**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who slowing simmons down tonight lol dude bout to cook

Triple dub on the way with 25 pts 11 reb 10 assist

Sabonis might really be as good or better than Myles, smh

Thon a healthy scratch, pascal is everything he should have been for a 25 year old sophomore

So could a high school kid sign with the LA Defenders for 125k a year, play a year then go straight to the Lakers without needing to enter the draft and risk getting drafted by a garbage team?

Knew someone would have a smart reply like that lolol

Zach starboy is in my DFS lineup. Like him a lot tonight with bobby p

He’s a male groupie with no dignity who just hops on whoever’s popular at any given time.

02B03C5B-E35A-4438-85A3-B08144662865.jpeg
ED50F1CF-7743-4B7E-954F-C48CB6F578BE.jpeg
06842E4E-6AC6-4CB7-A2AB-2C62543A533C.jpeg
9FC20E1A-B997-4030-9EE1-62DEC8460DE2.jpeg

So could a high school kid sign with the LA Defenders for 125k a year, play a year then go straight to the Lakers without needing to enter the draft and risk getting drafted by a garbage team?

Wait what? Is this a real path to actually choosing the team you want to play for?

Wait what? Is this a real path to actually choosing the team you want to play for?
Thats what I'm wondering. If you can use the GLeague to bypass the draft and play for any team then it more than makes up for missing out on all the extra curriculars you get as a college star.

Play in the GLeague for 5 months so you can spend the next 5 years of your career in NY or LA as opposed to Cleveland is a great trade

Well said by Woj. Alot of top kids are still gonna go to college but this is a big step by the G-league. Another reason to go to the college as opposed to the g-league is the risk of hurting your draft stock. Alot of college kids are drafted high because they dominate other college kids. In the G-league, they'd be going up against grown men every night and may not look as good. Not to mention, big schools are still gonna pay more than $125k :lol::lol::lol:

I disagree.

The likelihood of your stock being affected is low. This is ain’t for everyone. Plus European guys get drafted putting up low numbers all the time. Frank Roberson averaged 2 in the euro league and was a lottery pick. Last summer Michael porter was a top 15 pick with no back bones.

Yams are abundant everywhere. Women busting open for Instagram get ya clout up.

Accommodations vary but I was at a power 5 school last summer dropping one of my youngins off and it was basically a trap house in the middle of no where.
Those guys were hidden . Its harder to hide in the D league. Since there’s scouts every game Well porter should have went top 5

I guess, yeah.

But what caliber of player is this kid?

If he's a blue chip talent going to Duke or Kentucky is still more appealing/the smarter move because if he goes the $125k Southbay Lakers route, the Lakers are under very little financial pressure/obligation to treat this kid like a lottery pick in terms of giving him opportunity and playing time unless he shows that he can really play very early on.

And like Woj said earlier, if he goes to an elite college program, he's gonna get paid anyway, right?

I disagree.

The likelihood of your stock being affected is low. This is ain’t for everyone. Plus European guys get drafted putting up low numbers all the time. Frank Roberson averaged 2 in the euro league and was a lottery pick. Last summer Michael porter was a top 15 pick with no back bones.

Yams are abundant everywhere. Women busting open for Instagram get ya clout up.

Accommodations vary but I was at a power 5 school last summer dropping one of my youngins off and it was basically a trap house in the middle of no where.
Rather spend a year on the DC G league team making a 100K than living in Lawrence, Kansas

Those guys were hidden . Its harder to hide in the D league. Since there’s scouts every game Well porter should have went top 5

Hidden only because they were behind grown men, essentially the same thing will happen in the G league. Scouts have access to synergy and travel. No one is truly hidden. They found Giannis playing in the second level in Greece. The world is small

Don't see how anyone can be so skeptical about Luka. Dude is the youngest MVP in the 2nd best League in the world, has great size and basketball IQ. His athleticism isn't anywhere near elite but it's not so limited that it holds him back in the NBA. Hawks done goofed with that trade

“Second best league in world” as if that ******** hold weight it means nothing in the nba. Luka looked like **** after them 6 minutes no flash or anything just trash. Hawks did right passing on his *** and you can bet we gone pull receipts when Luka is nothing more than a role a player with cute passes. He’s on a team with veterans and look like ****. Trae on the other hand is on a team with young players, should’ve had more than 10 assist last night nobody made shots and this is without Collins. Trae ceiling is way higher than Luka fatso.

I guess, yeah.

If he's a blue chip talent going to Duke or Kentucky is still more appealing/the smarter move because if he goes the $125k Southbay Lakers route, the Lakers are under very little financial pressure/obligation to treat this kid like a lottery pick in terms of giving him opportunity and playing time unless he shows that he can really play very early on.

And like Woj said earlier, if he goes to an elite college program, he's gonna get paid anyway, right?
Well it could end up like NBA teams basically signing kids straight out of high school, letting them train and work with the team's trainers to groom them perfectly for the NBA then just roll them out to play in a few GLeague games.

Well said by Woj. Alot of top kids are still gonna go to college but this is a big step by the G-league. Another reason to go to the college as opposed to the g-league is the risk of hurting your draft stock. Alot of college kids are drafted high because they dominate other college kids. In the G-league, they'd be going up against grown men every night and may not look as good. Not to mention, big schools are still gonna pay more than $125k :lol::lol::lol:

I guess, yeah.

Makes a lotta sense for kids that otherwise wouldn't get 125k tho. I imagine they would upgrade the amenities at some point. If they really wanted to, the NBA and d league could destroy NCAA in just a few years

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom