Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

, we were talking about who we can realistically acquire
I wasn't. I asked what was up with your obsession.

If we just going by the next free agency in 2019 I wouldn't sign any of them.

Rather sign some other undrafted pg or look to the draft.

No reason to spend on Kemba if we got are eyes on actual superstars first. Nice story if he came but that it.

Why settle?

Last edited:
I wasn't. I asked what was up with your obsession.

If we just going by the next free agency in 2019 I wouldn't sign any of them.

Rather sign some other undrafted pg.

No reason to spend on Kemba if we got are eyes on actual superstars first. Nice story if he came but that it.

Why settle?

You'd rather sign "some other undrafted pg"?

"Why settle?"

giphy.gif

So you have no suggestions basically? How is signing an undrafted PG going to help us improve? And how is that not settling?

You're not making any sense man and you keep moving the goalpost in the conversation. Haven't named one pass first/playmaking PG we can realistically sign that will help us improve.

I'm done.

You'd rather sign "some other undrafted pg"?

"Why settle?"

giphy.gif

So you have no suggestions basically? How is signing an undrafted PG going to help us improve? And how is that not settling?

You're not making any sense man.

I'm done.
A young pg as in undrafted or just look to the draft.

If you don't like the players available just look to get better at a different position.

With this team currently I'm not pressed to get a more experienced yet way more expensive pg.

You think Kemba's worth it. I don't.

Last edited:
I swear we was all good until about the Washington game or the Bulls game,

Ever since, we’ve been more divided than a middle school prom .

I wont ponder future moves, but my take on the current situation is that we suck.

Glad we’re Top 5 right now in terms of drafting.

Only downside is that losing is gonna desteoy the team morale. And as much preachers as Fiz has on the staff, there always comes a point where that “lets go out and compete” stuff goes in one ear out the other.

Guys are clearly frustrated and flustered out there. not sure whats going to happen but yeah offensively we are about as complex as the blonde with big tetas . Burke isos and Kanter clean ups makes up the offense most nights. we suck but what can ya do.

Defensively I am dissapointed. This particular game the refs took out Knox n Mitch themselves but the lack of rotation sucks. This new NBA is all about defending the 3 and weve been sucky.

We just suck. But its OK. I just dont want the Sucking to break down the young guys mentally , but hopefully Fizdale prepared to suck and got his speeches lined up accordingly. Because if he didnt see this suckiness coming, then boy oh boy what a season tis will be.

I love the back and forth in this thread. More competitive in here than Frank. I think it’s time we call it. Frank really isn’t gonna be in the league much longer. Other than his age and measurements (pause) giving him somewhat of a reason to hang around, he’s shown absolutely no improvement. He’s Darko 2.0. Played well overseas, had/has a ton of potential, but just not meant for the NBA.

Knox is just as much a project as Frank, just in different areas of the game.

I thought everyone was cool with patience?

Knox has shown flashes in the last few games. I still think he’s gonna be good.

And Frank has been unsustainably bad so he’s gotta improve at some point lol

Knox is just as much a project as Frank, just in different areas of the game.

I thought everyone was cool with patience?

the difference between Knox and Frank is that Knox is out there looking like he actually needs to learn how the NBA game is played. he's shown flashes of everything we say at UK, and he just needs to adjust to the grown man league. Frank, on the other hand, still thinks 1 + 1 = 11. no one can confidently say that he's actually improved since last season. yeah he's young and still needs development, but how long are we going to wait? at this pace, he'll learn how to play by the time he's 30. i honestly think its confidence, and you can't teach that. the game won't just get easier for him. its extremely apparent that he lacks confidence, because his first instinct is to get rid of the ball. idk maybe because he plays for NY, but he seems to feel some unnecessary pressure. no one is asking him to average 25 and 7. maybe he needs to go to a smaller market team, where he isn't under a microscope.

Curry is pass first? Comparable to John Stockton???

Kobe and Pau took care of PG duties??? A Center and one of the most selfish players in NBA history? Not Odom and Fisher?

What the hell am I reading here?

tenor.gif

You know Kemba is averaging over 6 assists a game right? Who's passing the ball? He is...he's a PG? WTH?

I'm not even gung-ho on signing Kemba like that...but y'all are saying some ridiculous things right now :lol:

You can simply decide to switch between the Shaq led Lakers and the Kobe led Lakers.. If you actually watched how they played including the years Odom was there.. Kobe and Pau were the facilitators on offense. Since Kobe's roll was to be a score first, primary shooter on offense.. you don't see him as an actual facilitator. The team as structured did not have a short pass first pg.. Some games it was Odom.. some games it was Pau and some games it was believe it or not Kobe handling the facilitating on offense

Secondly.. have you ever watched John Stockton play.. Watched Utah's pick 'n roll offense
Thirdly.. I clearly stated that Curry is a hybrid.. who's skillset on offense is so deadly.. that you no longer see him as a primary facilitator for the GSW
Let's take his 30ft threes.. what does that do on offense.. It stretches the defense much further away from the basket creating more space for pick plays.. giving Curry the orchestrator of those threes more options to pass the ball

Which is what Kidd did with his fast break runs.. Which is why Kidd focused on getting the defensive rebound in his hands as soon as possible

the difference between Knox and Frank is that Knox is out there looking like he actually needs to learn how the NBA game is played. he's shown flashes of everything we say at UK, and he just needs to adjust to the grown man league. Frank, on the other hand, still thinks 1 + 1 = 11. no one can confidently say that he's actually improved since last season. yeah he's young and still needs development, but how long are we going to wait? at this pace, he'll learn how to play by the time he's 30. i honestly think its confidence, and you can't teach that. the game won't just get easier for him. its extremely apparent that he lacks confidence, because his first instinct is to get rid of the ball. idk maybe because he plays for NY, but he seems to feel some unnecessary pressure. no one is asking him to average 25 and 7. maybe he needs to go to a smaller market team, where he isn't under a microscope.

Man I love that 1+1 = 11 reference.. Never quite got it until I learned HTML5

Sad thing is we were like the only team in the top 10 to workout Mitchell. I could care less about DSJ, he’s another PG that doesn’t move the needle at all, it’s Mitchell who we actually worked out and liked and didn’t draft. That’s the real strike out.

There are seasons where Stockton averaged more the double the assists Steph did and Steph is in a super assist friendly system.

They are not comparable.

Final seconds of Game 7 of the NBA Finals he did this:

DescriptiveLargeChimpanzee-size_restricted.gif

He's not a pass first pure PG by any means definition or comparison. He does that type of stuff often.

And we're talking about playmaking, "pass first PG's" not sure how you even dragged Kobe and Pau into this. Might as well call Jordan Pass first too.

Like I said if you have top 15 player, they will create passing opportunities, other than that, you need a star PG to bring it all together. Word to the Showtime Lakers, Bad Boy Pistons and Jason Kidd's 9 assists a game bringing the Mavs together and allowing Dirk to finally flourish.

Last edited:
Sad thing is we were like the only team in the top 10 to workout Mitchell. I could care less about DSJ, he’s another PG that doesn’t move the needle at all, it’s Mitchell who we actually worked out and liked and didn’t draft. That’s the real strike out.

Yeah I don't care for DSJ, Think he is overrated anyways. Mitchell is the one that hurts.

Frank is a ****. When he went to do that layup and just took the block and the abuse afterwards like a lil bish :smh:

Just nevermind.. You will literally NOT READ anything I've posted and reply to STATEMENTS I did NOT make.. Let's just keep things rolling forward

Anyways.. I've always liked Kemba on the Knicks.. all they need now is a Capela/Chandler like center. Too bad Frank isn't 6'9 maybe he still has one growth spurt left in him

Just nevermind.. You will literally NOT READ anything I've posted and reply to STATEMENTS I did NOT make.. Let's just keep things rolling forward

Anyways.. I've always liked Kemba on the Knicks.. all they need now is a Capela/Chandler like center. Too bad Frank isn't 6'9 maybe he still has one growth spurt left in him

Son wateryew talking about

Back
Top Bottom