**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Well that what south quickly. Honestly, if Melo has any pride he would just retire. He's like the worst kind of veteran to have on your team. He's not a Dirk Nowitzki type who will mental young guys and he still under the illusion that he's a star player and he demands touches.

sounds like allen iverson

So Ariza really made that much of a difference?

Does Brandon Knight still play?

Houston is Chopped & Scrwed

giphy.gif

I like this video breaking down Covington's defense

My favorite part of the video is when he switches assignments twice in one possession so he'd be the one to guard the pick and roll

What I like about this video is that it shows that Covington is not afraid to switch assignments and guard bigs. It allowed Embiid not to guard the pick and roll at times. If he can help hide Kat in the same manner that'd be a plus.

Have fun with Jimmy, Sixers. I don't think he'll switch assignments with Embiid even once lol

Welcome to Minnesota, RoCo

Last edited:
What are they even discussing with melo :lol:. He's already been reduced to the bench, what other role is there? Might as well have him grab some pom poms and put on a miniskirt at this point

Sidenote..I saw a bleacher report headline the other day that said some like 'the rockets need to start melo in order to maximize his talents' :rofl:

IMO you have to continue to start Taj, with Dario off the bench. I like the trade, you get a first team- defensive player that instantly becomes one of your best 3 guys, and a young guy that can play basketball. I haven't seen Bayless play in forever though? Can anyone tell me if he can still ball?

As I have watched every Wolves game, you had to make a deal after that SAC game, we had 4 unforced turnovers in like 2 minutes smh.

Bayless is useless and will probably get bought out.

I think Dario has been underutilized by the Sixers. He's an underrated playmaker and can setup Town and Wiggins.

Dario brings the hustle and intensity needed for this team (without the aggressive ego). This is my favorite Dario play and this is the type of intensity you can expect from him:

Find yourself someone to love you like Derrick Rose Stans love him
im just stating facts from what I remember. you guys so easily and blindly accept the narratives the masters feed you so I feel its important to remind folks of what actually took place every now and then. definitely a fan of his game tho so if that makes me a stan so be it

im just stating facts from what I remember. you guys so easily and blindly accept the narratives the masters feed you so I feel its important to remind folks of what actually took place every now and then. definitely a fan of his game tho so if that makes me a stan so be it

Nah man the tape doesn’t lie about him as a Knick. He’s playing extremely well because they say he’s been healthy enough to work on his game. Let’s hope he continues to play well this season

I like this video breaking down Covington's defense

My favorite part of the video is when he switches assignments twice in one possession so he'd be the one to guard the pick and roll

What I like about this video is that it shows that Covington is not afraid to switch assignments and guard bigs. It allowed Embiid not to guard the pick and roll at times. If he can help hide Kat in the same manner that'd be a plus.

Have fun with Jimmy, Sixers. I don't think he'll switch assignments with Embiid even once lol

Welcome to Minnesota, RoCo

You will love and hate Cov.

What you will love:
He's so active on defence, videos like what you see there are things he does that does not get shown in the stat sheet. He also has very active hands and those plays where he stops drives and easy buckets saved the Sixers from blowout losses when they couldn't get any momentum on offence (he at least stopped the other team from getting momentum as well).

He a great spot up shooter, he's the 3D prototype you want with a very fair contract.

What will drive you nuts:
For a guy who's great defensively, offensively, he was one of the worst footwork in the league. You will cringe when you see him start to dribble and try to make a play for himself. He sometimes try to play a part bigger than his 3D role and it seldom works.

He's inconsistent on offense. Sometimes you will see that he can't miss an open look, sometimes he can't make anything.

One thing that will also hurt RoCo is that he needs a playmaker to find him, Simmons, TJ, Fultz and Dario was that guy. Rose and Teague are score first PGs, Wigging is tunnel-visioned, so that makes Dario your best playmaker. RoCo needs to play in a system to thrive (Just like Crowder), so I will be a little skeptical about his performance/ fit with the Wolves.

You will love and hate Cov.

What you will love:
He's so active on defence, videos like what you see there are things he does that does not get shown in the stat sheet. He also has very active hands and those plays where he stops drives and easy buckets saved the Sixers from blowout losses when they couldn't get any momentum on offence (he at least stopped the other team from getting momentum as well).

He a great spot up shooter, he's the 3D prototype you want with a very fair contract.

What will drive you nuts:
For a guy who's great defensively, offensively, he was one of the worst footwork in the league. You will cringe when you see him start to dribble and try to make a play for himself. He sometimes try to play a part bigger than his 3D role and it seldom works.

He's inconsistent on offense. Sometimes you will see that he can't miss an open look, sometimes he can't make anything.

One thing that will also hurt RoCo is that he needs a playmaker to find him, Simmons, TJ, Fultz and Dario was that guy. Rose and Teague are score first PGs, Wigging is tunnel-visioned, so that makes Dario your best playmaker. RoCo needs to play in a system to thrive (Just like Crowder), so I will be a little skeptical about his performance/ fit with the Wolves.
Teague and Rose may not be pass first like Simmons, but they are willing passers. RoCo doesn't need to have the ball, that by itself is an improvement because I feel Derrick and Kat has to up their usage rate to thrive

I'm getting excited about the idea of Covington switching assignments with Kat on the fly to keep Kat from guarding the pick and roll. That would help the defense so much.

I wouldn’t listen to anything Amel says about Derrick Rose. Too much bias there.

If anyone else here watched more than 1 game when Rose was a Knick you would know he brought nothing good to the team.

He did bring them a few game winners and won them a few games tho.

So..... ‍♂️

Nah man the tape doesn’t lie about him as a Knick. He’s playing extremely well because they say he’s been healthy enough to work on his game. Let’s hope he continues to play well this season
nah my guy either your lying or your perception is off. he basically has the same stats now that he had that year and he has 15 fga per game this year too as that other misguided poster pointed out

nah my guy either your lying or your perception is off. he basically has the same stats now that he had that year and he has 15 fga per game this year two as that other misguided poster pointed out
Basically same stats because he started off slow..but his game is picking up.

Not including the game where they took him out after 5 minutes for his ankles, he's averaging 30 and 5 on over 50 percent shooting over his last four games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom