OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
B8684D7E-2713-46D3-B37A-96F2DFA217D7.jpeg

They bout that life in Palo Alto huh?
I think San Jose State might actually have some shooters man.

And I might be wrong, but I thought Columbus was pretty dope the several times I've been there *shrug* Wanna eat at that hot chicken place at North Market again.

Imagine living in California and talking about how ****** other peoples' homes/states/towns are.

People are literally fleeing California in droves.

Weather's great. Literally pretty much everything else sucks.

Imagine living in California and talking about how ****ty other peoples' homes/states/towns are.

Nah, Cali >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Texas and just about everywhere else. I say that as someone who has lived in both places. You can get on stanfan all you want but the Cali slander will not be tolerated

California is great for weather. That's literally it.

My company is headquartered in Santa Barbara so I spent plenty of time in both places.

California is great for weather. That's literally it.

My company is headquartered in Santa Barbara so I spent plenty of time in both places.

Southern California by itself dunks on the entire state of Texas but then you also have northern California. Lake Tahoe, Big Bear, Napa Valley, The list goes on. California has so much natural beauty that Texas can't even touch. That's on top of having better cities, better women and better weather.

Texas is just a hot, humid and flat. Literally the entire Western part of the state is uninhabitable garbage. Also, Texas is full of self-conscious weirdos who feel the need to pound their chest about how great their state is. You see dudes wearing cowboy boots and 10 gallon hats to work. They take that fake cowboy stuff too far.

Texas isn't all bad. Austin and Houston are dope. Dallas is...OK. San Antonio is super average. Nothing in Texas can tough California (other than the fact that COL is low because no one actually wants to live there)

Last edited:
Imagine living in California and talking about how ****ty other peoples' homes/states/towns are.

woah woah woah, calm down.

For every person thats fleeing Cali, 4 more are ready to take its place

I welcome anyone who wants to leave. Please do.

I won't comment on Texas though.

Do you live in Texas?

The only thing Texas has over Cali is the taxes. I'd rather pay more though not to live in that yeehaw piece of land.
To be clear - I never said anything about Texas being a great place to live. I'd obviously concede my experience is probably different than most in here given I'm a white guy that's lived here my entire life.

But compared to California, having spent considerable time there and had opportunities to move there with my company... Home/land value. Taxes. Literally everything is less expensive in general. It's not California, but Texas has PLENTY of great scenery if you're willing to get out of the city and drive to it. It's miserably hot outside for like 70 days a year. Other than that, at least in North Texas, the weather is fine.

Ted Cruz's stupidity aside, Texas is trending more blue governmentally, and is just a more well run state in general by and large.

I'd rather be here than California, given my experiences in both - that doesn't mean if I could move wherever I wanted I'd choose here.

It doesn't compare to California for a number of reasons, but K. Dot summed it up perfectly for these 3 simple reasons...women, weed, and weather.

If cost of living is the basis for your argument which it seems like it is, well you gotta pay the cost to be the boss. No state has a better trio of major cities than LA, SD, and SF. LA in particular where you can go from the beach to the mountains in 2.5 hrs, redwoods, great national parks, politics, etc. It's not close.

Texas, 100%.

But let's not act like California is a beacon for how state government should be run.

California's major mistake was how they reopened which was a disaster. Texas has an awful governor that wants to make sure Trump won't tweet at him. No excuse for him not letting local counties implement mask orders. I agree with you though.

Back
Top Bottom