**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A former Baylor University fraternity president who was accused of rape will not serve any jail time or be forced to register as a sex offender after a judge accepted a plea deal he had been offered by Texas prosecutors, according to news reports.

Jacob Anderson, 23, was charged with four counts of sexual assault after he was accused of raping a 19-year-old woman at a 2016 party thrown by Phi Delta Theta, the fraternity chapter of which he was president, at the school in Waco, Tex., according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Earlier this year, the McLennan County district attorney’s office offered him a plea deal that quickly became the subject of bitter outcry from the victim, her family and many others following the case.

The district attorney’s office dismissed the four counts of sexual assault in exchange for a lesser charge of unlawful restraint, according to news reports. And it recommended that Anderson serve three years of deferred adjudication probation, pay a $400 fine and go to counseling in lieu of jail time, according to news reports. The deferred adjudication means the charge could eventually be dismissed if he does not violate the terms of his probation.

Seemingly lenient sentences for rape are not unheard of, and Anderson’s case underscores the difficulty in proving and prosecuting many sexual assault cases. Punishments are typically lessened and the level of crimes are downgraded as a result of plea agreements. Cases such as Anderson’s have caused swift and widespread outcry from victims, their families and communities.

Even in some instances in which prosecutors successfully proved to a jury that a crime has been committed, sentences have been highly criticized. Among the most notorious is that of Stanford University sex offender Brock Turner, whose six-month jail sentence after a sexual-assault conviction prompted nationwide outrage and the recall of the judge who imposed the punishment. A jury had convicted Turner of sexually assaulting an unconscious woman on the edge of campus.
No no, I get what you’re saying but there’s more to it than that for sure. Kind of a rabbit hole discussion so I’m cool

Y'all gotta be careful talking about the racism and rape thing on this thread. There are plenty apologists lurking, then will tell you to go and start a new thread somewhere else. The biggest cowards will contact a mod about your empathetic and conscious behavior. They love protecting their white and misogynistic buddies on here.
58996297362_a7517f_o.jpg

Last edited:
I was joking earlier but seriously.. what would even happen if KP was found guilty? They probably weren't even worried about it. A rape charge is like a parking ticket depending on what you look like. I mean the whole Mavs org got caught up in something similar and what happened to them? Not a damn thing

this is awful thing to say/opinion to have.

my bad - read that wrong. i agree. people like him tend to get the benefit of the doubt

Last edited:
If it really wasnt consensual he will go to jail.

If they were smashing before and she just turned a little crazy she'll get a massive payday and it'll be brushed under the rug.

If KP really did all these things and Cuban still traded for him knowing about the case it'll be Sterling level incompetence and darkness

There's no way Cuban really looked into this.... He Jus getting out from under pressure for letting that dude run wild sexually harassing women in the office. Now to trade for a "franchise" guy who will be facing a case like this...... Can't explain this.

There's no way Cuban really looked into this.... He Jus getting out from under pressure for letting that dude run wild sexually harassing women in the office. Now to trade for a "franchise" guy who will be facing a case like this...... Can't explain this.
And the trade happened so quick no way of possibly knowing ALL details right there and then

I hate politics.

Mixing politics with sports is like mixing rat poison in
My coffee.

I bet that whole lying
Word to 2pac

why would you say this?

he offered her money. and then he reneged. no one who offers hush money is innocent.
she never asked for anything. she's probably from lots of money herself living in the same building as he was

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom