OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Idk WHY we would take him after everything that has been happening.
What exactly has been happening there? I've read about locker room fights but never know exactly what all the CA peeps have been alluding to when mentioning these "issues."

Idk WHY we would take him after everything that has been happening.
MD is back. They sat back and acted like they were gonna chill. But then Christian Dixon happened. Then Donovan Ford.

They ain't done. There's a 5 star running back who's supposed to transfer to MD and his name isn't Kendall Milton.

MD going for the 3-peat. Rollison said F it. He's going out in style. The only kids he's not touching is junior transfers from within the Trinity League. Other than that, game on.

What exactly has been happening there? I've read about locker room fights but never know exactly what all the CA peeps have been alluding to when mentioning these "issues."
kids acting a fool on video, kids going to MD for a semester and then transferring back to original school after the season, stuff like that.

Alumni folks are mad. I know of a couple of 5 stars who were gonna transfer to MD (big profile kids, top 20 types) but wouldn't guarantee they wouldn't transfer back and graduate from original school, and MD is passing. They are even passing on kids who want to graduate early.

MD is back. They sat back and acted like they were gonna chill. But then Christian Dixon happened. Then Donovan Ford.

They ain't done. There's a 5 star running back who's supposed to transfer to MD and his name isn't Kendall Milton.

MD going for the 3-peat. Rollison said F it. He's going out in style. The only kids he's not touching is junior transfers from within the Trinity League. Other than that, game on.

Very, very stupid and highly upsetting.

I’ve heard there was a 2020 LA kid that was on campus and I threw my phone down in disgust.

Doesn't MD always recruit though? Or y'all are just saying it's gotten out of hand?

Doesn't MD always recruit though? Or y'all are just saying it's gotten out of hand?

Always have, that’s why I went there in the first place (recruit for everything).

What’s happening NOW is kids literally coming for the season, bouncing at winter break and going back to their previous school. Bruce allegedly even was fine with the kids doing it BEFORE they stepped foot on campus.

There have also been 3 different team fights that have happened.

Last edited:
the kids coming for a semester to play football and leave the following semester AND doing their college commitments at their original school was supposedly the last straw. And then Bosco went and brought in like 15+ transfers and MD said F it, we're back. They just won't let Bosco win a state title without putting up a fight.

So kids like Bryson Washington really effed yall up, huh? Go to MD for the attention, then head back home to grab more attention for your boys at the old HS?

So kids like Bryson Washington really effed yall up, huh? Go to MD for the attention, then head back home to grab more attention for your boys at the old HS?
it was more like Sean Dollars, Jeremiah Criddell, Braedon Huffman-Dixon, and Cameron Garner. All went back to Rancho Cucamonga as soon as the season ended.

Kids out here ain't going West anymore.

Kids out West are leaving in droves, though.

Remember when USC would come to the south and just grab whoever that wanted? Days are finito
Those days are dead, dead.

Not with Texas, A&M and Oklahoma now all having mega-elite recruiters and SEC shredding the state.

Stanford's about to only school with any pull left here, and they're obviously an extreme outlier.

Those days are dead, dead.

Not with Texas, A&M and Oklahoma now all having mega-elite recruiters and SEC shredding the state.

Stanford's about to only school with any pull left here, and they're obviously an extreme outlier.

Yep.

Stanford only has the pull with kids who are thinking long term, and even then, idk if we are pulling 5 stars over a UT kid (which is a solid school as well).

In two weeks, the N.C.A.A.’s primary legislative body, the Division I Council, will vote on a measure that could severely restrict graduate transfers. The proposed rule change would require that colleges accepting graduate transfers be docked a scholarship the next year if the transfer does not earn his secondary degree within a year.

So as graduate transfers have continued to increase — there were 124 this season in men’s basketball, according to the website GradTransferTracker, including a handful who were key contributors on N.C.A.A. tournament teams — and as programs have found value in them as a quick fix that suits both team and player, the new rule is seeking to discourage them by effectively adding a tax on programs that accept such players.

“That’s really draconian,” Rodney Fort, a sports economist and professor of sports management at the University of Michigan, said of the rule change. “This is like losing a scholarship from an N.C.A.A. penalty.”

I can’t remember the last time a recruit from Texas spurned a Texas school for USC
nako xl nako xl will be able to tell you.

Off the top of my head? Levi Jones just two years ago. Ronald Jones. Acacedric Ware.

And going back a ways, Mike Morgan had them UT boys crying bloody murder to the NCAA (and we still pulled Emmanuel Moody :lol: )

Staying on topic though, General Booty is transferring to JSerra :nerd:

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/article.aspx?articleid=4cba7701-ba69-4c8b-9697-49495984ea67

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom