Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

Why are you changing the narrative :lol:

Mario Chalmers is not a pass first PG nor is Kyrie nor is Steph nor is Tony Parker

It's ok to be wrong champ
Neither is Derek Fisher.

I don't think you read my post right AT ALL if you think I said Kyrie or Steph are pass first pgs :lol: I said the exact opposite.

You talking about the last 6 years as if multiple teams with pgs who are "dynamic" and score first have won the championships.

Look at the last 6 years and who has won.

You're right, it's okay to be wrong son.

I'm all tank right now. A win against the Magic does nothing for our future

New draft rules are trash. If rules stayed the same then sure team tank all the way. With the new rules I’m not ok with having the worst record in the league with a 50% chance of getting a 5th pick. Hell no.

We need to build and learn how to win. Live with the pick we get. Not tank then be dissappointed with our position.

a9TpuJR.gif

Thinking back to the last championships..

Curry a dual threat pg.. Curry at heart is pass first like Nash and Kidd.. He just scores so much more fluid than either of them that it doesn’t seem that way.. Think of let’s say John Stockton with the ultimate green lite

Then there’s Kyrie. Lebron on was the pg if that team.. another duel threat that’s so efficient at scoring that you don’t call him a pass first pg

Before that .. the Heatles.. Again Lebron..
Let’s see before that.. There were the Spurs, umm Dallas.. um

Lakers Kobe and Pau took care of the pg duties

So what it breaks down too if is your pg isn’t pass first, then either player shares the playmaking duties or you have a system built on everyone moving the ball see Spurs

Who’s passing the rock with Kemba as another primary scorer... Honestly I like Kemba but you gotta build the team differently with him as your Pg plus is he willing to only take 20mil when he can get almost twice that amount

Curry is pass first? Comparable to John Stockton???

Kobe and Pau took care of PG duties??? A Center and one of the most selfish players in NBA history? Not Odom and Fisher?

What the hell am I reading here?

tenor.gif

You know Kemba is averaging over 6 assists a game right? Who's passing the ball? He is...he's a PG? WTH?

I'm not even gung-ho on signing Kemba like that...but y'all are saying some ridiculous things right now :lol:

Last edited:
With the amount of scoring that happens today the old school definition of “pass first” goes out the window.

I love PGs like prime Kidd, Rubio, Stockton, Rondo, etc but today your PG gotta be able to able to score at a high level.

I know you ain't referring to Golden State and then all of the other teams/players that try to copy that and failed.

For the past 6 years it has LITERALLY been a LeBron led team, Golden State who have changed the game, and the Spurs.

You telling me Mario Chalmers is a dynamic pg?

**** outta here with that craziness. And if you wanna give Kyrie props fine but they had to come back from 3-1.

Spurs

Pass first pg does not mean the pg can't score.

Chris Paul proves this.

How is Tony Parker a "pass first PG" and Kemba is just a scorer...yet Kemba is averaging more assists than TP did in his last championship season and the season before that?....

With the amount of scoring that happens today the old school definition of “pass first” goes out the window.

I love PGs like prime Kidd, Rubio, Rondo, etc but today your PG gotta be able to able to score at a high level.

They have to!

That was the whole point of removing the hand check and zone defense and stressing freedom of movement.

PG's have to be scoring threats in this new NBA. That's why so many players under 6'4" have been MVPs for the first time since those rules were implemented. Space and pace is king now, making fast, skilled ballhandling and scoring PGs the most important players in the league.

Premiere wings like Booker and Beal can't lead a team like Steve Smith and Mitch Richmond could back in the day. You need that scoring threat to break down defenses, create space for others and set up drive & kick/dropoff opportunities. Just look at how the Warriors have been struggling since Steph got injured. Without the threat of his outside shot and slashing, it's easy for defenders to lock in on Klay & KD, 2 of the best wings in league history.

Curry’s not necessarily “pass first” (that’s dated terminology) but he’s an high level playmaker for sure.

I don’t think you need a pass first PG but If your PG isn’t going to be a playmaker above all you need another guy on the roster to be the primary ball handler whether it’s Lebron or Giannis or whomever

Kemba = Steph as far as playmaking.

They're almost identical in that respect. It's neither of their first instincts, they're both score first guards and both make some bad passes that truly elite passers like CP3 or J. Kidd would never make. But they are competent enough passers and combined with their deadly scoring ability, they make great modern PGs.

The **** wrong with Frank. Layed that up like a ***** and took that block like he was scared.

You're saying a bunch of gibberish but you still haven't told me who are these great pass first point guards in the league are today?

What pass first PG do you want us to sign that's better than Kemba?

We've tanked for 3 years now, yet are being washed again by the Orlando ******* Magic lmao. This team is 5 years away from being 5 years away.

I love PGs like prime Kidd, Rubio, Stockton, Rondo, etc but today your PG gotta be able to able to score at a high level.
When I said it I had Chris Paul and JKidd in mind. Not no ******* Charlie Ward :lol:

Obviously they can score but these point guards literally make the players around them better.

Maybe dudes wouldn't have been so hurt if I had said playmaker for a oh than pass first.
You're saying a bunch of gibberish but you still haven't told me who are these great pass first point guards in the league are today?

What pass first PG do you want us to sign that's better than Kemba?
If we could I'd take Chris Paul right now.

Kyle Lowry, Jrue Holliday, Jeff Teague, Trae Young, etc. Probably Dragic too.

If you don't understand just say so. I'll explain it.

Last edited:
All this PG talk is pointless considering you need at least two SUPERSTARS to win in today's NBA. If one of those superstar players happen to be at PG great, if not you'll be able to win with someone who can score and not screw you over too much defensively. All the SUPERSTARS in the league today can distribute, score from anywhere on the floor, and run the offense through them when it matters most deeming the "pass first PG" not necessary on contending teams. Having an offensive threat at the 1 is more vital to a contending team than being a distributor when the superstar players on the team already facilitate the offense.

When I said it I had Chris Paul and JKidd in mind. Not no ****ing Charlie Ward :lol:

Obviously they can score but these point guards literally make the players around them better.

Maybe dudes wouldn't have been so hurt if I had said playmaker for a oh than pass first.

If we could I'd take Chris Paul right now.

Kyle Lowry, Jrue Holliday, Jeff Teagye, Trad Young, etc. Probably Dragic too.

If you don't understand just say so. I'll explain it.

Lowry is signed to 2020
Holiday is signed to 2022
Teague is signed to 2020
Trae Young is on a rookie contract
Dragic signed to 2020 and averages less assists than Kemba

All of these guys just signed contracts, we were talking about who we can realistically acquire.

So no....I do no understand WTH you're talking about.

Back
Top Bottom