Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

If we get a top 3 pick it should be
1, Zion
2. Trade up for Zion
3. Trade up for Zion
:lol: at this point Fiz should already be incorporating him into the offense :rofl:
(If you can't tell, this is a joke I've never seen anything other than highlight vids of any of the top prospects)

If we get a top 3 pick it should be
1, Zion
2. Trade up for Zion
3. Trade up for Zion
:lol: at this point Fiz should already be incorporating him into the offense :rofl:
(If you can't tell, this is a joke I've never seen anything other than highlight vids of any of the top prospects)
That's a great question.

If we end up with anything other than the 1st.

What package can realistically be put for the 1st to pick up Zion? If that was indeed the overall 1st and pur future.

my guess would be to give up a future first... so if we get 3rd pick would have to trade that and a future first round pick to swap for #1... it would only suck if that year we are garbage and have to trade that pick... but i guess you have to take that risk lol

If we don’t get a top 3 pick we need to trade our pick at all costs. There’s a huge drop off after that and I’m not with drafting another role player.

Go after a all star caliber player and try to unload THJ/Lee’s contract.

So in Euro league theres no goaltending.

- Did we, as Knicks, HAVE to be the one to lose a game in that fashion over there ?

So someone set me skrait man

If we get a top 3 , we going with either

Zion - freakish athlete
Ja morant - dynamic guard
Rj barrett - do it all dukey

Is that correct?

I dont think we could go wrong with any of these dudes

I"d be happy with that top 3 at the moment, but it's beginning to feel like how badly I wanted Luka... that we're just not going to get the pick and Zion will ball out ASAP.

Gotta take in consideration the amount of extra games we’ll win when KP plays 20 mpg from March to April.

24867115-A89C-4549-BFB8-640199207AF8.jpeg

We need to stay in the bottom 2. Can't risk falling to 7-9.

I don’t think we need to trade our pick if we don’t get a top 3. A rookie is still a rookie. Drafting Cam Reddish would be better than trading our pick for a player with multi years on their deal. This is the whole point of rebuilding, not to trade picks for players like we have in the past.

Na this draft is very weak. Cam would be a 10-12 pick in other drafts. I watch 75% of Duke games and he’s very very inconsistent. Too many red flags, just doesn’t have it. This isn’t a Wendell Carter Jr being outshadowed by Marvin Bagley situation.

If a Lillard type deal is available I’m taking it.

:smh: Gonna be a fan of this kids regardless if we getem.

I want us get the 1 or 3 pick. Cause I think Barret will for sure go #2 over Ja.

I think RJ and Knox is redundant. But if we fall in the 2 spot I feel like they may go with Barrett being the best available.

RJ Barret may have a better individual stat career, but Ja is exactyl what the Knicks need.

A dynamic, explosive, firey PG.

ya its not like we trading our draft pick for another player... we would be trading our draft pick to move up... problem is might have to give up a future first

I actually like Garland even with the meniscus tear, but yea after that not a fan of anyone else to compensate us for a tank season.

This is such a huge offseason for us.

The more I look at how they sorted the odds, the more it starts to make no sense to me. I understand it’s supposed to deter from tanking, but best odds are for the 5th pick for the worst team? I don’t see how that helps parity in the long run.

I understand it’s supposed to deter from tanking, but best odds are for the 5th pick for the worst team?

They're terrible. Which is why I pushed for Ws and didnt want to tank this year. Feels like a year where some team in the 10-14 range will get the #1 pick. The odds seem to be in favor of teams that dont tank (aka teams that dont suck as much).

If this is how this draft is gonna be from now on then it really isnt ever gonna be in any team's favor to tank.

With the draft odds, I think it actually makes teams tank harder for that #1 worst record slot. That is the only guarantee of a top 5 pick. The rest of the odds are a crap shoot and BS imo. I would hate to be one of the worst teams and receive a pick outside the top 5. Really forces teams to hit on their picks too. One wrong pick and it would set the team back at least another two years.

If this is how this draft is gonna be from now on then it really isnt ever gonna be in any team's favor to tank.

That’s the whole point. The league doesn’t want tanking. So basically if you’re the Cavs or Knicks, you still want to win, bc having the worst record doesn’t increase your chances of the #1 pick anymore.

Back
Top Bottom