OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

They need to do away with preseason rankings.

This is why the college football playoff committee doesn't ranked teams until after week 9. It's to avoid the bias that comes with being higher-ranked in the preseason potentially influencing late season rankings.

The preseason Coaches and AP polls are primarily for fans and TV networks to drum up attention for early matchups. They mean nothing.

Last edited:
Nah, this LSU team still isn't that good. This says a lot more about Miami and their lack of preparedness then how great LSU is. LSU is still losing 4-5 games this season.
Bruh we are decent. Let's not go down this route again.

Its to early in the season for this

This is why the college football playoff committee doesn't ranked teams until after week 9. It's to avoid the preseason bias that comes with being higher-ranked in the preseason potentially influencing late season rankings.

The preseason Coaches and AP polls are primarily for fans and TV networks to drum up attention for early matchups. They mean nothing.

It means something. Committee is human.

DmIqp7TUwAAInkt.jpg:large

Even if they do away with the AP and the coaches, something else will replace it. There no way to ever get rid of polls completely.

That's fine. Those polls are antiquated. Go with something frivolous, but fun like Kenpom with NCAAB. Let my dude Bill Connelly draw it up.

I'm not hating. You guys are going to be the best 8-4 team in the country. You guys are still going to lose to Bama, Georgia, Auburn and Miss St.
I believe us playing Georgia and Miss St at home will give us a good chance. Playing Auburn so early hurts

Everytime we hear the U is back nonsense they get blown out.

To be honest with you I hate all of that type of stuff "The U is back", "Texas is back", etc. I understand that college football is healthier when historically great programs are good but everyone is so fast prematurely crown these programs as back. Like, bruh give it more than a game or two.

Back
Top Bottom