**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn he raped a girl only hours after tearing his acl but still can't play?

And they know what she was gonna use the money for lol wrap it up

Raptors goofed

The Raptors traded this dude in his prime for washed Gasol averaging 13 and 8 making $25 mill per year this year and next year :lol:

Gasol has scored 2 points in three out of his last five games and is averaging only 5 rebounds in those games as well.

And the funny thing is that I feel like they did the trade to match up Gasol with Embiid...when historically Embiid has always killed Gasol and kinda struggled with Jonas.

Harden is averaging 40-7-7 in his last 52 games. How is this not the greatest scoring perforamce/season in the last 25 years again?

Does any one dispute that??

‘The streak’ basically turned into the majority of the season.

But even if the Rockets get the 2nd seed bruh still probably won’t get MVP :smh:

At least you added the question mark. Sounds like the Knicks, Mavs and his camp did their due diligence. There's no way the Mavs make that trade if the allegations were serious. They're on thin ice with the league already.
Dude I’m asking a question. I don’t know what the deal is. Anyway, Mark Cuban said he had “no tolerance” for this so let’s see if he’s telling the truth...

Last edited:
At least you added the question mark. Sounds like the Knicks, Mavs and his camp did their due diligence. There's no way the Mavs make that trade if the allegations were serious. They're on thin ice with the league already.
It's highly unlikely the Mavs could know whether or not the allegations are serious imo. How are they supposed to prove that, especially 3 months back?

How do you even confirm that the allegations arent serious.

Just being accused of rape is serious enough.

That **** makes no sense.

I think for Cuban the trade was as much about getting rid of Dennis smith as it was acquiring KP
I mean they couldn't give DSJ away at that point but I guarantee they REALLY wanted KP. And they still got great value for him I'm not gonna rewrite history.

Cuban is shady as **** though.

I was joking earlier but seriously.. what would even happen if KP was found guilty? They probably weren't even worried about it. A rape charge is like a parking ticket depending on what you look like. I mean the whole Mavs org got caught up in something similar and what happened to them? Not a damn thing

That Boston squad took Bron Bron to a Game 7 in the ECF. They aren't veterans but they're not inexperienced either. They just got some bad vibes this year but I agree with your last statement. If they ain't getting homecourt they're gonna have a tough time with how stacked the East has become.
Last years cavs team would be a 5th seed this year.

Harden is averaging 40-7-7 in his last 52 games. How is this not the greatest scoring perforamce/season in the last 25 years again?
Giannis MVP right guys?

Shout out the beard mannnnn we wasn’t even supposed to be here. City of angels own the beard :pimp:

Best offensive talent ever. Unstoppable. The beard makes mj look like Corey maggette on the offensive end.

Mother **** mj too. It’s curtains for that ***** boy. We know what you did mj. We not forgetting

A rape charge is like a parking ticket depending on what you look like.
6FAF37E4-0825-4CFB-AFFD-FE32D323F617.jpeg

Going to say I disagree and we can leave it at that

A former Baylor University fraternity president who was accused of rape will not serve any jail time or be forced to register as a sex offender after a judge accepted a plea deal he had been offered by Texas prosecutors, according to news reports.

Jacob Anderson, 23, was charged with four counts of sexual assault after he was accused of raping a 19-year-old woman at a 2016 party thrown by Phi Delta Theta, the fraternity chapter of which he was president, at the school in Waco, Tex., according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Earlier this year, the McLennan County district attorney’s office offered him a plea deal that quickly became the subject of bitter outcry from the victim, her family and many others following the case.

The district attorney’s office dismissed the four counts of sexual assault in exchange for a lesser charge of unlawful restraint, according to news reports. And it recommended that Anderson serve three years of deferred adjudication probation, pay a $400 fine and go to counseling in lieu of jail time, according to news reports. The deferred adjudication means the charge could eventually be dismissed if he does not violate the terms of his probation.

Seemingly lenient sentences for rape are not unheard of, and Anderson’s case underscores the difficulty in proving and prosecuting many sexual assault cases. Punishments are typically lessened and the level of crimes are downgraded as a result of plea agreements. Cases such as Anderson’s have caused swift and widespread outcry from victims, their families and communities.

Even in some instances in which prosecutors successfully proved to a jury that a crime has been committed, sentences have been highly criticized. Among the most notorious is that of Stanford University sex offender Brock Turner, whose six-month jail sentence after a sexual-assault conviction prompted nationwide outrage and the recall of the judge who imposed the punishment. A jury had convicted Turner of sexually assaulting an unconscious woman on the edge of campus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom