and pretty much tried to copy "the Bama way" at different programs. Do you guys think that era is over now?

Coach O and Dabo both have very different styles of coaching and personalities and have been able to win at the highest level. Not to say that Alabama assistance won't get jobs and can't win but I think the idea I'm trying to become carbon copies of Alabama might be over.

I don't think there is a model to copy, every coach needs to find their own way and their own style.

Oklahoma finishes #7 in the final ranking. I don't think we've seen a team play in the playoff and drop that far in the final rankings.

Last edited:
As you’d expect there’s some discussion about the support staffers and coaches that bolted for Ed O and LSU and some mention of FSU and TAMU.

ThaxbyChamblis ThaxbyChamblis I didn’t realize Jimbo left you guys in as bad shape as he did. I knew he wasn’t really recruiting but didn’t realize he literally stripped the program for parts. Makes me wonder what will happen if he has another mediocre season and things go sour N41D N41D

In re: AUSTIN Thomas and our video and graphics guys;
I was told he wanted more money for an addition video editing suite. USC had a contract with another company and didn't see it necessary to expand their capabilities in that department. I was told it was cost roughly $10,000 more. Thomas saw the writing on the wall in terms of resources, and when he got a competing offer from Ed Orgeron, he bolted. On the record, Thomas said he just wanted to move back to the South with his family. Off the record, I got the impression he was disappointed Clay didn't lobby harder for resources and Austin was asked to do more with less than he was use to. Derek Miller, who did some work in the graphics department recruiting, came to USC with Thomas, but left for LSU as well.

I don't know exactly why he left LSU. Ed isn't always an easy guy to work for. I also heard Jimbo Fisher threw a ton of money at support staff when he was hired. In general, Texas A&M has poured a lot of money into their football program the past 10 years. A source at FSU told me that Fisher brought 20 support staffers with him when he took the job. He quite literally took the whole foundation of FSU football with him to College Station.

Back
Top Bottom