• NikeTalk will be offline for a system update tonight, beginning at 4 AM ET. We'll return at approximately 6 AM ET with a performance upgrade and some additional features. Thank you for your patience!

**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin Love isn’t a bum
Kyle Korver isn’t a bum
Jr Smith isn’t a bum
Tristan Thompson isn’t a bum
George Hill isn’t a bum
Rodney Hood isn’t a bum

Again...remember to start the 2017-2018 season...Bron assembled a roster to HIS liking that went 17-2 playing an incredibly weak East Schedule from November to Christmas 2017. At that time...people were talking about this being the best roster LeBron was on. And “wait until IT comes back).

That team proceeded to struggle from Late December to the trade deadline...and Bron flipped all the guys he lauded (even trading his best nba buddy)...for “young guys” who were at the time, seen as athletic guys that could help him where he lacked defensively and in transition. When they too struggled to fit around his style of play that didn’t maximize their talents...and could be beaten by team basketball....they became known as “bums”. These are productive, rotational nba players in the right situation. How can he “make everyone better”, yet these guys remain “bums”? That doesn’t compute.

What happened next is he led this team over a Pacers squad that had no business taking a favored Cleveland squad to 7. He then showed out against an annually disappointing raptors team...and beat a Celtics team with Babies and Al Horford in a 7 game series to get to the finals.

2/3 series had no business going 7 games. Then he was soundly swept.

If you understood the context of last year and how the bar kept getting lowered...and he kept getting praised for doing what he was supposed to do....none of this madness in LA would be a surprise.

The Western Conference is a different beast.
upload_2019-2-26_8-40-5.jpeg

Stopped at JR Smith isn’t a bum. Convinced you didn’t watch last seasons finals.

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-26_8-39-54.jpeg
    upload_2019-2-26_8-39-54.jpeg
    196.7 KB · Views: 4
And I’m pretty sure I can find posts of Wavy saying the Pacers would beat the Cavs or atleast make it a tough series :lol:.

He was up 2-1 with those bums. They had the size advantage Tristan and mozgov were eating while Delly was containing Steph. But he already had is excuse with Kyrie and love being out so hehe opt for hero ball/stat padding instead of stick with what was working. That's why once they made that adjustment with Iggy it was a wrap. Bron too predictable. They could have won that series but they stopped going with what was working.
This is disingenuous as hell :rofl:

Bron was stad padding in Game 4 when Mozgov led the team in scoring with 28 and they lost by 19?

Game 5, Tristan scored 19 and they lost by 13.

Game 6, Tristan and Mozgov combined for 32 and lost by 8.

LeBron scored 51 just to be in the game and in the final seconds JR Smith forgot which hoop was his and dude said he isn’t a bum lmao

And I’m pretty sure I can find posts of Wavy saying the Pacers would beat the Cavs or atleast make it a tough series :lol:.

Nah. I HOPED the Pacers could beat the Cavs. (And that’s in part because I knew Bron wasn’t Bron anymore, and I always root against LeBron teams).

But yes. Everything about last year indicated it wouldn’t be an easy series for Cleveland. That said...I knew the Cavs would win that series. They were supposed to.

So try again.

Sad JR will be remembered for that mistake (in a series that they had no chance at winning, and didn’t “cost them the game”)...than what he did in the 2016 finals.

Only idiots would think that way.

I think about a tied game going into overtime and the self proclaimed GOAT not scoring a single FG. Now that's the storyline.

Or rewind, with the ball in his hands, deciding to pass for the final shot that could of have given then the lead.

No balls.

Kevin Love isn’t a bum
Kyle Korver isn’t a bum
Jr Smith isn’t a bum
Tristan Thompson isn’t a bum
George Hill isn’t a bum
Rodney Hood isn’t a bum

Again...remember to start the 2017-2018 season...Bron assembled a roster to HIS liking that went 17-2 playing an incredibly weak East Schedule from November to Christmas 2017. At that time...people were talking about this being the best roster LeBron was on. And “wait until IT comes back).

That team proceeded to struggle from Late December to the trade deadline...and Bron flipped all the guys he lauded (even trading his best nba buddy)...for “young guys” who were at the time, seen as athletic guys that could help him where he lacked defensively and in transition. When they too struggled to fit around his style of play that didn’t maximize their talents...and could be beaten by team basketball....they became known as “bums”. These are productive, rotational nba players in the right situation. How can he “make everyone better”, yet these guys remain “bums”? That doesn’t compute.

What happened next is he led this team over a Pacers squad that had no business taking a favored Cleveland squad to 7. He then showed out against an annually disappointing raptors team...and beat a Celtics team with Babies and Al Horford in a 7 game series to get to the finals.

2/3 series had no business going 7 games. Then he was soundly swept.

If you understood the context of last year and how the bar kept getting lowered...and he kept getting praised for doing what he was supposed to do....none of this madness in LA would be a surprise.

The Western Conference is a different beast.

I member when ESPN and their ilk tried to say last season was the most impressive run he's ever had. And Windhorst suggested he should get a ring for it.

Cavs were only favored to come out the East last season because of LeBron. Y’all gotta stop being disingenuous man.
Hell even in 2015 it was basically just LeBron after the 1st round considering Love was hurt and Kyrie was playing on one foot.

I see this thread has turned into the yearly Lebron needs more help discussion thread. The people saying how ridiculous it is to say JR smith wasnt terrible are the same people saying Lebron has been playing with nobodies his whole career.

This is disingenuous as hell :rofl:

Bron was stad padding in Game 4 when Mozgov led the team in scoring with 28 and they lost by 19?

Game 5, Tristan scored 19 and they lost by 13.

Game 6, Tristan and Mozgov combined for 32 and lost by 8.
Your literally saying nothing here u jus told me their point totals and how much they lost by. They were up 2-1 with the best player in the series. It was winnable if that's even a word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom