Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

Y'all basketball opinions are really putrid.

Now he has no playmaking skills. Same dudes that thought Frank was gonna be J. Kidd x Giannis.

How many times have I said I'm not even crazy about us signing him like that? I just want y'all to actually start watching basketball so you can have educated opinions instead of saying the stupid **** that y'all do.

This is why fans love trolling and poking fun at Knicks fans...some of y'all just be saying flat out dumb stuff.

Hype up Frank and hate on the leading scorer in the NBA. Just straight ignorance.

Comparing Kemba to Marbury and asking if they ever made the playoffs? Like come on....
I said above that Kemba is good (not Marbury) and I’m not a Frank truther.

He’s simply not right for this team though.

nick. nick. I respect your opinion......

Do you honestly believe we're only 1 month into the rebuild? Because we've been "rebuilding" (keeping picks, tryna get FAs despite no one major signing here, unintentionally tanking) for some years now.

2015: 17-65 = 4th pick (Kristaps Porzingis)
2016: 32-50 = 7th pick (Jamal Murray*)
2017: 31-51 = 8th pick (Frank Ntilikina)
2018: 29-53 = 9th pick (Kevin Knox)

One side of the coin:
What's different now? From what I see we still suck, still winning ~30 games, still getting picks in the 7-10 range, still drafting no pieces that move the needle. This summer when we get another 7th pick, everything in our rebuild will fall on if we sign a major FA or not. Because when we get the 7th pick again to draft another role player and when we miss on every FA and overpay some injury prone bum, we can forget about "tanking" ever again and say hello to more 30 win seasons.

Other side of the coin:
KP comes back healthy. Is a clear cut all star, all our bum draft picks improve due to his presence. We sign some middle tier FAs (Rozier?Middleton?) and go forward from there. Keep adding pieces to a core of whatever we have at the moment and hope one of our draft picks turns into a borderline all star.

Last edited:
the major difference between this year and years past is that the organization is actually trying to develop talent. in prior years, we were trying to be competitive, but we just flat out sucked. Phil's tenure was a major failure. they didn't bring in Rose and Noah to tank. it just didn't work out. we ended up with KP because that was the season that Melo sat out like half the season with the shoulder injury. we've just been bad since then. this year, we're letting young guys play. that's why we have one of the youngest rosters in the league, if not the youngest.

Trolling bro, just trolling

This Kemba, Stephon, Steve comparison is ridiculous. Might as well compare Magic and Steph Curry.

In your opinion what is different about their games then... so far not one of you have stated any information about how the three of them play a completely different style of basketball at the PG position except for the

"absurd :smh::smh::rofl::rofl:" type nonsense

I'm talking about actual on the court game.. Not drunk Francis or Vaseline eating Marbury

EDIT
Looking at their wikis I could why y’all saying what you say.. especially if you weren’t watching basketball back then

Francis really had a DROSE like drop off.. after he left the Rockets
Marbury I’m the other hand became a Knick

Last edited:
I think this is the first year of the 'real/official' rebuild.

2015 we sure as hell tanked.

2016 & 2017 we tried to maximize Melo's last few years here which obviously backfired. Being bad =/= tanking or rebuilding.

Last summer was the first summer in a long time where we prioritized the future. Us not even being involved in trade rumors for stars makes it known that Perry/Mills/Fizdale are here for the long haul. This is what it's gonna be like for the foreseeable future unless we land a star next summer.

man these recent turn of events :lol:

Hey Knicks!

Never change ! Straight clowns of the NBA. The only reason the Knicks are a franchise is so other teams have something to laugh at . We are the recurring joke, the common denominator, the easy targets !

We start Kanter guarantee his big dumb smile is back. No more pouty pouty from Mr. my nips get hard . Ol’ silly *** fake numbers fake hustle *** sunna beach.

Mitch fouling too much? How bout help him out fam. Give that man some pointers. You the coach , not Rasheed Wallace, not Chauncey Billups, not freaking Bernard King .

Culture WAS changing. Now we just out here getting butt checked by Orlando twice in a week. Yeah we suck as a team but so do the Nets and they scrap and claw every night. This team seemingly thinks theyre too cool for school some nights and that pisses me off. I understand getting beat because the other team is better but this recent slide just exposed a lot.

Yall watching the rest of the season ? New starting lineup every 5 games ? Seemingly no adjustments or new wrinkles offensively defensively?

Theres losing like a good young promising team, then theres losing like a young team.

Fiz said "I'm just tryna see how different lineups perform at this point". AT THIS POINT. Lmaoooo dudes gave up 15 games into the season.

7D5159C9-593B-4823-9DA9-E7F864AF6A7E.jpeg

Let’s go

Back
Top Bottom