**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guy Kawhi is the best free agent position ever. KD hurt and he won a ring and he’s only 27 so he’s Free Agent #1. Son can be on his Kanye Biscuit Boy West and tell these owners give 50 million plus or I’m gonna quit. Kawhi can legit write his own ticket. Son can prob ask for a ownership percentage right now. Uncle Dennis our here winning.

None of whats happening around the NBA makes any difference on Kawhi's bargaining power because the max he can get is 5/$190M.

Even if Raps got swept in the first round he would've gotten the max.

All his interviews from yesterday tell me Kawhi isn't set on coming back to Toronto. If that is the case, Toronto needs to figure out if it can work out a good sign-and-trade with the team Kawhi wants to go to. Not sure its in our interests do a trade with the Clippers (if Kawhi wants to go there). Might be better for us to just let him walk rather than take on all these bum players in return.

L

O

L

This guy did nothing but complain about calls all postseason long, with posts like this when Fred got fouled shooting a three.

Imagine thinking the raps won this series

That 3 point call on van fleet

Laughable

Never mind that the Warriors got the same exact call 3 times earlier in the game, a missed goaltending call went in GSW's favor, Steph got crunch time free throws after tripping over his own feet and falling down, etc. The Raptors didn't actually win, the poor Warriors were robbed by crooked officiating. Then he comes in and takes a personal shot at a guy's disability, and then after all that, he has the nerve to get up on his high horse and complain about a lack of substance and meaningful conversation, despite never having engaged in any himself. Nah, good riddance.

Who? Refs were ok, same as always, but I have a hunch those injuries might have had something to do with it more than bad calls.

9BDDBF26-3CE6-4B5E-9ADF-73F8445E494C.jpeg
Im actually heading up to the bay area now. Where can I buy a raptors jersey?

This hasnt been the case for 3+ years now. Certainly wasnt the case this finals when he was locking up Andre and McKinnie.

(Waits for standard NT response attacking me rather than addressing the post though)

I’m gonna agree. Last night it was even mentioned out loud by Breen or somebody that they intentionally put Kawhi on Igoudala before Klay went down.

And I mentioned during the Bucks series the narrative of Kawhi shutting down Giannis by himself was wrong. The design of the defense and execution with help D is what shut him down. At no point was Giannis being shut down 1v1. At no point was he not being doubled or there wasn’t help waiting by 1 or 2 or sometimes 3 players. 20 times a game they mentioned building a wall to guard Giannis.

Kawhi guarding Giannis by himself and shutting him down simply isn’t true.

That’s not to say he’s not elite at defense and isn’t a big reason for the teams success defensively.

I’m gonna agree. Last night it was even mentioned out loud by Breen or somebody that they intentionally put Kawhi on Igoudala before Klay went down.

And I mentioned during the Bucks series the narrative of Kawhi shutting down Giannis by himself was wrong. The design of the defense and execution with help D is what shut him down. At no point was Giannis being shut down 1v1. At no point was he not being doubled or there wasn’t help waiting by 1 or 2 or sometimes 3 players. 20 times a game they mentioned building a wall to guard Giannis.

Kawhi guarding Giannis by himself and shutting him down simply isn’t true.

That’s not to say he’s not elite at defense and isn’t a big reason for the teams success defensively.

Thank you for not calling me a bitter Warrior fan, an actually reading the content.

The idea that Kawhi guards the opponents best player hasnt been true for years. And to repeat myself, this is NOT a diss to Kawhi. He is still one of if not the best defensive player in the league. But he simply does not expend the energy on defense like he did his first few years in the league. He doesnt guard the best player.

Do people seriously not remember him locking up Dion Waiters and Andre Roberson all series while Westbrook and Durant went nuts and eliminated the Spurs from the playoffs?

Thank you for not calling me a bitter Warrior fan, an actually reading the content.

The idea that Kawhi guards the opponents best player hasnt been true for years. And to repeat myself, this is NOT a diss to Kawhi. He is still one of if not the best defensive player in the league. But he simply does not expend the energy on defense like he did his first few years in the league. He doesnt guard the best player.

Do people seriously not remember him locking up Dion Waiters and Andre Roberson all series while Westbrook and Durant went nuts and eliminated the Spurs from the playoffs?

He’ll still take the best player sometimes, but it’s never his primary assignment anymore and very situational. He spent a decent amount of time on Giannis in the ECF. But in the Finals he most often was in the Warriors weakest perimeter player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom