Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

Memphis is interested in signing Joakim Noah, yet supposedly the only reason he was stretched was because no one was interested.

Take this L Perry Mills :smh:

Trade Frank and Lee for Beal. Play Beal and THJ together idgaf.

Well for Grizzlies, hes not coming along with a $17M contract anymore

That's basically what it comes down to.

Like, I'd be interested in trading for John Wall if we didn't have to pay him $40M+/year.

I’m convinced some of y’all don't even watch basketball. Just come in here and post foolishness daily.

Steph is one of the greatest players ever, yes...that doesn’t mean parts of his game aren’t comparable to other players in the league. He’s not God. Jordan is the GOAT that doesn’t mean lesser players weren’t comparable or better rebounders, passers or defenders than him.

“They aren’t in the same ballpark in anyway” faceass. Shut up.

DD34F3F3-1581-477A-84E5-84A7DAC6C445.jpeg 8852A979-72DD-4C61-8190-5C822B3D0784.jpeg

And that was last season. He's having an even better season this year.

2018-19 Season Leaders:

ppg.jpg 3pts.jpg

They are both averaging EXACTLY the same amount of assists at 6.1 a game but Kemba has tallied 20 more in total, due to Steph being out with injury. And Kemba is averaging less turnovers than Steph!

Who should I believe the numbers and professional sports journalists or you?

Last edited:
Idk maybe Kemba elevated his game to another level this season.. but Curry has to fall off for him and Kemba to be in the same category

If Kemba and Curry are in the same tier.. then the Hornets shouldn’t have any problem becoming a mid tier Eastern Conference playoff team at seasons end. I’m talking 4-6 seed

Don’t be prisoners of the moment guys. Kemba is in a contract year. He never led any team to anything. He’s no where near Steph Curry.

It's possible to think Kemba Walker is an all-star level talent but also not want to pay him $35M/year.

I’m not saying Kemba is Steph curry level or that we should sign him to a max contract.

Just showing that they are similar in certain facets of their game.

Whose running the front office in Washington? Possible to finesse them? Feel like they’ll get some real good offers for Beal.

Lakers probably have the best shot at landing one of them. They have a lot of good young pieces like Ingram that they’re trying to get rid of anyway.

I’d be ecstatic if we could finesse Beal somehow tho.

Wall is a cancer who folds in crunch time. Beal and KP would be :nthat:

After thinking about it for 30 seconds, I rather trade Knox for Oubre if that deal is on the table.

Nah, Oubre is gonna get paid this summer. Can't have him taking up cap space.

Why you so sour on Knox after 10 games?

Nah, Oubre is gonna get paid this summer. Can't have him taking up cap space.

Why you so sour on Knox after 10 games?

I’m just surprised we’re losing this much. Zero improvement from one of our supposed “cornerstones” in Frank and he’s been given every opportunity. I’ll give him till year 3 though. I’m done with Fiz too, not a fan of his coaching style at all. Young teams should atleast hustle and improve somewhat, yet were getting worse as the season goes on. Knox is all over the place, have you seen actual flashes? I honestly don’t know what he’s good at. Plays the game at 500mph all clumsy. Seems like another rotation player at best. I’ll give him till year 3 obviously too.

At this point I’m just waiting on KPs return. Overall this season so far turned me real pessimistic about our future.

I really like Mitchell though. Oh and Trier should not be starting. I like his defense, but he’s not good enough to score the way he does against other NBA starters. Let him torch opposing benches.

knox a lot of the times has looked like the version of himself at kentucky that i wouldn't have wanted to draft

but he's played like 10 games so im not gonna overreact too much

fiz needs to put the ball in his hands more to make him feel more involved

I’m just surprised we’re losing this much. Zero improvement from one of our supposed “cornerstones” in Frank and he’s been given every opportunity. I’ll give him till year 3 though. I’m done with Fiz too, not a fan of his coaching style at all. Young teams should atleast hustle and improve somewhat, yet were getting worse as the season goes on. Knox is all over the place, have you seen actual flashes? I honestly don’t know what he’s good at. Plays the game at 500mph all clumsy. Seems like another rotation player at best. I’ll give him till year 3 obviously too.

At this point I’m just waiting on KPs return. Overall this season so far turned me real pessimistic about our future.

Bro we’re supposed to be trash, Fiz changing up the line ups and THJR jacking shots all game are for a reason. Have you not watched? We’re usually in the game till the 4th qtr and that’s with this super trash team. We’re playing for a lottery draft pick PERIOD.

As far as Knox, I can see what type of player he was in UK, he’s the type that can do anything but if he’s not super involved in the offense he’ll disappear while he’s on the court. He doesn’t naturally demand or assert himself during the game. Now if he can turn that off he can be a decent player, the problem is, is THJR. He’s just doing the most, while he is playing well he’s killing the flow and ruining player development. He’s not a first option or a closer, he’s a role player on a awful team getting reps like a star.

Once they trade him, we’ll see what Knox is about. Fiz also has to run more offensive sets, he just wants to see the guys compete from a grit standpoint which is fine if your trying to develop that style. But he needs to do more outside of putting us in a position to win games because he’s been told not to.

I don’t understand how you could watch games this season and say THJ is the problem. He’s been the lone brightspot this season and I hate his chucking ***. Also, any coach that purposely loses is a loser in my book and I wouldn’t want that kind of coach near any team. Fiz doesn’t purposely lose games. You never want to get a young team used to losing.

I don’t understand how you could watch games this season and say THJ is the problem. He’s been the lone brightspot this season and I hate his chucking ***. Also, any coach that purposely loses is a loser in my book and I wouldn’t want that kind of coach near any team. Fiz doesn’t purposely lose games. You never want to get a young team used to losing.

Do you know what tanking is? Have you seen any of these players on Duke? You think we win 30 games and missing playoffs makes us better next year? Have you not seen that porter jr kid? Have you not seen what Philly’s, Sacramento, or even the Bucks done? I want them to win a championship too before I die, but you don’t do it overnight. We gotta be torn down before we’re built back up. Right now we’re at the brink of being torn down. As long as THJR contract and Lee’s contracts are on the books we’re not officially torn down. We need a reset as a franchise. If you disagree with that go cheer for team that’s playing winning basketball b.

Do you know what tanking is? Have you seen any of these players on Duke? You think we win 30 games and missing playoffs makes us better next year? Have you not seen that porter jr kid? Have you not seen what Philly’s, Sacramento, or even the Bucks done? I want them to win a championship too before I die, but you don’t do it overnight. We gotta be torn down before we’re built back up. Right now we’re at the brink of being torn down. As long as THJR contract and Lee’s contracts are on the books we’re not officially torn down. We need a reset as a franchise. If you disagree with that go cheer for team that’s playing winning basketball b.

I've been in this thread for 10 years now. Yes i do know what tanking is and seen us **** up countable rebuilds by trading picks. Arm chair GM over here lmao. We've unintentionally done it for 3 years in a row and still suck. Do you not understand that with the new rules it doesn't matter how many losses we have? Do you not know our luck? We lose every coin flip and if we have the worst record in the league we will most likely get the 5th pick (50% chance of that).

Now this aint math class, but this **** aint adding up.

Every year its the same ****. We gotta tank we gotta tank we gotta tank. Then we end up with some pick in the 7-10 range and miss. Holy ******* **** are we lucky that we lost that coin flip and drafted KP, because everyone here was saying lets draft Okafor (we were projected for a top 3 pick). Do you not see that center at Duke?!?!? Then we wanted to draft WINSLOW LMFAO and let me not forget the "we need a PG man WTF how do we not draft Mudiay".

What about last year? Last year everyone said lets tank! TANK TANK TANK that there's one of the greatest PG prodigies ever in Fultz. Perfect year to tank, I agree. Dude, imagine we didnt win an extra 3 games and got the #1 pick and Fultz was a Knick? He'd kill himself by now and our fan base would never want to tank again.

You gotta hit on the pick. No one is ever guaranteed to be a star. We lucked out big time with KP because everyone in that years top 5 was projected to be real real good. I love Zion and RJ, and if the draft rules were different where we were GUARANTEED a top 3 pick, i'd be all over it. But this year? Hell no.

Last edited:
Well unintentionally tanking and development tanking are simply not the same thing. We’ve done what the Kings have done. Sign vets, play old guys over young guys, trade picks. No coincidence we are Kings East.

Back
Top Bottom