OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Good get by JSerra. They were missing a QB to go with the good line and Chris Street. He has no wide receivers to throw to though.

F JSerra though

Why are folks mad about the MD kids leaving if the school is winning titles? They want them to stay and do their college decisions as MD alumni?

I mean yeah it’s wild they’re coming, winning, and leaving but shoot if you’re winning that’s all that matters

Why are folks mad about the MD kids leaving if the school is winning titles? They want them to stay and do their college decisions as MD alumni?

I mean yeah it’s wild they’re coming, winning, and leaving but shoot if you’re winning that’s all that matters
I'd guess the problem is that it makes them look like the hired mercenaries that they are when they leave after football season. :lol: They can't even hide behind the semblance of respectability when stuff like that happens. That's the type of stuff that pisses off big donors and alum.

There's alot of alumn who are proud of their school and don't like the shenanigans that goes on with their sports. Some people, big donors, don't care for sports much. They feel like sports gives them a black eye.

I'd guess the problem is that it makes them look like the hired mercenaries that they are when they leave after football season. :lol: They can't even hide behind the semblance of respectability when stuff like that happens. That's the type of stuff that pisses off big donors and alum.
exactly. Its a Catholic school first. Plus, they don't like these kids leaving with a semester to go and no tuition coming in.

I mean I just broke it down man. I personally hate it, going to win titles regardless. Plus the fighting, plus. CIF sancations.

exactly. Its a Catholic school first. Plus, they don't like these kids leaving with a semester to go and no tuition coming in.

But those same exact donors also went bat **** when Rosen and Bosco went undefeated and won the state championship and wanted Rollo gone because Mater Dei wasn’t winning big.

But those same exact donors also went bat **** when Rosen and Bosco went undefeated and won the state championship and wanted Rollo gone because Mater Dei wasn’t winning big.

I mean no, there’s tons of donors who make sure their money doesn’t go to football or basketball.

I mean no, there’s tons of donors who make sure their money doesn’t go to football or basketball.

And more than enough influential ones that do. Rollo went and got Bryce specifically because he had so much pressure from alums to keep things rolling after JT left early. He didn’t get this aggressive of his own accord. And MD isn’t operating in a vacuum.

No offense to casper90403 casper90403 but some of his opinion on this comes from being a parent in the middle of the Bosco/MD rivalry and loving football as much as he does, but Bosco is out here doing the same exact ****. I’m sure he can tell you how salty they were when Bru McCoy transfered to MD who was on the downward swing instead of Bosco where everyone had him pegged to. If MD stops recruiting for football itll be when rules force the rest of the Trinity to.

Also :lol: at donors being mad they dipped without tuition coming in the spring and lmaooooo if you think those kids were paying full tuition to go there from Rancho to begin with.

Disclaimer: I didn’t go to these schools so I’m looking at it from the perspective of an east coaster casually interested in national HS sports and recruiting (particularly in USC’s feeder base.)

Last edited:
In re: Josh Eaton, I’ve been reading for a month that he and McGlovern are battles SC could legitimately win against TAMU and UT, especially with everyone knowing that Kelee Ringo is leaning to UT.

Barring another 5-7 season, DGW is going to be one of the corners we take. If CHawk gets his way so will Elias Ricks. That leaves 1-2 spots and the coaches really want to start getting a foothold in Texas so they’re pushing for those 2 guys. Keep an eye out for Ty Jordan and Seth McGowan at RB too since OU is going all in on Milton who was our lean until this spring.

Last edited:
Also :lol: at donors being mad they dipped without tuition coming in the spring and lmaooooo if you think those kids were paying full tuition to go there from Rancho to begin with.
I think it's moreso that you give these mercenaries full rides to come to the school and they don't even care to stay for the full year. It's not actually about the money, it's more the optics.

And more than enough influential ones that do. Rollo went and got Bryce specifically because he had so much pressure from alums to keep things rolling after JT left early. He didn’t get this aggressive of his own accord. And MD isn’t operating in a vacuum.

No offense to casper90403 casper90403 but some of his opinion on this comes from being a parent in the middle of the Bosco/MD rivalry and loving football as much as he does, but Bosco is out here doing the same exact ****. I’m sure he can tell you how salty they were when Bru McCoy transfered to MD who was on the downward swing instead of Bosco where everyone had him pegged to. If MD stops recruiting for football itll be when rules force the rest of the Trinity to.

Disclaimer: I didn’t go to these schools so I’m looking at it from the perspective of an east coaster casually interested in national HS sports and recruiting (particularly in USC’s feeder base.)
I'm not giving MD a hard time whatsoever. I'm not mad about what they are doing. I only pointed them out because people asked. Most people on OC/Trinity League boards think I'm a MD guy because I make sure to point out what Bosco does. I'm as unbiased as they come. Most in here know I speak negatively about USC all of the time.

I got no issues with what a family thinks is best for their kid and their chances of playing at the next level. Alot of these kids are leaving a lesser school for a bigger program. My nephew left JSerra for Bosco not because JSerra wasn't a national contender, but because he was getting screwed over at JSerra and was 3rd on the depth chart when he should have been #1, by far. So he leaves and starts day 1 at the top 2-3 program in the country. How dumb does JSerra look when you have a "3rd stringer" leave and start from Day 1 at Bosco?

I'm certainly in no way giving a biased opinion with what's going on at MD. Everyone is doing it. Bosco is doing it more.

The only thing, to me, that was bad, was the MD kids leaving for Rancho Cucamonga after the season was over and graduating and announcing their college decisions there instead of at MD. Thats ugly and will certainly ruin it for everyone, eventually. How RC thought that was a good idea is beyond me.

And of course some of those kids were not paying full tuition. We know that. But some of those guys were not big enough to be getting huge help, so there is certainly money being lost.

I think it's moreso that you give these mercenaries full rides to come to the school and they don't even care to stay for the full year. It's not actually about the money, it's more the optics.

Honestly, from the kids perspective: they are going 1.5 hours out of the way (as a package deal mind you) to a private school to help them win games, get tv coverage, attract prospective students and thus raise their tuition and keep the cycle going. Them transferring in and out wouldn’t have mattered to anyone at MD if it wasn’t for the commitment ceremony.

The people who are mad are the teams getting stomped. The public schools had a legit complaint because it’s their kids getting swiped but a lot of the LA schools allow transferring now too.

Its a bad look. Had they just announced at MD and dipped, it wouldn't be as noticeable.

I'm not giving MD a hard time whatsoever. I'm not mad about what they are doing. I only pointed them out because people asked. Most people on OC/Trinity League boards think I'm a MD guy because I make sure to point out what Bosco does. I'm as unbiased as they come. Most in here know I speak negatively about USC all of the time.

I got no issues with what a family thinks is best for their kid and their chances of playing at the next level. Alot of these kids are leaving a lesser school for a bigger program. My nephew left JSerra for Bosco not because JSerra wasn't a national contender, but because he was getting screwed over at JSerra and was 3rd on the depth chart when he should have been #1, by far. So he leaves and starts day 1 at the top 2-3 program in the country. How dumb does JSerra look when you have a "3rd stringer" leave and start from Day 1 at Bosco?

I'm certainly in no way giving a biased opinion with what's going on at MD. Everyone is doing it. Bosco is doing it more.

The only thing, to me, that was bad, was the MD kids leaving for Rancho Cucamonga after the season was over and graduating and announcing their college decisions there instead of at MD. Thats ugly and will certainly ruin it for everyone, eventually. How RC thought that was a good idea is beyond me.

And of course some of those kids were not paying full tuition. We know that. But some of those guys were not big enough to be getting huge help, so there is certainly money being lost.

My understanding of announcing at Rancho was to draw attention to the other kids who they used to play with who were lesser recruited. Them spending Dec and Jan at RC required coaches to come there during winter workouts and eyeball some of those other players when they may otherwise have not and at least gave kids a chance to pitch OU, Oregon, etc. when their tape would have otherwise been tossed to the side without a thought.

CFB topic: Kedon Slovis looks GOOD :nerd:

Like 2nd string and pushing Sears and to a much lesser extent maybe pushing JT good...

Can’t name him #2 or starter without a mass exodus but next year idk that it’s foregone that Bryce is the #1 or backup to Sears.

Honestly, from the kids perspective: they are going 1.5 hours out of the way (as a package deal mind you) to a private school to help them win games, get tv coverage, attract prospective students and thus raise their tuition and keep the cycle going. Them transferring in and out wouldn’t have mattered to anyone at MD if it wasn’t for the commitment ceremony.

The people who are mad are the teams getting stomped. The public schools had a legit complaint because it’s their kids getting swiped but a lot of the LA schools allow transferring now too.
surprisingly, 90% of all MD people i talk to (alumni, family members of players on MD) are all disappointed in what transpired with the kids who went back home to graduate with the homies. Legit alumni folks were heated and wanted people fired.

And there's more to it. A couple of incidents that were recorded and posted on snapchat, kids stealing, getting caught smoking weed built up and made people mad. The thing is, alot of this stuff has been going on for years, but finally came to a head this year. All of this stuff goes on at every program but MD alumn have serious pride for their school and some "pretend" it doesnt go on at MD.

My understanding of announcing at Rancho was to draw attention to the other kids who they used to play with who were lesser recruited. Them spending Dec and Jan at RC required coaches to come there during winter workouts and eyeball some of those other players when they may otherwise have not and at least gave kids a chance to pitch OU, Oregon, etc. when their tape would have otherwise been tossed to the side without a thought.
its funny, the kids that left for MD were getting the same offers at RC. They just got the chance to win championships at MD.

One thing i failed to mention, and is important, is some of these kids may not have met the requirements to graduate so they had no choice but to transfer back.

But everyone looks at it from the outside and sees a pic at signing day with MD kids in the RC gym. It was just a bad idea all around. How RC officials didnt realize how this would look, i will never understand. Rollo was heated, as he should have been.

surprisingly, 90% of all MD people i talk to (alumni, family members of players on MD) are all disappointed in what transpired with the kids who went back home to graduate with the homies. Legit alumni folks were heated and wanted people fired.

And there's more to it. A couple of incidents that were recorded and posted on snapchat, kids stealing, getting caught smoking weed built up and made people mad. The thing is, alot of this stuff has been going on for years, but finally came to a head this year. All of this stuff goes on at every program but MD alumn have serious pride for their school and some "pretend" it doesnt go on at MD.

Greg Biggins got heated at me when I implied MD and Trinity people were fed up with Ricks’s off field “antics”. He came short of accusing me of libel and kept replying Ricks is a great kid. :lol:

its funny, the kids that left for MD were getting the same offers at RC. They just got the chance to win championships at MD.

One thing i failed to mention, and is important, is some of these kids may not have met the requirements to graduate so they had no choice but to transfer back.

But everyone looks at it from the outside and sees a pic at signing day with MD kids in the RC gym. It was just a bad idea all around. How RC officials didnt realize how this would look, i will never understand. Rollo was heated, as he should have been.

I heard a few comments about the course requirements at MD necessitating the transfers but I don’t want to put much stake into the explanations of a bunch of salty OC weird folks about why black kids choose to leave their school.

Greg Biggins got heated at me when I implied MD and Trinity people were fed up with Ricks’s off field “antics”. He came short of accusing me of libel and kept replying Ricks is a great kid. :lol:
thats interesting Biggins has his back. Biggins is a good dude. He treats our nephew really well and gives him love, so i have nothing but love for him. But I'm surprised he got heated. The thing is, I think Ricks is probably a good dude, but when he's on the field or in the locker room, he changes. But i don't know anymore since he blocked me on twitter. Glad Biggins didnt see my tweets about Ricks then. I need to stay on his good side. I stay away from getting into arguments from any of the writers and even players. Learned my lesson.

:rofl:

it was a poor April Fools prank.

Did he confirm it was a prank on twitter? Trying to find it so i can show someone who insists its happening.

:rofl:

it was a poor April Fools prank.

Did he confirm it was a prank on twitter? Trying to find it so i can show someone who insists its happening.
Not sure about the Twitter thing, but it was posted by a mod on A&M's 247 site.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190404-181938_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190404-181938_Chrome.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom