**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've played the game at a high level, know the game, and then am grateful to have done so. I also am a student of history, so when I encounter people like those on this thread, I am prepared to place my foot deep into their butts with facts. Being prepared is what it is all about.

Who did you play for?

All these one and done coaches are going to be under fire if you have the best talent and
1. Don't win a chip with said talent.
2. And said talent doesn't produce at the next level.

Thats why these kids can't go the league straight out of high school right? Because they need time to develop. Well if they aren't developing why are they going? You can make a good argument that out of Zion, RJ, and Cam this year at Duke only was beneficial to Zion.

The NBA has suffered because these kids are learning on the job. Coaches like Coach K cannot teach in the manner for which they were taught themselves, so they had to adjust. K has money behind him, and the NBA due to his Olympic history. This keeps him safe. That said, these players need a MLB type system so they can learn the game at a rudimentary level. It is a shame that many of these young pro's do not even know how to get through picks/screens, with players lacking motivation to get better in the off season. I admire Kobe for what he did while not going to college. His pedigree due to his father and access to his Godfather Dr.J, and rage fueled him. Mike had Dean Smith, and LeBron seems to have that internal drive for himself as well. But others who go to schools like Duke, seem to have that spoiled mentality, enhanced by Coach K's style and approach.

I've played the game at a high level, know the game, and then am grateful to have done so. I also am a student of history, so when I encounter people like those on this thread, I am prepared to place my foot deep into their butts with facts. Being prepared is what it is all about.
who and where

Roy Williams and bill self probably get the least out of the best talent
Selfs been lookin funny for years but where's this talent that you speak of with Roy Williams. Hasn't had an elite high end class in years and everyone he gets eventually wins a natty except Brice Johnson and Paige

Disingenuous commentary, tactical stupidity. For those who run to moderators when you are backed into a corner intellectually on your chosen subject, you are a coward. I can't imagine you being good at anything, other than being the buffoon that you are. You should take that $200 you are offering, and then go and buy some courage. The internet is a great place for people like you to hide because soon enough, that is all you'll have left.

Here is a Duke player who was supposed to be more than he was coming out, went to Duke, and REgressed.

Clippers guard Austin Rivers opens up about adversity, giving back and his success

Rivers, who starred at Duke for a season before jumping into the NBA, discusses overcoming adversity, namely injuries and the added pressure of playing for his father, Doc, in Los Angeles. A star at Winter Park High in Florida, Rivers attributes his recent success to falling back on old habits: just playing and having fun. Rivers also understands how fortunate he has been in life, and he’s determined to give back and encourages others to do so, as well.https://usatodayhss.com/2017/clippe...p-about-adversity-giving-back-and-his-success

More from a Duke Player...
Kyrie Irving says he was craving an intellectual coach like Brad Stevens
One big draw was Brad Stevens, whom Irving lauds for being an intellectual.

“When you have a guy like that — that’s just putting it out there in terms of what he’s about — it kind of draws you,” Irving said, as transcribed by Boston.com. “You want to be drawn to people like that. It was something I was unbelievably craving in terms of what I wanted for my career. Brad fits perfectly in terms of that because he has an intellectual mind and is an intellectual human being.

https://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/kyrie-irving-intellectual-coach-brad-stevens/406923

Juwan Howard to coach the Lakers?
tenor.gif

Lmao whatttttt. So because I'm tired of you spamming this thread with irrelevant crap you think I'm white.

Great take
I didn't say that you were white. Read again.
Every article I have posted is relevant to the NBA and players. You simply do not like it, because it proves your narrative incorrect. It is typical though.

More from a Duke Player...
Kyrie Irving says he was craving an intellectual coach like Brad Stevens
One big draw was Brad Stevens, whom Irving lauds for being an intellectual.

“When you have a guy like that — that’s just putting it out there in terms of what he’s about — it kind of draws you,” Irving said, as transcribed by Boston.com. “You want to be drawn to people like that. It was something I was unbelievably craving in terms of what I wanted for my career. Brad fits perfectly in terms of that because he has an intellectual mind and is an intellectual human being.
https://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/kyrie-irving-intellectual-coach-brad-stevens/406923
went from this to

"maybe we should trap kemba like every other team does because he always kills us" lol

went from this to

"maybe we should trap kemba like every other team does because he always kills us" lol
Kyrie is a great player, but I think that the Duke system has left him without the mental capacity to lead, then see things all the way through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom