**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Duke players become good to great role players, but they never become transcendent players of their generation.

Duke players become good to great role players, but they never become transcendent players of their generation.

Low key what you describing is North Carolina since Roy Williams has been there.

When was the last time North Carolina produced an Allstar player?

Zion is being projected as that next player in the NBA. He is incomplete as a player, lacking many skill outside of explosiveness. His footwork is decent, speed is there, and is somewhat creative on court. Harold Minor was explosive, yet it didn't translate well to the NBA. I blame his lack of preparedness on the coach of Duke.

Okafor is an example.

Dude their are currently maybe 5 transcendent guys total in the league today. You narrowing it down to one blue blood is wild
I am talking history here, and Coach K's history of getting players to their max potential is dim. I can say this of Boehiem as well.

And that is the fault of one year of coaching from Coach K?

:lol:
Dean Smith had his players prepared, as does Calipari. Every UNC player that played under Smith had footwork on the offensive and defensive end, then understanding the fundamentals of the game. Even after one year, players were ready. Smith was the first to tell his players when they could leave and be ready for the pros.

Lol. Okafor's limitations aren't Coach K's fault.
Yes they are. If properly taught, he'd know how to play the game at both ends. K used his natural gifts, then did not inspire his drive and determination, something that a coach is supposed to do if he is worth his salt.

As much as I criticize coach K you can't blame Okafor on him. The man's game is about a decade too late.

Okafor seems like he himself is complacent. Plenty of other back to the basket bigs altered their game a little to be a daily rotational player.

Kanter, Jonas, Len, list goes on.

Zion isn't ready, because he does not have more than one move. He is predictable on offense, and State took his game away. Coach K does not coach his players, he has designed a system for them to fit in to. He uses their strengths to his advantage. When the chips are down, his players are stuck not knowing the alternative. Years ago, we, players had to learn every position on the floor. Now, coaches like Coach K, do not want to spend time with players who have higher expectations. The AAU has ruined players to an extent, and the Bobby Knight style does not fit any more. Dean Smith was not as abrasive in public, therefore his teaching was behind closed doors, and Calipari and a few others carry the torch.

Zion will be a good player, but he needs to learn the game mentally. Coach K has not done that, ever. This is why Kyrie is lost as well. He went to Boston looking for a good coach, someone who is intelligent.

Calipari held back KAT, Devin Martin and made Bam look like he was going to be a bust

That’s just off top of my head, there’s probably much more

Okafor seems like he himself is complacent. Plenty of other back to the basket bigs altered their game a little to be a daily rotational player.

Kanter, Jonas, Len, list goes on.

Not sure if it’s complacency but he isn’t the rebounder that Kanter or Jonas are. They are just flat out better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom