**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Melo might be the most overrated player in the history of basketball. Definitely not a HOF’er. I don’t care how many meaningless gold medals he’s won.
He'll EASILY get in as he should, this won't sit well with people but T-Mac got in. Most of his stats and field goal % aren't better than Melo's not to mention the gold medals and the national championship in college.
He'll be 9th on the all-time scoring list if he can average 13 points over the next two regular seasons.

Insane that Melo could be 9th on the all time scoring list. It's easy to forget he's been a career 20-25ppg scorer cause he gets criticized so much

Fam Trae and luka have played one game in the league :lol:

The reason some are giddy on Trae young has little to do with box score numbers from summer league or damn preseason or their first regular season game, it’s where they project to be in year 2 year 3 etc

You know how many young guys were inefficient as rookies? Come on lol
Fully aware. I guess I just feel as though he’s never shown on any level that he can be a good shooter or an efficient player, and that’s on top of him being small and an awful defender. Doesn’t seem like a successful combination of things to me, and I don’t really see why I should assume that all of that will change going into the future.

He IS skilled and has great vision, so there will certainly be some games where he can put it all together and go off. More often than not though, I think we are going to see nights similar to last.

Idk y but it kills me everytime I see that picture of Ludacris going up the escalator :lol: ...glad u enjoyed tho wo, its always live... wavycrocket wavycrocket n em came down for some homecoming stuff last weekend and they always talking bout they dont wanna go back cuz they not done with the biddies :lol:

BC162F67-E6F8-41D4-9787-8B803A0CFF9C.gif

@leemelone grab a thottie and go watch the Tra3Way show while you in town :pimp:

Insane that Melo could be 9th on the all time scoring list. It's easy to forget he's been a career 20-25ppg scorer cause he gets criticized so much

I think everybody recognizes Melo has been a great scorer but that's all he been. His overall game never really improved after 2009. He was a good rebounder but no defense, don't know how to play with other good players.

Fully aware. I guess I just feel as though he’s never shown on any level that he can be a good shooter or an efficient player, and that’s on top of him being small and an awful defender. Doesn’t seem like a successful combination of things to me, and I don’t really see why I should assume that all of that will change going into the future.

He IS skilled and has great vision, so there will certainly be some games where he can put it all together and go off. More often than not though, I think we are going to see nights similar to last.

He's another victim of ESPN. They hyped to the moon as the next Steph then when he fell off a lot of people started killing him (not saying you) so it's like anything less than being great he's a not living up. They shoulda never put that "next Steph" tag on him. Just let him be who he is. Steph is something we've never seen as a shooter.

What's the current pay rate for g league players as of right now?

NEW YORK, April 17, 2018 – The NBA G League announced today the salaries for the 2018-19 season: players under NBA G League contracts will earn a base salary of $7,000 per month – or $35,000 – for the five-month regular season.

In addition to their salaries, players under NBA G League contracts will continue to have the opportunity to earn additional money through affiliate player bonuses and NBA Call-Ups. This season, about one quarter of players under NBA G League contracts also earned an average of $44,000 in NBA affiliate player bonuses – a total of more than $3 million on top of their NBA G League salaries. A record 50 NBA G League players earned a record 60 GATORADE Call-Ups to the NBA this season, generating earnings of more than $11 million, or approximately $225,000 per player.

The NBA G League also pays bonuses to players on NBA G League playoff teams and to those recognized as end-of-season performance award winners. The league awarded more than $225,000 in bonus money this season.

Further, in accordance with the NBA and National Basketball Players Association collective bargaining agreement, NBA players will continue to be able to enter into two-way contracts. NBA two-way players will earn $77,250, prorated for days spent on an NBA G League roster, and the NBA rookie minimum salary, prorated for the days with their NBA team, for maximum potential earnings of $385,000 next season.

125k is just the start, hope the league can use this to build momentum and start to chip away at NCAA dominance.

What they need to figure out is how to ensure 17-18-19 year olds who are fresh out of high school making 125k and only having to work 5 months a year dont get off track in life. University sports teams do a lot more than just providing a team and platform for kids to play sports.

125k is just the start, hope the league can use this to build momentum and start to chip away at NCAA dominance.

What they need to figure out is how to ensure 17-18-19 year olds who are fresh out of high school making 125k and only having to work 5 months a year dont get off track in life. University sports teams do a lot more than just providing a team and platform for kids to play sports.

Chances are these select kids will be represented by the top agents who will make sure no one gets sidetracked

Forget the NCAA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom