**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard on the radio Mavericks have $20+ million in cap space or whatever its called in basketball
Didn't get any top free agents
Cuban dont care because he made coming to Mavs games "cool"
Plus the west is full of All Stars so tickets sell regardless

They don't run many PnR's though. Why is Kerr against them?
Think that's going to change with the addition of DLo who excels at them. They are also going to be missing a shooter for the majority of the year so they are going to need to switch some things up.

That's wishful thinking is all. If you're banking on KAT improving, then why not add another top 10 NBA player to the mix and see where it develops? That would be their future, so that is the mortgage...And opposed to what? Slow developing 1st rounders and a few more years of hope come the draft? By then, KAT will want out. I would be with you, but it's just not how the NBA landscape works for most contenders. Homegrown talent is for baseball and 1st round draft picks outside of the top 3 or so is for the NFL. In the NBA, you need the talent right now to compete.

Your point is well taken. my only apprehension would be the cost of adding Russ vs the risk of it having a low ceiling. I imagine wolves would have to give up a lot to pry him from OKC. Short of being able to add a 3rd super star next off season, im not banking on KATxRuss and weak bench going too much further than a KATxWiggins combo with better depth.

Why does everyone still have the warriors so high ?
804B6CEE-477C-4549-A1DE-0FF5395FEDBF.png
A8BF4D2A-355F-467D-BFDD-60EB6D24568A.png
252471C3-3DF6-4831-A3A4-3539CA0D8F28.png

Your point is well taken. my only apprehension would be the cost of adding Russ vs the risk of it having a low ceiling. I imagine wolves would have to give up a lot to pry him from OKC. Short of being able to add a 3rd super star next off season, im not banking on KATxRuss and weak bench going too much further than a KATxWiggins combo with better depth.

Pick your poison, I guess. For all the money, I'd much rather have Westbrook on his contract than Wiggins on his, because you know what you're getting and it's much more than what you're getting from Wiggins. His flashes have been few and far between for me to worry about the opportunity cost with that one.

They don't run many PnR's though. Why is Kerr against them?

Dlo off ball/Curry off ball is going to be amazing.

Off ball screens and pin downs to get steph, klay and KD open is where the warriors made their money. You dont need to live off PnRs when you’ve got the luxury of the three best shooters in the league at your disposal. That will change next season, especially since DLo is great coming off the screen with the ball in his hand. That floater :pimp:

but the warriors will turn to the 1-4 PnR with steph/dray when it’s needed. That **** was unstoppable in the wcf

This is dishonest though. They didn't just give up all that and get pg. They gave up all of that to seal pg & KAWHI.

Yes.

I think the point he was attempting to make was that people are more critical of the Lakers.

I keep forgetting that posting a tweet in here constitutes an endorsement of every word in the tweet and people don’t care to make that distinction for you... lol.

Pick your poison, I guess. For all the money, I'd much rather have Westbrook on his contract than Wiggins on his, because you know what you're getting and it's much more than what you're getting from Wiggins. His flashes have been few and far between for me to worry about the opportunity cost with that one.
Easily. I imagine a Russ trade would center around Wiggins, RoCo, Okogie, and future 1st rd picks. OKC would want Culver too most likely but Wolves could negotiate on that

Gsw will be in for a fight, but so will every other team in the west. Teams are gonna be beating up on each other nightly so i have a feeling playoff seeding is going to be tight come april.

And the fact that a portland team lead by dame and cj minus nurk could procure a 3 seed last year means that anything is possible in the west
Absolutely. I just worry about their depth and the burden Steph will have to carry. He's played 51 games and then 69 games in his last two seasons. He's prone to miss games, they absolutely can't afford him to miss too many this year. If he misses another 11 straight games that's a lot to ask of the team to stay afloat

Ratsull should put up numbers by default. His skill set inserted into the pass and go Kerr system will be interesting though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom