**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sixers about as talented as any of the other top East teams, Biid/Simmons/Jimmy/JJ should be something to watch

Starting Ben at the 4 and JJ at the 2 could help their spacing a little

I honestly never thought Zach Lavine was going to be this good. Welps, I was wrong.

and some people in here thought the buls shouldnt match the kings contact he got......

i thought the bulls got the better part of the deal when it took place, just because i figured if zach couldnt play he would be a free agent and go else where, didnt think it would turn out this decent, where both players twolves got no longer on the team,,, and although lauri and dunn are injured, zach is killing

Well that what south quickly. Honestly, if Melo has any pride he would just retire. He's like the worst kind of veteran to have on your team. He's not a Dirk Nowitzki type who will mental young guys and he still under the illusion that he's a star player and he demands touches.

They told Melo sit yo *** down and we'll say it's a "illness". The father time flu.

Who didn't see this coming? Melo looked awful last year. Bricking open jumpers and struggling to finish in the paint. Being a year older wasn't gonna change anything. It's just time to hang it up and that's not really a bad thing. His draft class is on their way out. Lebron is still great but Bron is a alien. DWade is on a fair well tour, Bosh retired (even though it's health related), David West, Barbosa, Luke was in that draft and he's a head coach.

Fultz shot 7/9
giphy.gif

phil jackson approach was wrong, but he was right about Carmelo anthony

when kp, melo and rose was on the team, the team was at its best when rose and kp played the 2 man game, pick and roll.... kp was shooting better, rose was shooting i think 47 % but he was the third option.... kp should of been the first , rose the second, and melo the 3rd.....

he goes to okc and laughs at coming off the bench .... missing shot after shot, ...goes to houston , does the same..... some time you have to humble as a player

"Ay P, they said I gotta come off the bunch..

...yea that's not happening."

NBA like..."hold my beer."

Wouldn't be entirely opposed to seeing MElo getting put through the Heat's conditioning program and seeing what results may come from it

Portland?
Portland is the same every year. Until they show up when it counts, I'm counting them out. Difference with the other teams is that their style is sustainable in the playoffs. Best player can't really be small guards, unless A. They have another player that's equally amazing and bigger or B. The player is a transcendent talent or C. A grade A system around him. Portland still built on too much guard favoring iso.

Might be the second OT game we lost because of TJ McConnell playing over Fultz

But winning comes first lol

TJ had 16 and 7 on 7/8 shooting and controlled the pace of the game the whole time he was in, something Fultz seems incapable of doing. If you want to point to Fultz’s lack of minutes then blame it on Brett Brown playing Shamet 43 minutes while going 2/13 for 5 points.

The Knicks in general had no idea how to use D Rose

Hornacek liked to start Derrick on the ball early in the game but as the game goes on he liked to play Derrick off ball.

By the 4th quarter, either Justin Holiday was running all the pick and rolls, or they dumped the ball to Melo for the iso.. Either way, Derrick was relegated to waiting for the ball on the perimeter

Thibs started out playing Derrick this way last yr and the beginning of this season.. Hopefully he's realized in Teague's absence that Derrick has to be the point guard...Good things happen when he's allowed to be the point guard. Not a small 2, or a small 3.
This is how your perspective looks if you think a coach's sole job is to make Derrick Rose look good, not win games. I say that because I know from when you were in the Knicks thread, Amel, that's literally how you think.

Rose got lots of chances on the Knicks and he was awful. When he did have the ball in his hands he was a ball hog who played selfishly, never made plays for his teammates, and got stuffed in the paint constantly while being one of the worst players in the league on defense.

Given this year it seems like he's got some of his athleticism back and worked on his shooting and he's playing wayyyy better. But if you build your team around making him successful you're going to lose a LOT of games. You're not going to maximize your actual young offensive talents and you are going to get cooked by every PG with a pulse.

Thibs is ready to go down with that ship tho.

Remember last year when people used Kidd’s rookie stats to defend Lonzo? Kidd’s sophomore stats:

16-7-10

Lonzo:

9-5-5

You’re being generous rounding up his numbers too
Are there stats on airballs?

Imagine the Mavs bringing Mark Jackson to take minutes from Kidd

L O L

This is a bit intellectually dishonest. Second year Jason Kidd had the keys. Lonzo not only has to play with LeBron so his role is completely different and on top of that, there’s the Rondo situation.

Philly has to play Boston in the playoffs this year for the culture. Jimmy Butler about to make light skin less efficient Kobe imitator Tatum look foolish. This is it :pimp:

Philly Toronto ecf :pimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom