**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a bit intellectually dishonest. Second year Jason Kidd had the keys. Lonzo not only has to play with LeBron so his role is completely different and on top of that, there’s the Rondo situation.

It’s true Kidd had the keys. But all that has nothing to do with airball layups airball 3’s and airball midrange. Zo just trash

nbamemes-1541945140622.jpg

Much as I enjoy talking **** about the Lakers, it does appear that they’ve figured some things out defensively and with their rotations. Picking up Tyson gave them a boost. Not saying they’re a Finals threat or anything, but they’re not bad.

West is playing out how I thought it would - Dubs in a class by themselves (when fully healthy) and like 10 other good teams separated by just a few games.

This is a bit intellectually dishonest. Second year Jason Kidd had the keys. Lonzo not only has to play with LeBron so his role is completely different and on top of that, there’s the Rondo situation.

nah They've been championing #2 for being pass first, low usage, not ball dominant blah blah blah. LeBron isn't really hurting him. he wasn't good last year in the half court

Last edited:
Fultz was the best PG prospect coming into the draft since DRose, IMO. What we've been seeing truly is the weirdest **** of all time.

Really hope he can figure it out.

It seems to be a very slow process. But there is progress. It might take all year, it might take next year as well, it might take a change of scenery (although, that hurt Jah and Noel more than it helped them).

I hope he figures it out too, he's really putting in work, however, I notice he shuts down when he makes a mental mistake (like if he causes a turnover). I think playing time does help eventually, but it has to be done right, no need to force him into the starting lineup.

This is how your perspective looks if you think a coach's sole job is to make Derrick Rose look good, not win games. I say that because I know from when you were in the Knicks thread, Amel, that's literally how you think.

Rose got lots of chances on the Knicks and he was awful. When he did have the ball in his hands he was a ball hog who played selfishly, never made plays for his teammates, and got stuffed in the paint constantly while being one of the worst players in the league on defense.

Given this year it seems like he's got some of his athleticism back and worked on his shooting and he's playing wayyyy better. But if you build your team around making him successful you're going to lose a LOT of games. You're not going to maximize your actual young offensive talents and you are going to get cooked by every PG with a pulse.

Thibs is ready to go down with that ship tho.
Derrick averaged 18 ppg on 45 percent shooting the yr he played for you guys. That's about as good as you can expect if the only time he's going to get the ball in the second half is after the ball goes through Justin Holiday and Melo first, and only on late shot clock isos.

If you wanted Derrick to pass, maybe they should've let him play some point in the second half? Lol

And only played 25 minutes while Shamet plays 43 and shoots 1/11 from 3. I need answers, Brett Brown.
I was hella confused off that
TJ had 16 and 7 on 7/8 shooting and controlled the pace of the game the whole time he was in, something Fultz seems incapable of doing. If you want to point to Fultz’s lack of minutes then blame it on Brett Brown playing Shamet 43 minutes while going 2/13 for 5 points.
I was just pointing out something ironic but regardless of TJs play, you're not throwing out a line up with Fultz-TJ-Ben to close a game. But yea idk what Brown was thinking giving Shamet all that run
It seems to be a very slow process. But there is progress. It might take all year, it might take next year as well, it might take a change of scenery (although, that hurt Jah and Noel more than it helped them).

I hope he figures it out too, he's really putting in work, however, I notice he shuts down when he makes a mental mistake (like if he causes a turnover). I think playing time does help eventually, but it has to be done right, no need to force him into the starting lineup.
Forcing him to play with the starters was the right now imo. Having him play off ball as if he was a knock down shooter isn’t. When he’s running the point and Ben is off ball, good things happen. All his best plays came with him running the offense

Having him as the 6th man running the second team and still running point w Embiid (and even Simmons at the 5 lineups) will build his confidence.

I can honestly say that he’ll never be a great catch and shoot guy. He’s need to be in some sort of movement. Whether that’s him stepping into the catch (the shots he took in the Players Tribune video) or his pull ups. Drastically different forms

Rose had terrible shot selection during his time in NY. He could still get to the rim but his decision making was shaky as well.

The numbers look good on paper but he was still figuring himself out and it was often in detriment to the team.

Derrick is playing the same way he did on the Knicks. Taking the same amount of shots. Only difference is he's taking and making more threes and is allowed to run more point so his assists are up. If Derrick has the ball more, he'd have more assists opportunities.

You literally had the same player Knicks. You just didn't use him right.

I was hella confused off that

I was just pointing out something ironic but regardless of TJs play, you're not throwing out a line up with Fultz-TJ-Ben to close a game. But yea idk what Brown was thinking giving Shamet all that run

Forcing him to play with the starters was the right now imo. Having him play off ball as if he was a knock down shooter isn’t. When he’s running the point and Ben is off ball, good things happen. All his best plays came with him running the offense

Having him as the 6th man running the second team and still running point w Embiid (and even Simmons at the 5 lineups) will build his confidence.

I can honestly say that he’ll never be a great catch and shoot guy. He’s need to be in some sort of movement. Whether that’s him stepping into the catch (the shots he took in the Players Tribune video) or his pull ups. Drastically different forms

Brown's lineups are always confusing. He's so stubborn with his lineups, that he doesn't adjust based on the opposing players, nor does he adjust based on how well the players are playing. He seems to have made the minute allocation prior to the game with his coaching staff and sticks to it no matter the outcome. I hate that.

As for Fultz, it does seem like he is best suited to play with the ball. He's shown that he can make things happen when the ball is in his hands, and yes, he is best suited to lead the second unit, especially with Butler being in the lineup.

I am really curious to see if Bolden will start to get some minutes. He played great in 2017 summer league and in Israel, but he looked lost in the 2018 summer league. When I saw him play limited minutes against the Hornets, he seemed like a smart player who knew how to move without the ball and also hit a smooth open 3. If he can live up to his potential, he will make a great Saric replacement as a high IQ stretch 4 who can make plays, I am just not sure how he will be on defense as I never paid attention to that part of his game.

I wouldn’t listen to anything Amel says about Derrick Rose. Too much bias there.

If anyone else here watched more than 1 game when Rose was a Knick you would know he brought nothing good to the team.

Reactions: OTG
Derrick is playing the same way he did on the Knicks. Taking the same amount of shots. Only difference is he's taking and making more threes and is allowed to run more point so his assists are up. If Derrick has the ball more, he'd have more assists opportunities.

You literally had the same player Knicks. You just didn't use him right.

If he’s taking more 3s than clearly he’s not playing the same way.

Derrick averaged 18 ppg on 45 percent shooting the yr he played for you guys. That's about as good as you can expect if the only time he's going to get the ball in the second half is after the ball goes through Justin Holiday and Melo first, and only on late shot clock isos.

If you wanted Derrick to pass, maybe they should've let him play some point in the second half? Lol
47 %

we not gonna type stuff just to type stuff.... rose in the first half first quarter got most of his assist , when he would get kp the ball.... second half, he would get the ball at the end of shotclocks while melo held on to the basketball...... not saying he was an all star on the knicks, but he could of been one if the ball went thru the point guard instead of melo

hes not a spot up shooter,,, even this year most of his 3s is off his dribble,,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom